Author Topic: Densen Owner's Thread  (Read 150233 times)

Offline nic_wei

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Densen Owner's Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 00:03 »

Woah...all started posting pictures of their setup  :o  OK lah...I also follow  :P

This is my Legendary Densen DM20 being partnered with it's brother DM30 powering a pair of Dynaudio C1 as you can view from my small avatar.

Had these pair for about nearly 10 years and only started to ultilize it 6 years ago. Bought and kept it in store  :P

Classic series had a slight different in signature compare to the new Beat series. It's sweet and smooth sound with Densen claimed "Air Guitar Factor"

Nice shoot, bro.  8)
Kena poison after listen to your DM20 & DM30 + Dynaudio C1. :P
Chord Electronics
Dynaudio Speakers (Stereo & HT)
Oppo BDP / Denon AVR / Panasonic Projector / OS Screen
FE Rack & Accessories / DIY Cables / Sine Power Distributors

Offline stealth

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 00:05 »
Nice shoot, bro. Kena poison after listen to your DM20 & DM30 + Dynaudio C1. :P

Thanks!

Hahaha...you're getting there liao..be patient abit DM30 coming soon..good luck!

Offline nic_wei

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 10:02 »
I have been a Densen fan since Nic got me hooked.... :P ::)

Running on B250 + B320 for now...B300XS currently being serviced...DM30 is also waiting to be hooked up...

Cool man.  8)
You have 3 different model Densen power amp. Please share with us what are your finding.  ;D
Chord Electronics

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 23:55 »
I was using B200 with Parasound A52.  The source was Rega Saturn.  Due to cutting down on number of boxes, switched to Oppo 95 feeding multi-channel to a Audiolab 8000AP for both movies and music.

I always wonder what is it like if B250 is fitted with a multi-channel board and used for movies and multi-channel music  ;D

Cheers,

not sure how will movies be better... DTS-HD MA and Dobly TrueHD already very good. But confirm Blu-ray music concerts will be stunning with it. now i got no HT setup, so all movies on 2chn is stunning too.
ProJect Q.

Offline lobster

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 10:01 »
Bro DJQ,

How nice if B200 can be fitted with multi-channel board.  It is a good preamp.

I recently explored multi-channel analogue out and like the outcome, hence got the Oppo 95. 
The Audiolab 8000AP is an old model pre-pro, the price is friendly to my pocket  :) Also the sound quality of the preamp is quite good.  Now blu-ray movies and concerts are more shiok!

However, being a Densen fan, really itchy to find out B250 with multi-channel out but alas the price is high to experiment...  :P

Cheers,

Offline lobster

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 10:10 »
Any bros here waiting for the Densen standalone DAC, rumored there will be one?

I have heard the Naim and Bryston, quite like their sounds.  The Bryston is cheaper so is more vfm.  I hope Densen can produe one that is vfm.

Cheers,

Offline Wymun

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 17:55 »
In my limited experience, while the DM30 has better PRAT and more power on the go, it tends to be "darker" (i.e. less neutral / transparent) than the newer amps (i.e. B300XS / B320).

The DM30 imparts a warmer sound signature (i.e. a bit tube-like), which some people appreciate esp considering it's solid-state, but I dare-say that it sacrifices some resolution and quietness in the process (c.f. the newer amps). 

Cool man.  8)
You have 3 different model Densen power amp. Please share with us what are your finding.  ;D

Offline pathetichindsight

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 12:13 »
Thanks for setting up a Densen thread. My first densen purchase was actually the demagic CD which i bought donkey years ago, but it was a used beat 100 which really got me hooked. my current set up as below but i do miss the warmth of the beat 100 (which i have yet to sell). Currently I am looking to inject some warmth into my set up so i am all ears for advice : )

source
audiolab 8200CD
rega P25 with dynavector 10x5

amp
densen b200
densen b300xs
era gold V

speakers
dynaudio 70

ic
all grover except neotech 3001 for cdp->preamp

speaker cable
anticable

Offline DJQ

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 12:58 »
Hi bro path, I too got the audiolab 8200CD with B-200 B320, so our setup considered quite close. Do consider different ic and spk cables. You didn't mention power cords. So that can tweak into getting a warmer sound.
ProJect Q.

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 14:09 »
I am using chord superscreen for the cdp and ecosse big orange for the pre & power. Yes, I recently tried the neotech which gave a fuller sound compared to the grover, but still not exactly warm. I previously used the musical fidelity x10d tube buffer between my cdp & beat 100 to good effect, but the tube buffer has now lost its sonic impact with the pre-power combi. Any recommendations on cables which wont bust my wallet?  :)

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 11:27 »
btw, if anyone is ever looking to sell their DM-10, pls give me a buzz  :)

Offline viper1912

• Snr Member
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 12:02 »
There is a DM10 available at Bolehland....but snap up after a day posting. I miss the chance on getting this DM10 so I end up with DM20/30 couples years back.

Offline DJQ

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 12:43 »
I am using chord superscreen for the cdp and ecosse big orange for the pre & power. Yes, I recently tried the neotech which gave a fuller sound compared to the grover, but still not exactly warm. I previously used the musical fidelity x10d tube buffer between my cdp & beat 100 to good effect, but the tube buffer has now lost its sonic impact with the pre-power combi. Any recommendations on cables which wont bust my wallet?  :)

I sold out my IeGO L80520w8085 gold plated plug, which is slated to give a tube like warm sounding character. Else can let you try. Try looking out for cables with gold plating.
ProJect Q.

Offline nic_wei

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 17:41 »
There is a DM10 available at Bolehland....but snap up after a day posting. I miss the chance on getting this DM10 so I end up with DM20/30 couples years back.

You are lucky man. You manage to find DM20/30 comp. :D
It is very hard to find DM series nowadays. I got DM10 & DM20 only. :(

My Densen journey: B100 > DM10 > DM20, hope can get DM30.  ;D
Chord Electronics

Offline viper1912

• Snr Member
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 18:39 »
Nic_Wei

All thanx to bro Stealth.He insisted me to get DM20/30.

At earlier stage, spend much of the time on Naim. First start of with nait3, follow by 5i. Although it come with the PRAT.....but still found something is missing. (Duno how to describe it at that time) At one time the owner of the DM10 wanted to swap with my 5i due to the price, we didnt agreed.  So end up the DM10 sold to one of the forumer, which eventually I know him. Whom say fall in love so much of the DM10, but after 1-2yrs + it appear on Net again. Haiz.......

After the deal went cold, has sleepness nite, due to cant find a suitable amp for my Dyn. Suddenly a set of DM20/30 appears.......I die die.....go all the way down to Kluang to grab it.

Now think back, I am glad that I bought the DM20/30. Is so hard to come by in a combo set. If I can get the DM10 as another set it would great.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal