Author Topic: MBL users out there?  (Read 3382 times)

Offline AndrewC

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: MBL users out there?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2019, 08:25 »
Yes, quite fascinating.  Seems like a thorough approach to design...

Jürgen is one of the (probably) less than handful of Manufacturers who can articulate his design principles without any marketing BS. ;)
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline atx2

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2019, 11:04 »
Are you using a full mbl system?

There are a number of mbl owners in Singapore, including the watermelons. Not many participate in the forums though. Probably too immersed in the music ...

No⋯⋯just the preamp
Analog all the way...

Offline atx2

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 11:06 »
Nice!!! One of those totally understated brands in Singapore... Probably a reflection of the old-style dealership (does Coherence even have a website?  ;D).

Website... not sure about it
Analog all the way...

Offline francishuang

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2019, 12:01 »
There are many many many mbl users in Singapore. Many do not participate in forum
Shindo is Music

Offline nfnc

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2019, 14:18 »
Nice!!! One of those totally understated brands in Singapore... Probably a reflection of the old-style dealership (does Coherence even have a website?  ;D).

No website and they don’t advertise (at least not now). Don’t think their client base expects or requires an online presence

At least they have proper demo systems and rooms and, from my experience, quite friendly and attentive.

Compared to other high end dealers, their pricing is competitive vis-a-vis the German RRP.

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2019, 06:52 »
There are many many many mbl users in Singapore. Many do not participate in forum

The only significant one I can recall participating in Forums was John Lim (aka Powerman?) on Echoloft… IIRC, he had a full MBL Reference line.

At least they have proper demo systems and rooms and, from my experience, quite friendly and attentive.

The one and only time I've walked in was I think about a decade ago to listen to the 101s... they were nice enough  :)

Offline pcking

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm just an audio/video enthusiast!
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2019, 11:38 »
MBL is a understated brand in SG ? If there wasn’t many or at least enough customers buying from the local dealer, don’t think they would be able to sustain for such a long time in Adelphi having so many units of showroom overheads.

Even though I agree that having a website is the most convenient and effective way of promoting and advertising, it is not a must. So long as the manufacturer maintain  a decent website with the necessary info and international dealership contacts is sufficient.

I rather have a dealer without website giving good service and reasonable prices than the other way round.

"The worse of the two is he who, when abused, retaliates. One who does not retaliate wins a battle hard to win."

Offline nfnc

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2019, 12:10 »
The mbl.de website is not easy to navigate ...

Offline pcking

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm just an audio/video enthusiast!
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2019, 12:21 »
It’s not the best designed website but I don’t find it difficult to navigate.
What’s your difficulties ?

The mbl.de website is not easy to navigate ...
"The worse of the two is he who, when abused, retaliates. One who does not retaliate wins a battle hard to win."

Offline nfnc

MBL users out there?
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2019, 12:46 »
Hard to place a finger on it but it doesn’t    quite encourage one to explore, to discover more about their products.

If you don’t find it difficult to navigate, then good for you.

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2019, 17:43 »
MBL is a understated brand in SG ?

Guess people don’t really know the meaning of the word “understated”... Here, let me help you with the Oxford Dictionary definition :)

understated
/ˌʌndəˈstəɪtɪd/

adjective
   1   presented or expressed in a subtle and effective way.

BadEnglish

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2019, 19:15 »
Guess people don’t really know the meaning of the word “understated”... Here, let me help you with the Oxford Dictionary definition :)

understated
/ˌʌndəˈstəɪtɪd/

adjective
   1   presented or expressed in a subtle and effective way.

American English is a bit different from British English.
I believe the dictionary you refereed is The New Oxford American English.

According to OED 2.0

understated, ppl. a.

(stress variable)

[under-1 10 a. Cf. understate v.]

a.a Stated below what is adequate or sufficient; that understates the truth.
b.b Of clothes, appearance, etc.: unemphasized, modest; designed not to attract undue attention. Cf. quiet a. 2 b.

Addendum

I have checked on Oxford Living Dictionary and it's the same as The New Oxford American English Dictionary. So I guess , the definition of the word is shifting nonetheless it is not in OED ( Oxford English Dictionary ).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 19:25 by BadEnglish »

BadEnglish

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2019, 19:56 »
Only in Singapore,  lift at public housing doesn't stop at ground floor but 1st floor ;D

Offline atx2

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2019, 10:05 »
The only significant one I can recall participating in Forums was John Lim (aka Powerman?) on Echoloft… IIRC, he had a full MBL Reference line.

Wah... good memory... apart from that, Coherence really have very very good service!!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 10:07 by atx2 »
Analog all the way...

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2019, 12:52 »
Addendum

I have checked on Oxford Living Dictionary and it's the same as The New Oxford American English Dictionary. So I guess , the definition of the word is shifting nonetheless it is not in OED ( Oxford English Dictionary ).

Hahaha… living up to your name eh…

Wah... good memory... apart from that, Coherence really have very very good service!!!

;)... no doubt.