Author Topic: Densen Owner's Thread  (Read 149672 times)

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
Densen Owner's Thread
« on: June 02, 2011, 23:36 »

A show of hands how many bros here sliently owns these Lifetime warranty items. Got my B-200 and B-320 to drive my Dynaudio C1. Nothing fancy about the looks as its just sleek Black/Silver slim chassis. I am beginning to feel the Densen slowly well run-in after so many months. With the match to C1 sometimes still brings tears as i listen thru the night whenever i can. Wondering what other bro's Densen we have here and the different types of speakers it can drive. i understand the Densen Monos would not be adequate to drive dynaudio floorstanders like the C2. Was told by some bros here my C1 will have other hidden potentials if matched with other brands. but lets leave it to the dyn thread. Personally i like this setup.

My B-200 had its Capacitors replaced hence i find it has very detail sonics. going to have my B-320 to do the same by end of this year. i still somehow find its missing some element compared to the dual mono design on the older Classic DM series power amp. well hope the Capacitor mod will see me keeping this beauty.
ProJect Q.

Online fb79

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Densen Owner's Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 00:32 »
Have the B200, love the beautiful chassis but i'm underusing mine as *just* a pre for a pair of active speakers.  Its the older one with the gold plated knob that has now become so pitted it looks more like a lump of raw metal hehe.

It should be used with a few densen amps with built in crossovers in order to show its full potential... that i have yet the stomach or wallet to bear cost for :(

Offline Wymun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 00:45 »
I have been a Densen fan since Nic got me hooked.... :P ::)

Running on B250 + B320 for now...B300XS currently being serviced...DM30 is also waiting to be hooked up...

Offline DJQ

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 07:42 »
Holy cow! The silver finish so nice! Er ur chord stole the limelight Liao. Impressive setup.
ProJect Q.

Offline Wymun

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 08:31 »
What looks nice, doesn't necessarily sound nice - notwithstanding, I'm not complaining...haven't hooked up the DNRGs as well... :P

BTW: was telling Nic that for the acrylic speaker / power cable stands, I found they worked better by using blue tack under them to prevent motion on both the cables and stands. Cos my flooring is parquet, so even though the Acrylic material is supposed to be less susceptible to direct resonance, you may still get some transmitted from the floor. Guess if your flooring is carpeted, it may not be as bad...

Offline lobster

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 10:13 »

Nice to meet you bros!

I am also a Densen user:

DM-10 (at present driving a pair of ATC SCM12 bookshelf speakers)
B-400XS (feeding DM-10)
B-200 (not connected)

Cheers,
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:58 by lobster »

Offline nic_wei

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 10:39 »

My twin gold knobs & twin chrome knobs. I am using DM10 as power amp, looking for SM30. :P
Chord Electronics
Dynaudio Speakers (Stereo & HT)
Oppo BDP / Denon AVR / Panasonic Projector / OS Screen
FE Rack & Accessories / DIY Cables / Sine Power Distributors

Offline dXter

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 12:11 »
Densen just upgraded their amps, now to '+' series with some modifications. Any perceivable improvement, and compared to the old DM series?

Offline DJQ

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 13:28 »
Woah! Looks like we have more DM series owners. Yeah agree they are a wee bit high on the price tag. I do feel they are keepers that can last very long. Bro lobster also keep his B-200 not connected...
ProJect Q.

Offline chowchow

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 19:11 »
Hi.. I'm a Densen user too

B400XS
B250
B300XS driving B&W 805S
Densen B400XS | Densen B250 | Densen B300XS | B&W 805S | Nordost Valhalla Interconnect | Nordost Tyr Interconnect | Nordost Heimdall Speaker Cables |

Offline lobster

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 19:48 »
I was using B200 with Parasound A52.  The source was Rega Saturn.  Due to cutting down on number of boxes, switched to Oppo 95 feeding multi-channel to a Audiolab 8000AP for both movies and music.

I always wonder what is it like if B250 is fitted with a multi-channel board and used for movies and multi-channel music  ;D

Cheers,

Offline maserluv

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 22:18 »
Nic, have u sold your Beat-100? keen to join you guys.

My twin gold knobs & twin chrome knobs. I am using DM10 as power amp, looking for SM30. :P
Sine Mega 6 | HDPlex LPS | 苹果 Mac Mini | Uptone Audio MMK | JRiver Media Center Twenty-Two | Spotify |  Chromecast 2 | Lifetec Optical | Chord Mojo | Transparent Audio Musiclink | 英国之宝  Meridian 504 | Transparent Audio Musiclink | 丹麦小王子 Densen B-100 MK V | Transparent Audio Musicwave Biwire | 英国宝华 B&W CM1

Offline nic_wei

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 23:50 »
Nic, have u sold your Beat-100? keen to join you guys.
Haven't sold yet.:)
Chord Electronics

Offline nic_wei

Chord Electronics

Offline stealth

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 23:54 »

Woah...all started posting pictures of their setup  :o  OK lah...I also follow  :P

This is my Legendary Densen DM20 being partnered with it's brother DM30 powering a pair of Dynaudio C1 as you can view from my small avatar.

Had these pair for about nearly 10 years and only started to ultilize it 6 years ago. Bought and kept it in store  :P

Classic series had a slight different in signature compare to the new Beat series. It's sweet and smooth sound with Densen claimed "Air Guitar Factor"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal