Author Topic: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules  (Read 165879 times)

Offline VUE

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #390 on: January 21, 2013, 23:31 »
Hi all.

I was told that the DeLonghi Lattisima EN660 and 670 have some problems so thinking of replacing with the Lattissima Plus EN520S. Any one uses this model and how was it? Any problems or things that you face when operating it. Just want to get some reviews. Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2013, 23:42 »
I have the Lattissima Plus. Works quite well but with one caveat. Unit started leaking shortly after my wife and I tried using the Woolworth's branded Nespresso compatible capsules. It was still under warranty so we got it repaired but we've stopped using third party capsules.

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline VUE

« Reply #392 on: January 22, 2013, 23:14 »
I have the Lattissima Plus. Works quite well but with one caveat. Unit started leaking shortly after my wife and I tried using the Woolworth's branded Nespresso compatible capsules. It was still under warranty so we got it repaired but we've stopped using third party capsules.

Thanks DH, for the info and will take note on using the third party capsule.

Offline danlim

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #393 on: January 24, 2013, 09:27 »
In Robinson centerpoint, Nespresso U at $288 free Frother($199), with std 16 caps, not sure have the $100 voucher for capsules, if there is damn worth it. I didnt asked about the voucher. Anyone can enlighten?

Offline danlim

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #394 on: January 24, 2013, 09:36 »
Just bought the new U model at $288. Comes with a $100 capsule voucher!

I love the magnetic front and sides, the auto clearing mechanism for capsules, the anti-drip feature, and most of all, the larger volume of coffee it dispenses.  :D

where can we buy the U with free voucher?

Offline chewed

« Reply #395 on: January 24, 2013, 10:50 »
Thanks DH, for the info and will take note on using the third party capsule.

I've been using 3rd party capsules for 6 months now, so far no issues.

Offline annapurna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #396 on: January 24, 2013, 11:45 »
In Robinson centerpoint, Nespresso U at $288 free Frother($199), with std 16 caps, not sure have the $100 voucher for capsules, if there is damn worth it. I didnt asked about the voucher. Anyone can enlighten?

I got my Nespresso U from Best Denki Tampines Mall.  It comes with $100 voucher but no free Frother.  Free Frother will be more worth it as it cost $199.  I was told at Nespresso Ion Orchard that I can still buy the Frother at a discount price of $150 but I did not buy it.
SME20/12 V12 arm, Clearaudio Titanium V2, Pass XP27 Phono, Marantz SA10, CD7, NA11S1, Pass XP22 Pre, XA100.8 Monos, Sonus Faber Lilium, Kimber PK10 Palladian, Shunyata Alpha Zitron & Yter PC, Yter XLR, bi-wire spkr cables, Nordost Tyr phono cables, PurePower PP+ 3000  Regenerator, TAOC ASR2, Furutech GTX-D NCF(R)

Offline VUE

« Reply #397 on: January 30, 2013, 18:36 »
Hi all,

I have a lobang of getting the machines and capsules at good-very good price, i bought it and my brother as well.
Save quite a sum. : ) If whoever is interested, can just PM me for contact.
Im not link to him or taking any commission, i just want to share what i found.

Regards,
Ben

Offline VUE

« Reply #398 on: February 04, 2013, 11:09 »

To those who PM me for contacts, dont mind clear your inbox so i can reply you.

Regards.

Offline Cnng121

• Snr Member
« Reply #399 on: February 04, 2013, 11:44 »
Does anybody agree with this logic?

I went to get a replacement milk foamer for my nespresso. My old one kaput after 3 years of use. I was asked if I used UHT milk on my machine. I asked him what would be impact the useability of the machine?

He said that UHT milk can damage the foaming machine. I find this not logical. Firstly, all milk is liquid and secondly, the milk does not come into contact with the spinning magnetic mechanism. How on earth would this damage the foamer?

Anybody agree with him?

This is something you cannot verify, i did complain about the temp of my latte too hot which they told me that using UHT milk would result in this, that i shud use full cream. If not the frother would run hotter and maybe thats the reason why it failed inyour case. I did but i dont think the temp is any much lower, and there's nothing much i could do since the technician tested my brewer and said nothing wrong. Btw, like to check with those who love coffee but couldn't drink it after certain hours because it would keep them awake, those who drink the Intenso grade of decaff. Do you felel that the new decaf is so much lighter? I am an ardent fan of this Intenso decaf but i dislike its current taste, cos it doesnt have the aroma and taste of real coffee, far from the original taste i used to drink. Or have i grown to the taste of the strong ones that it negates this?

Offline naimster

• My system
Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #400 on: February 07, 2013, 22:13 »
I recently got a Pixie for $199 and was able to get a frother FOC with $50 worth of capsules. Offer was during recent Metro sales.
There’s no point in having great presentation unless you have the content. I’d far rather talk to Einstein on the telephone than talk face to face to a doorman in a hotel. - Julian Vereker, Founder of Naim

Offline dbchoong

• ... ... ...
  • Global Moderator
  • .. Droid Rulez ..
« Reply #401 on: February 07, 2013, 23:13 »
I recently got a Pixie for $199 and was able to get a frother FOC with $50 worth of capsules. Offer was during recent Metro sales.

Metro sales still on?

Offline naimster

• My system
Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #402 on: February 09, 2013, 14:08 »
Metro sales still on?
No more. It was a purchase with purchase offer. I bought $250 worth of Metro stuff and was entitled to the Nespresso deal.
There’s no point in having great presentation unless you have the content. I’d far rather talk to Einstein on the telephone than talk face to face to a doorman in a hotel. - Julian Vereker, Founder of Naim

Offline jimi

« Reply #403 on: February 27, 2013, 00:12 »
Literally just got this, will play around with it this week. Just fancied a change.

No longer "up to 19bar", new boiler makes coffee at a constant 19 bar (apparently).

Separate boilers for coffee and steaming milk.

Bigger water reservoir and bigger cups can be used.

Narrower but deeper footprint than my previous Citiz with aerrocino.

Comes as smoking red as below or retro cream/ american.

(actually, I preferred the cream but the lousy quality of it means that the lettering is easily scratched off so went for the Krups red one instead- still looks pretty cool).

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 01:30 by jimi »

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
« Reply #404 on: February 27, 2013, 00:22 »
Nice! The Masetria. I was aiming for that but felt that it was too expensive.
I ended up ordering the Citiz, mine is coming tomorrow.  ;D

At last, after so long I'm joining the Nespresso Club.