Author Topic: Larger Flat Screen TV discussion thread (> 50" and more....)  (Read 430555 times)

Offline Avonez

• Trade Count: (0)
You can catch the Samsung 64" Plasma D8000 at Best Denki, City Sq Mall; exclusive to store according to salesman ???
The Samsung 75" LED D9500 is supposed to be launched in Aug...

Offline vc

• I'm a llama!
I've see the Samsung 75" at Taka Best Denki. If I recall, advertised pricing is close to 30k. For that price, its defintely not worth it even if they can give a nig discount. Might as well consider a projector setup.

Offline WHKC068

• Trade Count: (+1)
I've see the Samsung 75" at Taka Best Denki. If I recall, advertised pricing is close to 30k. For that price, its defintely not worth it even if they can give a nig discount. Might as well consider a projector setup.

There is also the Panasonic 85" 3D plasma monster TH-85VX200, though not sure if available here.

I guess when planning on getting these "babies" got to factor in costs for remodeling of house as well...

I certainly agree with Petetherock that size matters and it's only a matter of time before my 60" start to look small.

The 75" to 85" range certainly looks very attractive and here's hoping that in the near future, besides being affordable and smart, they would incorporate 3D (without glasses & wide viewing angle), Kuro blacks or better and supports 4K resolution.

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
Panny already hv the 4k 150" in sg .
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
All used items will not come with cable.
For viewing of used items. text@96387418
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968

Offline c722

• I'm a llama!
There is also the Panasonic 85" 3D plasma monster TH-85VX200, though not sure if available here.

.. and its power consumption is :

Power Consumption    (200v-240v)1,200 W

I think even landed house needs to run a separate circuit for this

.. and Peng ur wonderful 150" is 3700w !! this one definitely not for households
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 13:54 by c722 »

Offline econav

.. and its power consumption is :

Power Consumption    (200v-240v)1,200 W

I think even landed house needs to run a separate circuit for this

.. and Peng ur wonderful 150" is 3700w !! this one definitely not for households

am not shock to see it at home @ saddy island . when cost is No objection ;)
Can also see it @ LV and few more on the way ;D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 15:52 by econav »
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968

Online petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
If the 64" Samsung is < 6k or so when I commit, that will be my target, esp if there are no issues with it.

Otherwise I will also consider the VT 30 or re-look the Sony HX 925, if I can get rid of the "soap opera effect"...
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
https://peteswrite.blogspot.sg/2018/03/my-setup-32018.html

Offline Drexter

• To each its own...
just checked on the Panasonic Plasmas. 50" VT-20 selling at $2499 at Best Denki. Comes with 3x 3D glasses, Blurays(never indicated how many), Skype Camera, Free 5 years extended warranty, $100 NTUC voucher. Checked the neighbourhood shops, no more VT-20 already. I guess the only place left to get the VT20 is at BestDenki. Good buy or should wait for PC show in Sep?

Asked them about VT30, they mentioned that they have it in 42". And those with 50 and 55 are ST30 series? Anybody know if ST30 series is the same as VT30?
HTS setup
Display: Panasonic VT-20 50"
Source: Oppo 103D / PlayStation 4
AVR: Denon AVR-X4300H
Amplifier: Emotiva XPA3 Gen 3
Front LR: B&W 685 Black Ash
Center: B&W HTM61 Black Ash
Rear Surround: B&W MT-1
Subwoofer: HSU VTF3-MK4

Cables
Speaker: QED XT40
Preout: QED Performance
Subwoofer: QED Reference
HDMI: Mediabridge Ultra Series
Power Cord: AFA Aphrodite Series II

Accessories
Speaker Stand: B&W STAV 24
Speaker Spike Base from Gear

Offline econav

If the 64" Samsung is < 6k or so when I commit, that will be my target, esp if there are no issues with it.

Otherwise I will also consider the VT 30 or re-look the Sony HX 925, if I can get rid of the "soap opera effect"...
you refer to 64D8k ? $5999 can do ?
all post

Online petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
you refer to 64D8k ? $5999 can do ?
Wah bro, you got some prices?
Can you pm me your VT 30 / HX 925 prices too?

Catch up for kopi soon... will begin my planning and design phase soon...
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
https://peteswrite.blogspot.sg/2018/03/my-setup-32018.html

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
5,999 is a good price.  Still waiting for my 1st generation Panny 50" to die gracefully so that I can go for this.  Think I punt the numbers tomorrow!..... ;D

Offline domho8

5,999 is a good price.  Still waiting for my 1st generation Panny 50" to die gracefully so that I can go for this.  Think I punt the numbers tomorrow!..... ;D

Eh bro go whack 100B 100S, also sys entry, can buy 150" panny.  ;D

Offline econav

Eh bro go whack 100B 100S, also sys entry, can buy 150" panny.  ;D

You must also buy a house  ,as the 150" almost 3m tall boxed . ;D

Ok . let's whack this 7771 buy how much small than can get 1mil ?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 00:36 by econav »
all post

Offline econav

Wah bro, you got some prices?
Can you pm me your VT 30 / HX 925 prices too?

Catch up for kopi soon... will begin my planning and design phase soon...

Project price dah,will not say price for 65VT30 , till they release. we only use sammy,panny and pio for project.
have look at the layout you post , a 64/65 plsma will do better than a projector.
next week am around holland park , maybe can drop by ?
all post

Offline econav

just checked on the Panasonic Plasmas. 50" VT-20 selling at $2499 at Best Denki. Comes with 3x 3D glasses, Blurays(never indicated how many), Skype Camera, Free 5 years extended warranty, $100 NTUC voucher. Checked the neighbourhood shops, no more VT-20 already. I guess the only place left to get the VT20 is at BestDenki. Good buy or should wait for PC show in Sep?
get it before gone
Asked them about VT30, they mentioned that they have it in 42". And those with 50 and 55 are ST30 series? Anybody know if ST30 series is the same as VT30?
same series ,VT with Adv ISF mode, first look ST is brighter , but Vt much deeper black and look darker and more colour depth.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:27 by econav »
all post