Author Topic: Official Rythmik Subwoofer Thread  (Read 183688 times)

Online rock123

• Trade Count: (-1)
Re: Official Rythmik Subwoofer Thread
« Reply #810 on: February 07, 2019, 16:54 »
Here is a thread on avsforum where they compare subs from different makers in their own room,from there can have a idea about what sub best suit what room/hall layout.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/3018282-subwoofer-comparisons-impressions.html
Happy reading!

very good read up thks so m NGSK Bro.
I got the same experience too when i got the FV18 vs the PSA V1811. ( got the chance) The PSA V1811 r v well compact built with solid MID bass slam.

PS : I just got used to " Rythmik" Sound Signature.
Pure 100% Home Theatre Lover @7.3.4
1996 Sunfire Cinema Grand l Flagship Onkyo RZ-3100 11.2 
Klipsch KLF-30 Legend Towers KLF-C7 Tractrix® Horn
Sub 1: Rythmik FV18 @900WRMS(Nearfield) Sub 2: Rythmik FV15HP @600WRMS
Sub 3: SVS PB12-Plus/2 @900WRMS down-firing dual 12.3" three 4" Ports
Ultimate Cinema!: Motorized 16:9 150" Screen *BenQ W1070+ 3D DLP 1080p

Online sevenz

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #811 on: February 07, 2019, 20:12 »
very good read up thks so m NGSK Bro.
I got the same experience too when i got the FV18 vs the PSA V1811. ( got the chance) The PSA V1811 r v well compact built with solid MID bass slam.

PS : I just got used to " Rythmik" Sound Signature.

Ooo nice. Thanks for sharing your impressions! :) Seems like the v1811 is designed more for midbass slam

If possible, could u share further impressions of the fv18hp Vs v1811?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 20:26 by sevenz »

Online rock123

• Trade Count: (-1)
« Reply #812 on: February 07, 2019, 21:16 »
Ooo nice. Thanks for sharing your impressions! :) Seems like the v1811 is designed more for midbass slam

If possible, could u share further impressions of the fv18hp Vs v1811?

Sure bro my pleasure.

Physical size:
Fv18 is very tall, almost double of V1811
V1811 enclosure is like FV15HP size
Review is here:
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=280606.0

Both got it strength.
FV18 Punchiness > V1811 ( Which I really love the " Rythmik" Sound Signature)
Mid bass well is SOLID and PUNCH A*S
It can go very deep , clean and Loud within almost no heard port distortion

PSA Mid Bass is  full , thicker and can can go low too which it can rumble solid too.
Cannot under estimate the MId bass SPLS levels of this Sub AWesome.
It's 1 of the most compact size 18 Vented\Ported Sub out there in the market
 Have consulted TOM from PSA:
The V1811 is not designed to go down to 10hz.
14-16hz (in room) is the usally deep bass extension

There should be upcoming demo of Dual PSA V1811 soon by a fellow member here.
Welcome for Sub demo if interested :)
Enjoy HT bros.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 21:18 by rock123 »
Pure 100% Home Theatre Lover @7.3.4
1996 Sunfire Cinema Grand l Flagship Onkyo RZ-3100 11.2 
Klipsch KLF-30 Legend Towers KLF-C7 Tractrix® Horn
Sub 1: Rythmik FV18 @900WRMS(Nearfield) Sub 2: Rythmik FV15HP @600WRMS
Sub 3: SVS PB12-Plus/2 @900WRMS down-firing dual 12.3" three 4" Ports
Ultimate Cinema!: Motorized 16:9 150" Screen *BenQ W1070+ 3D DLP 1080p

Online sevenz

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #813 on: February 07, 2019, 22:22 »
Sure bro my pleasure.

Physical size:
Fv18 is very tall, almost double of V1811
V1811 enclosure is like FV15HP size
Review is here:
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=280606.0

Both got it strength.
FV18 Punchiness > V1811 ( Which I really love the " Rythmik" Sound Signature)
Mid bass well is SOLID and PUNCH A*S
It can go very deep , clean and Loud within almost no heard port distortion

PSA Mid Bass is  full , thicker and can can go low too which it can rumble solid too.
Cannot under estimate the MId bass SPLS levels of this Sub AWesome.
It's 1 of the most compact size 18 Vented\Ported Sub out there in the market
 Have consulted TOM from PSA:
The V1811 is not designed to go down to 10hz.
14-16hz (in room) is the usally deep bass extension

There should be upcoming demo of Dual PSA V1811 soon by a fellow member here.
Welcome for Sub demo if interested :)
Enjoy HT bros.

so good, thanks bro!

Offline ngsk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #814 on: February 28, 2019, 08:15 »
Explanation of how Rythmik sub servo works from Brain Ding himself:

'First, servo subs address memory effects of spider and surround material. The memory effect is one of the reasons bassline is blurred (or less rhythm, not rythmik enough). When you play a sequence of notes, how does the previous note change the "state of the driver" and how that affect the next note is called memory effect. The ideal transducer is zero memory effect. Today there is no test to reliably test memory effect. For electronics, there has been staircase waveform or other proposed methods. But none of that works for subwoofers because subwoofer distortion is so high that one cannot separate harmonic distortion from memory distortion. So how do I know the memory effect is reduced in our servo subwoofers? Because I have a mathematical model to calculate the factor.
Second, less boxy sound. Drivers produce sound on both sides of cone. Where does the energy from back of the cone go? If the back energy can bounce back and hit the cone and cause the cone to move even minutely, that back wave energy (we call re-radiation) will be mixed with the next note. Now the cone is being moved and energy is now on the cone and that energy can again produce a yet more minute back wave into the box. Servo addresses this problem. When the first back wave comes back to the cone, servo feedback detects the cone movement and exerts an opposite "damping force" to counteract the cone movement. So two things happen. The first is the cone movement is reduced by a factor of 3x. Second, the amplifier force produced by the servo feedback is a "damping" force so it dissipates more energy during this counteraction process. That leads to even faster decay of boxy sound.
Third, servo corrects the low frequency response without calibration. How many manufacturers assemble their subwoofers next to an anechoic room? If they do, how much would that subwoofer be? This is important because wavelength is longer at the low end and any anomaly will be audible "over time" and that is also where all the EQ and curve correction happens with non-servo subs. We all can send a unit to Josh to test. But what is the mechanism to ensure the production units are 95% or even 99% close to that unit? This is called product consistency. Servo has absolutely huge advantage over DSP EQ because the variability of T/S parameters are in the feedback loop. DSP EQ cannot possibly know the T/S parameters of the driver.
The above are just some reasons that go beyond what Josh has tested. But that does not mean we think Josh test is less important. What good does servo do if we cannot even perform better with Josh's tests. But again science is relative to knowledge. We know there are other factors affecting the sound quality. What kind of objective and repeatable tests we can come up? Unfortunately most of are infatuated with DSP and think DSP can address everything. DSP is just as smart as we are. If we don't have the model for the problem that we want to address, DSP is not gonna solve it for us.'

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #815 on: March 12, 2019, 08:35 »
Explanation of how Rythmik sub servo works from Brain Ding himself:

'First, servo subs address memory effects of spider and surround material. The memory effect is one of the reasons bassline is blurred (or less rhythm, not rythmik enough). When you play a sequence of notes, how does the previous note change the "state of the driver" and how that affect the next note is called memory effect. The ideal transducer is zero memory effect. Today there is no test to reliably test memory effect. For electronics, there has been staircase waveform or other proposed methods. But none of that works for subwoofers because subwoofer distortion is so high that one cannot separate harmonic distortion from memory distortion. So how do I know the memory effect is reduced in our servo subwoofers? Because I have a mathematical model to calculate the factor.
Second, less boxy sound. Drivers produce sound on both sides of cone. Where does the energy from back of the cone go? If the back energy can bounce back and hit the cone and cause the cone to move even minutely, that back wave energy (we call re-radiation) will be mixed with the next note. Now the cone is being moved and energy is now on the cone and that energy can again produce a yet more minute back wave into the box. Servo addresses this problem. When the first back wave comes back to the cone, servo feedback detects the cone movement and exerts an opposite "damping force" to counteract the cone movement. So two things happen. The first is the cone movement is reduced by a factor of 3x. Second, the amplifier force produced by the servo feedback is a "damping" force so it dissipates more energy during this counteraction process. That leads to even faster decay of boxy sound.
Third, servo corrects the low frequency response without calibration. How many manufacturers assemble their subwoofers next to an anechoic room? If they do, how much would that subwoofer be? This is important because wavelength is longer at the low end and any anomaly will be audible "over time" and that is also where all the EQ and curve correction happens with non-servo subs. We all can send a unit to Josh to test. But what is the mechanism to ensure the production units are 95% or even 99% close to that unit? This is called product consistency. Servo has absolutely huge advantage over DSP EQ because the variability of T/S parameters are in the feedback loop. DSP EQ cannot possibly know the T/S parameters of the driver.
The above are just some reasons that go beyond what Josh has tested. But that does not mean we think Josh test is less important. What good does servo do if we cannot even perform better with Josh's tests. But again science is relative to knowledge. We know there are other factors affecting the sound quality. What kind of objective and repeatable tests we can come up? Unfortunately most of are infatuated with DSP and think DSP can address everything. DSP is just as smart as we are. If we don't have the model for the problem that we want to address, DSP is not gonna solve it for us.'

Nice sharing bro, the F18 rythmik is just absolute class, among all the rythmik, this is one of my favourite subs! Superb extension deep Low with intense SPLs and very clean sounding and dynamic , perfect choice, very Low distortion, great stuff

G28 will be an absolute beast !

Offline dc71

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #816 on: March 17, 2019, 09:19 »
@econav can you give me a price and lead time for one or two pieces of Rythmik L12 in white?

Offline econav

« Reply #817 on: March 17, 2019, 12:18 »
Sorry , we not bring in this model for local market.
you can goto our dealer’s shop,
EARTH SOUND at 02-33 The adelphi to see another model LVX 12 for local .
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline ngsk

« Reply #818 on: June 27, 2019, 12:59 »
As there're some exchange on how the gain/volume knob on sub work n their position to the actual sub max output,I found this article from PSA website that better explain it: https://www.powersoundaudio.com/pages/gain-control
Another thread to share is regarding gain match multiple identical subs b4 room correction eq them:  https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/3075314-calibrating-dual-subwoofers-w-audyssey.html
Post 6 show the whole process with measurements.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #819 on: June 27, 2019, 13:27 »
As there're some exchange on how the gain/volume knob on sub work n their position to the actual sub max output,I found this article from PSA website that better explain it: https://www.powersoundaudio.com/pages/gain-control
Another thread to share is regarding gain match multiple identical subs b4 room correction eq them:  https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/3075314-calibrating-dual-subwoofers-w-audyssey.html

Great sharing ! I would second that gain matching technique, this is the technique I deploy when using the seatons quad f18, I prefer this approach to level matching

Offline Djblackfm

« Reply #820 on: June 27, 2019, 13:56 »
Wow good read. Thanks for the information sharing bro.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If we don't share or exchange knowledge we won't grow & understand. Be more open, Share & Learn.

Offline econav

« Reply #821 on: August 15, 2019, 16:44 »
You want stack........
You want small size.........
You want hair standing bass........

We will release this model L22 for the local market, demo is ready ,text 96387418 to arrange.
http://www.rythmikaudio.com/L22.html
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline econav

« Reply #822 on: August 17, 2019, 20:21 »
Ready for action next week...

all post