Author Topic: Best HT amp / Processor available now  (Read 40412 times)

Online Wilber

• Trade Count: (+7)
Re: Best HT amp / Processor available now
« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2019, 22:23 »
it'd be interesting to see the next successor of their flagship processor 75.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 22:25 by Wilber »
HT Setup
Marantz AV8802A, JBL Professional Speakers Powered by Harman Crown DCI amps. Zidoo X9S. Clef Cleansource Power Regenerator, Optoma UHD65, Panamorph Lens, Prismasonic Curve Frame with UF Fabric, Fibaro Home Automation.
Computer Setup
KEF Ref 1 Powered by Harman Crown DCI amp

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2019, 22:27 »
There could be a whole debate on this but do we need so many..
Even in a larger home, most of the info is contained in 7.1.2 or 7.1.4, which is what many in AVS forum have discovered... so adding more Atmos speakers might not give more info. And our homes aren't that large...
Food for thought..

I went from 7.1.2 to 7.1.4 to 7.1.8, and I liked how 8 filled the gaps above. 4 is nice start for Atmos, but I find it nicer with 8 . It also adds more problems acoustically but once u can control the reflections, 8 is the way to go....

Agree it doesn’t provide any additional info, it’s more to do with post processing object placement overhead

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2019, 22:28 »
A lot of new players in the scene, but ultimately the potential number of sales isn't as much as the integrate AVRs... so it will be interesting to see what AVRs they offer.
Loved my old HK AVRs..solid power..

Are they all from the same company ? Jbl, arcam, audio control? Looks all the same !! Lol

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2019, 07:58 »
Next up, audio control x9 & x7

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/z3xL5G8fGZ8&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/z3xL5G8fGZ8&fs=1</a>

I think it’s using Sabre dac 9038, but seems like the guy mentioned 3098 in the video, a search shows no such Sabre dac available , so I believe it’s the 9038

If indeed it is with 9038 pro, for 16 channels and it does come with Dirac live bass management new module, then this is a contender as well, right up there neck to neck with the JBL

The JbL though, uses 9028 PRO SABRE DACs

Online petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
« Reply #214 on: September 19, 2019, 08:04 »

I went from 7.1.2 to 7.1.4 to 7.1.8, and I liked how 8 filled the gaps above. 4 is nice start for Atmos, but I find it nicer with 8 . It also adds more problems acoustically but once u can control the reflections, 8 is the way to go....

Agree it doesn’t provide any additional info, it’s more to do with post processing object placement overhead
Your hall setup does allow you to accommodate more than 4 speakers...
First it’s unusual to have such a large hall, most other homes I’ve been to with such a generous space are landed and they have a couple of rows of seats..
A fantastic home man 👍
My own den measures less than 4m in width and length.. :(
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
http://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019/04/my-setup-42019.html

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2019, 09:16 »
Yea, that’s why I’m staying put. I didn’t want to upgrade to condo. I think that’s a nice space. The newer homes available now are very very small, the kitchen is like so small, I’m wondering how they do the cooking. Sad but that is how it is for us in Singapore

Nonetheless, yes I think space plays a part. But it’s nice to see all the avr and system having this 9.1.6 options

I think a very good well set up 5.1.2 system will sound much better than a non optimised 9.1.6 system

And the more speakers there is in the room, the more the headache , not to mention subwoofers, that would be nightmare. The Dirac live bass management new version now comes with multiple subs tuning capabilities . So one can use the other channels for subwoofers instead of the width or height channels. It’s more for an integrator or installer’s paradise who can decide what option works best for that room. No necessarily need to use all 6 channels for Atmos as well.  Apparently from what I’m reading, the new bass management is very promising and saves tons of time for integrators

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Best HT amp / Processor available now
« Reply #216 on: September 19, 2019, 14:21 »
Your hall setup does allow you to accommodate more than 4 speakers...
First it’s unusual to have such a large hall, most other homes I’ve been to with such a generous space are landed and they have a couple of rows of seats..
A fantastic home man
My own den measures less than 4m in width and length.. :(

Yep. That’s Roni’s “asset”. The moment he sold off his apartment, It will be harder to control the sound especially the LFE. Even with all sorts of gadgets throw in, results may not be ideal. So Roni is definitely being blessed with a great space. At least 70% of the battle already won if u have a big space. Moving stuff around is also much easier (always the hardest part for many members here, especially those living in condos).

Enjoy while it last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2019, 14:32 »
Older style HDB blocks also built much better (noise isolation wise) than these newer prefab types that have paper thin walls and floors but older construction standards.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Online petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2019, 17:26 »
Older style HDB blocks also built much better (noise isolation wise) than these newer prefab types that have paper thin walls and floors but older construction standards.
+1
This is something that will be an issue with all those prefab and 3D printing.. even some new condos have thin walls.. I was lucky to have a corner unit and there's a bomb shelter between my HT system and the next door..
If you live in a terrace house, you also have two neighbours.. I reckon my dad's old semi-D was a great place, but that room was small...
There are a few bros with large spaces, Tsammysc is one of them and there is another with a basement den... amazing room..
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
http://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019/04/my-setup-42019.html

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2019, 23:02 »
Very impressive indeed from JBl

Allowing for Dante networking

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6YCQrhGFZYQ&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6YCQrhGFZYQ&fs=1</a>

This is one to look out for , JBL Synthesis....

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2019, 13:24 »

Here is a video from CNA

https://www.facebook.com/93889432933/posts/10156711542807934?sfns=mo

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2019, 07:53 »
Next up we now have the Mcintosh processor

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/mcintosh-unveils-home-theater-processors-amp

Not cheap ! Improved processing power

Offline Doggie Howser

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #222 on: October 17, 2019, 12:05 »
Is this the first HDMI 2.1 AV processor?

https://lyngdorf.com/mp-60/

Lyngdorf MP60

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #223 on: October 18, 2019, 08:14 »
Don’t think it’s the full version hdmi 2.1 on this MP60, skipping the upgrade

But I think Denon was first with hdmi 2.1 , if I recall correctly... also not sure if it’s the full hdmi 2.1 that supports 8k 60fps and 4k 120fps