Author Topic: Best HT amp / Processor available now  (Read 32556 times)

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Best HT amp / Processor available now
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2018, 16:18 »
Which model are we talking about here?
https://www.stormaudio.com/en/products/av-immersive-sound-processors/7807-isp-3d16-elite.html

I'm running full XLR Marantz 8805. It may be easier for me to just swap the set with all the XLR interconnects ready.
Yes , can be done even more easy .

Am also the dealer under Ovation United for major brands like Denon, Marantz, Definitive Technology, Polk Audio, and Distributor for AC Infinity products.
Nice to know.

it will be interesting to discuss. Maybe a PM perhaps? Thank you :)
PM liao.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 16:28 by econav »
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
All used items will not come with cable.
For viewing of used items. text@96387418
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968

Offline ralfale

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #181 on: November 08, 2018, 11:58 »
A recent Chinese magazine shoot out ! This will be interesting as many of us will not have access to so many various brands n models (especially high end ones) to understand the differences and if they are worth the $$$

*Pic removed by request.*

Sent from my S8 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 13:11 by ralfale »

Offline econav

« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2018, 12:55 »
We have supported this event last week in Shenzhen , will have one in SG soon.
For Anyone keen , can start fall in here liao. ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 13:15 by econav »
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #183 on: November 08, 2018, 16:51 »
Count me in.

Offline econav

« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2018, 00:29 »
Count me in.
I told you that day , when I return your sub . when ready will update you.
all post

Offline sypderman88

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2018, 09:39 »
Hi,

From audio room correction tech is concerned RMC1 is the most advanced but keep delayed.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2018, 09:56 »
Emo must be having lotsa teething issues, hence the delays, it’s been over a year and this is their first processor. So it’s really hard, I wouldn’t say they are the most advanced. But I do have the emo in mind, especially the rmc-2 , slated for release in 1Q”19, the rmc-2 is $3.8k usd, a good price with Dirac built in and all good components built and designed in the USA . Assuming all function well,

I’d first look for processors with Dirac Room EQ.

Next I’d look at the dac and sound signature that I like.

I’d look out for processors that offer controls Pre-Equalisation , controls for delay, gain, PEQ/Biquad.

Any salesman selling Dirac based avr who tells u that this processor is special and offers 4 subwoofer outputs or 3 subwoofer outputs, probably don’t understand the product well

Offline sypderman88

« Reply #187 on: November 09, 2018, 13:47 »
Hi,

What sets Emo apart is individual Dirac control for each sub. This is something really new and how it will turn out in the practical world left to be seen.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #188 on: November 09, 2018, 14:35 »
Hi,

What sets Emo apart is individual Dirac control for each sub. This is something really new and how it will turn out in the practical world left to be seen.

What type of individual control for sub? U mean individual EQ and delay settings for subs ? Before calibration for subs as 1? Care to elaborate ?

As far as I know, Dirac calibrates the subs as one

Online YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2018, 12:05 »

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2018, 22:37 »
Here is one from Bryston! similar to STorm

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/receiver-processor/bryston-sp4-16-channel-surround-processor-review/

Key Highlights

Quote:
The SP4’s bass management is the best I have seen. Bass management is a stubbornly persistent shortcoming in AVRs and processors across brands and price points. SECRETS exposed this problem and offered commonsense solutions 11 years ago! More recently, SECRETS’ Technical Editor, Dr. David Rich, discussed issues with common bass management approaches in a technical article. Bryston nails it. Each channel gets adjustable highpass and lowpass cutoffs and slopes, level, delay, and 10-band parametric EQ. Bass from each channel can be routed to that speaker, subwoofers, or both.

Unexpectedly, full-range Dirac equalization sounded much better on the SP4 than room correction (EQ only below the statistical region) alone.

Here, limiting Dirac to room correction dimmed sonic vividness dimmed and shrank soundstage depth. As I wrote in this SECRETS discussion, I don’t like changing a speaker’s voicing based on listening-area measurements. That still holds in stereo, including with Dirac Live, but no longer for immersive sound. Perhaps timbre mismatches that might be perceptually irrelevant in side or rear speakers matter with added front speakers. Alternately, Dirac Live may improve LCR matching.
Unquote:

same observation with this reviewer, Full Range EQ the way to go with Dirac and HT ;)

That bass management, Looks really impressive like Storm!

Offline econav

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 13:48 by econav »
all post

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2018, 15:34 »

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2018, 23:52 »
Emo must be having lotsa teething issues, hence the delays, it’s been over a year and this is their first processor. So it’s really hard, I wouldn’t say they are the most advanced. But I do have the emo in mind, especially the rmc-2 , slated for release in 1Q”19, the rmc-2 is $3.8k usd, a good price with Dirac built in and all good components built and designed in the USA . Assuming all function well,

I’d first look for processors with Dirac Room EQ.

Next I’d look at the dac and sound signature that I like.

I’d look out for processors that offer controls Pre-Equalisation , controls for delay, gain, PEQ/Biquad.

Any salesman selling Dirac based avr who tells u that this processor is special and offers 4 subwoofer outputs or 3 subwoofer outputs, probably don’t understand the product well

Exactly why emotiva being emotiva, why they kept delaying the launch... not really difficult to predict. looks like they are having a hard time getting Dirac to run smoothly on the rmc-1

Seems like many who have pre-ordered will be disappointed, having forked out USD5k

Imagine getting a Denon $5k, then u learn it doesn’t have room correction, or anthem and there is no ARC....

Here it says, coming in 1Q”19, coming soon.... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline econav

« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2018, 02:53 »
The question is can they last thru this winter.......... :-X
all post