Author Topic: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules  (Read 165535 times)

Offline transmitter

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #375 on: October 15, 2012, 13:45 »

The Lattissima is not recommended by them due to unreliability. The Delonghi machine is covered by local warranty when I bought.

think that is for Lattissima (older)? they are marketing the Lattissima Plus now.

Offline dankoo

« Reply #376 on: October 15, 2012, 14:02 »
My Aerrocina just died...good thing its 1 mth before warranty expire! Called them and they will bring down one replacement this week...

Seems Aerrocina indeed has some issues...my friend changed it twice within warranty...

I am also still trying to figure how to create the same nice Cuppercino like in Starbucks...but somehow, not possible
Samsung UA55D6400 * Deftech ProCinema 800, PB12-NSD * Denon AVR 2309 * Sony PS3 * Panasonic BDT-310

Offline vajrasattvasg

« Reply #377 on: October 17, 2012, 15:43 »
My Aerrocina just died...good thing its 1 mth before warranty expire! Called them and they will bring down one replacement this week...

Seems Aerrocina indeed has some issues...my friend changed it twice within warranty...

I am also still trying to figure how to create the same nice Cuppercino like in Starbucks...but somehow, not possible

yours is aerocinno 1, 2 or 3? only 2 and above is ok.. 1 is horrible
maybe the human ear isn't good enough. we need measurements, figures, numbers, calculations to tell and convince us what good sound is. or do we have to satisfy an unspoken insecurity??

Online francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #378 on: October 18, 2012, 12:51 »
Not cheap for these new U machines in the shop at LA - Manhattan Beach shopping complex.....$268 :P

New Starbuck's introduction at $299...

Offline westendboy

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #379 on: November 22, 2012, 20:38 »
Some new variations - Macadamia Nut, Hazelnut and Coconut.

Have you come here to play Jesus to the lepers in your head?

My movie and music blog:
http://reelthoughtsfromageek.wordpress.com

All things books:
http://fictionmattersfromageek.wordpress.com

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #380 on: November 22, 2012, 20:43 »
Ordered the new flavors liao. Waiting to test them. If good will order more. I just ran out of last year's flavors :D
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #381 on: November 23, 2012, 17:51 »
Ordered the new flavors liao. Waiting to test them. If good will order more. I just ran out of last year's flavors :D

I overstocked on last year's variations as well as the limited editions... but that's not going to stop me from getting the new ones! ;D
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline Doggie Howser

Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #382 on: November 23, 2012, 19:03 »
Just opened the coconut. Smells good but as an espresso doesn't taste of coconut. As a latte. Beautiful. I think it might benefit adding some liqueur :)
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline flatsix

« Reply #383 on: November 23, 2012, 23:11 »
Just bought the new U model at $288. Comes with a $100 capsule voucher!

I love the magnetic front and sides, the auto clearing mechanism for capsules, the anti-drip feature, and most of all, the larger volume of coffee it dispenses.  :D

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #384 on: November 24, 2012, 12:18 »
Hazelnut is a bit like last years' Dark Chocolate. A bit chemical tasting but OK with milk. I found a recipe that said to add a bit of chocolate at the bottom and it does help a lot.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline visualrock

« Reply #385 on: December 14, 2012, 19:49 »
hi everyone i got lo-bang/deal for nespresso capsules, interested can pm me. cheers! :D

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #386 on: December 14, 2012, 19:55 »
Got coconut?
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline visualrock

« Reply #387 on: December 14, 2012, 19:59 »
coconut dun have , limited edition got HAWAII KONA 2012 Special Reserve

Offline mikeang88

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #388 on: December 14, 2012, 21:21 »
Does anybody agree with this logic?

I went to get a replacement milk foamer for my nespresso. My old one kaput after 3 years of use. I was asked if I used UHT milk on my machine. I asked him what would be impact the useability of the machine?

He said that UHT milk can damage the foaming machine. I find this not logical. Firstly, all milk is liquid and secondly, the milk does not come into contact with the spinning magnetic mechanism. How on earth would this damage the foamer?

Anybody agree with him?

Offline annapurna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #389 on: December 26, 2012, 11:17 »
Thanks to DL's tip, I went down to BD Tampines Mall to redeem a free Nespresso U machine yesterday evening.  It comes with a free $100 capsule voucher redeemable from Nespresso Ion Orchard. This is the 1st time using coffee machine - normally drink 3 in 1 coffee and kopi shop coffee:)  Will need to learn alot from all of you from this thread.
SME20/12 V12 arm, Clearaudio Titanium V2, Pass XP27 Phono, Marantz SA10, CD7, NA11S1, Pass XP22 Pre, XA100.8 Monos, Sonus Faber Lilium, Kimber PK10 Palladian, Shunyata Alpha Zitron & Yter PC, Yter XLR, bi-wire spkr cables, Nordost Tyr phono cables, PurePower PP+ 3000  Regenerator, TAOC ASR2, Furutech GTX-D NCF(R)