Author Topic: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules  (Read 165702 times)

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
Re: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #360 on: October 07, 2012, 21:45 »
2 years warranty is going to help! :)

Offline Doggie Howser

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #361 on: October 07, 2012, 23:31 »
I think Nespresso patent has run out.

A few places here have started selling Nespresso replacement capsules.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #362 on: October 07, 2012, 23:41 »
Cheaper?

Just got 20 sleeves Realto :)

Offline Doggie Howser

Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #363 on: October 08, 2012, 10:30 »
Yeah local supermarket chain here started selling Nespresso compatible capsules for a fair bit cheaper
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline jimi

« Reply #364 on: October 09, 2012, 01:00 »
Cheaper?

Just got 20 sleeves Realto :)

Thought u said nothing special?! :)

I like it better than Roma- more rounded and flavorful. A bit acidic tok which is why it goes better with a little milk.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #365 on: October 09, 2012, 01:20 »

Must be cheapest nespresso compatible machine now.

The refills are also a bit cheaper.

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline kuryakin

« Reply #366 on: October 11, 2012, 17:48 »
I saw in the papers there is an intro of a new [basic?] machine going for S$288. No name for the model, just a "U" logo with dots ???

Offline chewed

« Reply #367 on: October 12, 2012, 04:32 »

Must be cheapest nespresso compatible machine now.

The refills are also a bit cheaper.

I tried the Piazza D'oro capsules, not too bad!

Offline GAGA@echoloft

« Reply #368 on: October 14, 2012, 11:43 »
Anyone bought from here?
http://www.19barcoffee.com/Nespresso_Lattissima_in_Ice_Silver_EN_520_p/en%20520s.htm

prices seem cheaper ; they are parallel importer. warranty covered by them. claims that servicing will be by Delonghi in case of failures.
just not too sure if they are reliable.
The Way Is Not In The Sky
The Way Is In The Heart

To attain Knowledge, add things everyday
To attain Wisdom, remove things everyday

Offline vajrasattvasg

« Reply #369 on: October 14, 2012, 11:48 »
Anyone bought from here?
http://www.19barcoffee.com/Nespresso_Lattissima_in_Ice_Silver_EN_520_p/en%20520s.htm

prices seem cheaper ; they are parallel importer. warranty covered by them. claims that servicing will be by Delonghi in case of failures.

buy through hardwarezone better.. the guy doing the MO there has impressive reliable track records.. he is now into importing herman miller chairs too..

btw.. the lattissima you like? complicated to wash/maintain if drinking 1-2 cups of latte.. i prefer split units.. the aerrocino easy wash and maintain..
maybe the human ear isn't good enough. we need measurements, figures, numbers, calculations to tell and convince us what good sound is. or do we have to satisfy an unspoken insecurity??

Offline watchdog

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #370 on: October 14, 2012, 11:49 »
I ordered from this guy in Hardwarezone,

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/mass-order-corner-251/mo-premium-espresso-coffee-machines-nespresso-part-3-a-2625754.html

No fuss, and delivery within a day or two. The Lattissima is not recommended by them due to unreliability. The Delonghi machine is covered by local warranty when I bought.

Anyone bought from here?

Less is more !

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #371 on: October 14, 2012, 14:05 »
My latissima plus has been working fine for over a year. I just keep the milk in the fridge after each use.

I've found the aerocino seems to burn the milk at times and seems quite problematic after a while.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline domho8

« Reply #372 on: October 14, 2012, 14:27 »
I think Nespresso patent has run out.

A few places here have started selling Nespresso replacement capsules.

Bro where are those places, tks dah. :)

Offline vajrasattvasg

« Reply #373 on: October 14, 2012, 14:30 »
My latissima plus has been working fine for over a year. I just keep the milk in the fridge after each use.

I've found the aerocino seems to burn the milk at times and seems quite problematic after a while.

strange, i've been using my aerocinno 2 for past couple of years i never burnt my milk unless i do not wash between use.

one of my relatives has a lattesima, in hot and humid singapore, it was challenging to keep the lattesima clean, the milk port, the need to flush it etc, have to perform clean function after coffee is made . water tank is flat and not easy to access, have to remove the milk tank etc. its worth while if people drink several cups of milk based coffee drinks, but if for single use.. not sure if its worth the trouble.
maybe the human ear isn't good enough. we need measurements, figures, numbers, calculations to tell and convince us what good sound is. or do we have to satisfy an unspoken insecurity??

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #374 on: October 14, 2012, 15:10 »
Not sure about the other models, but on my Lattissima Plus, the milk container is detachable from the main unit. There's a clean button that I just depress after use for about 5-10 secs while it flushes out the milk. Then I put it back in the fridge. I can make up to 5 cups at one go without needing to clean out the unit each time unlike the Aerocino.

About every 3-4 days or when the milk runs out, I just rinse the milk container through. It's less problematic than with the Aeroccino which has to be washed after each use (and more than once if you serve a few people at one go).

Maybe it's a newer model than the one your relatives had.

FWIW I've found burnt milk at the bottom of my not just my Aerocinno but also on the ones at friends places and at work. And this is with a clean unit to start with. I've also had PMs from people asking for the Aldi equivalent cos the Aerocino has died outside of the warranty period.

The only downsides to the Lattisima is that the froth/head goes out to the cup, whether you want to or not and it's not as easy to control. With the Aerocino, you can choose to use more steamed milk and less froth.

End of Line - Derezzed