Author Topic: Larger Flat Screen TV discussion thread (> 50" and more....)  (Read 595023 times)

Offline Gaolow

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Larger Flat Screen TV discussion thread (> 50" and more....)
« Reply #3000 on: July 28, 2020, 17:33 »
Any problem with delivery of the 82” behemoth? Tv with the box was able to fit into the passenger lift?
No problems.. I think the put it as vertical

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3001 on: August 02, 2020, 14:59 »
When it gets too biiiig...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y-1UmBvjLo0&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Y-1UmBvjLo0&fs=1</a>
...you gotta striiiip!
Hmmm... China's lifts are generally bigger right?

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3002 on: August 05, 2020, 20:18 »
Panasonic save trouble going through panel change... Give me a total new TV replacement!
🤪Good: Upped 1inch.
😲Unexpected: From simple smart OS, upped to Android 9 system.
😡Upset: Basic features like selectable aspect ratio for me to toggle presentation of WS 1.85 movies now totally, 4:3 option totally missing!!!
(This makes me now more determined to do 2 screen setup,15/16inches apart, in my new apartment!)
🤨Sad: from Malaysia made, to China Made.

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3003 on: August 05, 2020, 20:27 »
Next test... To see if the dts audio diversion from TV to amp works or not... The previous 49EX400 cannot.

Offline Gondon72

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3004 on: August 07, 2020, 13:17 »
Panasonic save trouble going through panel change... Give me a total new TV replacement!
🤪Good: Upped 1inch.
😲Unexpected: From simple smart OS, upped to Android 9 system.
😡Upset: Basic features like selectable aspect ratio for me to toggle presentation of WS 1.85 movies now totally, 4:3 option totally missing!!!
(This makes me now more determined to do 2 screen setup,15/16inches apart, in my new apartment!)
🤨Sad: from Malaysia made, to China Made.

Bro, you lucky leh. My friend Panasonic TV 6 months only panel one of the corner having problem. And they said no warranty for panel and replacement needs to pay $900.  He rather buy new one as he bought $1100.

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3005 on: August 07, 2020, 14:09 »
My problem was whole panel blackout, but got sound.(this means the backlight most like have kaput)
By right the standard warranty should cover such defect. Ur friend case... is happen from one corner, the only wat to get panel replacement can only to tahan thru the warranty period by keep using until the whole screen kaput. But that will be very dependent on what model ur friend bought, which will have an effect on the warranty validity.
Let's say, this year's Panasonic models are supposedly to be H, naturally 3yrs coverage will be there.
Show he buy last's year makes which identified by G, 3yrs warranty still covered.
But... should he buy the F models, which falls under 2018 release, the full warranty immediately falls to just 1yr coverage.

Note that the warranty service is not by Panasonic SG employee. The warranty is sub-contracted out to external parties. Panasonic SG only do call in Warranty claim and booking of tech's visit.

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3006 on: August 07, 2020, 16:11 »
My "New" TV is HX650 like the one shown here...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SgJjIp2Tfwc&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SgJjIp2Tfwc&fs=1</a>
...except that mine is ended with with S, not G in Indonesia.
My TV is MiCN, Indo one is MiID.

Offline Gondon72

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3007 on: August 07, 2020, 18:07 »
My problem was whole panel blackout, but got sound.(this means the backlight most like have kaput)
By right the standard warranty should cover such defect. Ur friend case... is happen from one corner, the only wat to get panel replacement can only to tahan thru the warranty period by keep using until the whole screen kaput. But that will be very dependent on what model ur friend bought, which will have an effect on the warranty validity.
Let's say, this year's Panasonic models are supposedly to be H, naturally 3yrs coverage will be there.
Show he buy last's year makes which identified by G, 3yrs warranty still covered.
But... should he buy the F models, which falls under 2018 release, the full warranty immediately falls to just 1yr coverage.

Note that the warranty service is not by Panasonic SG employee. The warranty is sub-contracted out to external parties. Panasonic SG only do call in Warranty claim and booking of tech's visit.

I believe he bought the F model.  But the panel problem surfaced after 6 months of usage and Panasonic said panel is not covered under warranty.

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3008 on: August 08, 2020, 17:23 »
A pity... Ur friend should hv either find out the revised warranty policy from Panasonic or from the salesman he bought the TV from.
I've heard that Sony is planning to do so, as the repairing costs is rising due to components price and manpower salary. So far it's just something i heard, i couldn't confirm yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do so, or partially do so, per se. Maybe only higher end makes get full warranty coverage?

Offline tsammyc

• I think, therefore I am
« Reply #3009 on: August 08, 2020, 23:02 »
My FZ Panasonic  TV has a 3 year warranty

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3010 on: August 08, 2020, 23:26 »
just bought? Or u've been owning for quite a while?

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3011 on: August 09, 2020, 22:21 »
NTUC Vivo don't just sell AOC, Philips, and Harson, or Sharp now... New to join, LG! Distributed by GJH
...Installation Charges Applies though...

Online petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
« Reply #3012 on: August 09, 2020, 22:27 »
That’s good news ..
Big ones like the 82” available?
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2020/02/my-setup-22020.html

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3013 on: August 09, 2020, 22:35 »
Max @ 65"... No sight of Xtra Large biggies btwn 70~82

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3014 on: August 09, 2020, 23:09 »
Forgotten to add...
XiaoMi 4s 55" 4k TV priced @ $649 sold in XiaoMi shop in Suntec, gets $55 National Day discount.
Warranty and Delivery details not given.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal