Author Topic: BenQ W2700 DLP Projector Thread  (Read 3039 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: BenQ W2700 DLP Projector Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2019, 13:39 »
Tsammy, fantastic observation.

I was trying previously with two settings on HDR10, but the pj doesn’t allow for second profile , even in isf mode. For HDR , when turned on, will kick in to the sole HDR10 mode. No other options, unless HDR is disabled and then other viewing modes become available

I had the same experience previously, on the spears munsil disc, u can easily toggle between 600 nits, 1000nits, 4000 and 10,000 nits on same material. Even playing at 1,000 nits I found it to be slightly washed out . 600 nits was much much better

As U have clearly mentioned, turning off the WCG filter increases luminance . But toggling on off WCG comes at the expense of colour accuracy

That is why “ tone mapping” feature is very important When HDR is concerned

I tried a similar setting on Oppo 205, bringing the nits level down to 500nits, it doesn’t seem to be effective

HDR brightness settings help, but not much... that’s my experience so far with the BenQ

Offline tsammyc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I think, therefore I am
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2019, 20:41 »
Watched X-Men Dark Phoenix today on UHD Blu Ray. Checked using UB820. Mastered to 1,000 nits. Turned wide color gamut on and perfect. Nice contrast, beautiful colors and sufficiently bright. Think I have this washed out HDR on projectors solved between the BenQ and UB820.

Roni, turning off WCG comes at more than just the expense of color accuracy. It's the loss of millions of beautiful colors, so its extremely important to keep it on, if possible.

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2019, 13:13 »
Watched X-Men Dark Phoenix today on UHD Blu Ray. Checked using UB820. Mastered to 1,000 nits. Turned wide color gamut on and perfect. Nice contrast, beautiful colors and sufficiently bright. Think I have this washed out HDR on projectors solved between the BenQ and UB820.

Roni, turning off WCG comes at more than just the expense of color accuracy. It's the loss of millions of beautiful colors, so its extremely important to keep it on, if possible.

Yes I have it turned back on now, then comes a scene, “ a quiet place” then it becomes too dark... lol

I think for now I’ll just have to toggle between WCG filter and HDR brightness settings

Maybe I’ll even limit the Oppo 205 to 350nits

Will report my findings again

I have no such issues whatsoever with SDR 4k, any scene thrown at it all looks fantastic

Offline alf

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Let your experience define your choice "View It"
    • www.entheos.com.sg
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2019, 08:54 »

Nice looking bracket ( customer not aware ) not very good as the bottom is a single ball joint , the CG is not good have to use a lot of cable ties to makes it balance .

Using a motorize 123" 16:9 Radiant white, behind is a large picture of kids. Screen requires to be off the wall and yet must be in between the centre speaker . ( require accurate measurement )
The bracket was wall mounted with some modification on the mounting device to make it close and neat to the wall and ceiling  :-\ .

The setting has to be at vivid mode for it to look decent and bright ( lamp mode still can be at economy settings).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 08:56 by alf »
Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
      Optical Tech / Metal Fabricator NTC/ ( ISF Trained Dealer)
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI White , Phantom Grey and Black Mambo II for different ambient application screen. JKP 709 calibration disc / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc

Offline alf

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Let your experience define your choice "View It"
    • www.entheos.com.sg
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2019, 21:12 »

Another install but with lower image heights , client will be viewing at the centre of screen just like in the theatre having seating at the sweet spot . Not many instal  have the chance as they are using racks , this clients customize his racks to fit the viewing height.

Sound is 7.1 .2 only . Because of the room size able to place 3  position for the speakers . Front , side (bipola ) and back surrond .

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 05:18 by alf »
Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
      Optical Tech / Metal Fabricator NTC/ ( ISF Trained Dealer)
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI White , Phantom Grey and Black Mambo II for different ambient application screen. JKP 709 calibration disc / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc