Author Topic: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules  (Read 165878 times)

Offline Doggie Howser

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2011, 11:31 »
Just ordered the Delonghi Lattissima Plus. It's a Nespresso which can dispense cappuccinos automatically, i.e. no need to mix your own. Looked interesting and they are having a cash back promo at the moment.

BTW, there's a new Nescafe based coffee machine, called Dolce something. Supposed to be able to make macchiato and cappuccino in one cup too. Very cheap in HK. Less than 200 bucks Sing converted.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:34 by Doggie Howser »
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline kelso

« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2011, 11:52 »
Ooh doggie I heard there was a new lattissima, how much and where did you get it?
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline mikeang88

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2011, 11:57 »
The lattissima machine looks good. Because it is using steam to warm the milk, the froth would be just a bit diluted.

I own one of the earliest one when it was launched in singapore. AM still using it. Addictive!

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2011, 13:16 »
Isn't this the same way as coffee shop machines i.e. use steam to create froth?

kelso, got mine from binglee.com.au

It only ships in Australia though but I expect it should be a regular release worldwide.

Here it lists for A$599 but Bing Lee has it for $520 with delivery when you negotiate online. There's also a cash back of A$75 for the Lattissima Plus. The older Lattissima is much more expensive. About 300 bucks more I think for the Premium.

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline kelso

« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2011, 15:36 »
Yes, have the older latissima .. only problem I had with it is that putting my double walled glass under the spout is a squeeze both laterally and vertically. The plus seems to be a compact version ... anyways you need to clean that nozzle where the milk comes out or it'll turn into cheese and gunk up the gasket

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2011, 21:58 »
At least wife gave the OK to buy this now. Been meaning to get one for ages but it's only now the wife is satisfied there's enough space in the new kitchen :D
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline chewed

« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2011, 11:39 »
DH,

i only saw the Lattissima for $824 leh. That should be the older model?

Offline kelso

« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2011, 16:44 »
Yes that is the 'older' model. The water reservoir is below the machine whereas the plus version has it behind. Got it for $6XX (can't remember exact) after using a $100 discount coupon plus taka vouchers  :P

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2011, 21:00 »
There's a few models.

Lattissima Plus is the new model, I think. It sells for $599 list. When I registered at Nespresso club, they don't even have that model yet.

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline kelso

« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2011, 22:14 »
From what I remembered, there are three models.
The white is cheapest, then comes the black which I think costs about a hundred more but only difference is the color.
The most expensive is the aluminum premium model which has two extra features - an auto programmable power off and a cup heater.
It was an easy choice to make for me after weeding out the info.

Offline mikeang88

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2011, 09:49 »
over the weekend, i bought the nescafe dolce gusto piccolo on sales at NTUC for SGD199 that comes with machine + 4 boxes of free capsule.

I had a chance to sample mocca + cuppacino + esspresso. Here's my verdict : the gusto capsules comes with milk and if you did milk coffee, you use 2 (one for coffee and one for milk). The milk is typical slight sour aftertaste and taste more like powdered milk than fresh milk.

Mocca and espresso is not bad but cuppacino can forget it as the foam really is too weak and disperse within 2 minutes.

The big advantage is convenient and speed. It takes only 30secs to heat up and cleans much easier. You do not need a separate foaming device for the milk. ANd the size of the drink is slightly more.

http://www.dolce-gusto.us/Products/Machines/Nescafe-Dolce-Gusto-Piccolo.aspx

Taste wise, i will still use my nespresso but for a quick breakfast fix, i think the piccolo is a good alternative.

I also got a Jura F50 which i seldom use now. It is much better than the nespresso in terms of aroma and body. But it is quite inconvenient to waste after that. And you need to consume all the coffee powder or bean rather quickly as they are not individually capsuled.

I have all 3 and intend to keep all 3. Each one use for one purpose.

Have a good cuppa!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:51 by mikeang88 »

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2011, 11:42 »
Mikeang

Is the milk "creamer" based or is it based on long life milk?

While I'd prefer fresh milk, I can still live with long life milk for the convenience.

But "dairy creamers"? Dairy my a$$. It's just some chemical concoction high in cholesterol.

How much are the refills? :)
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline kuryakin

« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2011, 12:42 »
S$10.90 a box
for
16 espresso fills (S$0.68 per cup)
or 8 coffee fills + 8 milk fills (S$1.36 per cup)

Offline SC

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2011, 12:58 »
Where did you get the capsules at that price? Sounds cheap.
Pioneer PDP507XG, Hsu Research VTF3R, PS3, Oppo BDP93, Onkyo 809, Epson TW6700, Cyrus Screen, Sony BDP 370, Waterfall Elora, Earthquake In-ceiling surrounds

Offline mikeang88

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2011, 14:23 »
According to the promoter and the website under FAQ, the milk is actually whole milk and not creamer.... actually i hate creamer especially those coffeemate stuffs... It gives me gastric after that.

That being said, the cuppacino foam does taste a bit too diluted and not anything near to fresh milk made using my other 2 machines.

Mikeang

Is the milk "creamer" based or is it based on long life milk?

While I'd prefer fresh milk, I can still live with long life milk for the convenience.

But "dairy creamers"? Dairy my a$$. It's just some chemical concoction high in cholesterol.

How much are the refills? :)