Author Topic: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules  (Read 165448 times)

Offline westendboy

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2011, 22:18 »
Btw, mine's not the blue model (pixie) in the picture.  Its the larger, more expensive one - called Citiz I think.

Sorry, my bad :)

No worries bro. My Krups just went up to coffee heaven and I need my coffee Haha
Have you come here to play Jesus to the lepers in your head?

My movie and music blog:
http://reelthoughtsfromageek.wordpress.com

All things books:
http://fictionmattersfromageek.wordpress.com

Offline westendboy

« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2011, 09:48 »

Woke up with a Indriya... Awesome aftertaste, together with home-made scones and e music of Jason Mraz, ahhhh heaven  ;D

Funny thing is my Krups came back to life!!! Must be becoz of e lady in RED standing next to him. Now I have options yeh
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:51 by westendboy »

My movie and music blog:

All things books:

Offline chancm

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2011, 10:53 »
i used to own that Krups machine.  it makes good shots, but mine frother wand keeps popping out.

Offline oneneo

• Juz listen...wow!
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2011, 10:56 »
Can someone please post the capsule prices in Singapore?  Not sure if its worthwhile bringing capsules into Aus due to the higher AUD.  Thanks.
I can't afford the best equipment.  I can afford above average equipment that sound like they are the best. :P

Offline vajrasattvasg

« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2011, 14:54 »
Can someone please post the capsule prices in Singapore?  Not sure if its worthwhile bringing capsules into Aus due to the higher AUD.  Thanks.

regular blend 91 cents..
pure blends 1.07 each SGD
that is the price off the boutique, not any grapevine methods
maybe the human ear isn't good enough. we need measurements, figures, numbers, calculations to tell and convince us what good sound is. or do we have to satisfy an unspoken insecurity??

Offline jonlee

« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2011, 14:55 »

$1.07 per capsule for indriya, rosabaya, dulsao.  $0.99 for the lungo.  $0.91 for the rest.

Offline Austrich

Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2011, 17:19 »

I thought SIA will give you door to door service ?  Already a lot of saving ...  ;D

Offline kuryakin

« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2011, 14:43 »
I got credit card points to redeem Nespresso Essenza. I have experienced the new Pixie before. I read that Essenza is basically the same except it has a bigger footprint. So is Essenza a good model (a retail price difference of S$80 between Essenza & Pixie, I believe).

Offline vajrasattvasg

« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2011, 18:07 »
I got credit card points to redeem Nespresso Essenza. I have experienced the new Pixie before. I read that Essenza is basically the same except it has a bigger footprint. So is Essenza a good model (a retail price difference of S$80 between Essenza & Pixie, I believe).

the essenza's a reliable model. the pixie's got a little too many moving parts, including a nozzle that moves forward and backwards, occasionally possibly dripping your hand with specks of warm coffee as it moves when ejecting a capsule if you are reaching out for the cup or smth.

heating element in the essenza's a little faster in heat up than the pixie. downside, it doesnt look sleek nor futuristic unlike the pixie, its a big fat glob sitting there :P
maybe the human ear isn't good enough. we need measurements, figures, numbers, calculations to tell and convince us what good sound is. or do we have to satisfy an unspoken insecurity??

Offline HoSaybo

« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2011, 23:06 »
Own a essenza since 2008. Working well. It it an old model compared to the pixie.

Offline oneneo

• Juz listen...wow!
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2011, 07:17 »
regular blend 91 cents..
pure blends 1.07 each SGD
that is the price off the boutique, not any grapevine methods
$1.07 per capsule for indriya, rosabaya, dulsao.  $0.99 for the lungo.  $0.91 for the rest.

Melbourne boutique price A$0.68 for regular grand cru and A$0.73 for the lungos. Specials like Dulsao, Rosabaya are $0.78.

What grapevine is there? :P
I can't afford the best equipment.  I can afford above average equipment that sound like they are the best. :P

Offline vajrasattvasg

« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2011, 09:58 »
Melbourne boutique price A$0.68 for regular grand cru and A$0.73 for the lungos. Specials like Dulsao, Rosabaya are $0.78.

What grapevine is there? :P

in au capsules are 5-6% cheaper than singapore...

best is to find some pals returning from the EU. capsules start from 0.33 for the regular ones, which is abt 56 cents sgd with prevailing exchange rates.. :P

Offline westendboy

« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2011, 09:35 »
Just back from HK ;D

Espressos at HK$47 a tube of 10, Pure Origin espressos at HK$53, Lungos at HK$50. Average abt 70cents a cup. U can get em at 1021, IFC Mall at Central/Hong Kong MTR or at 1093, Elements, Kowloon

I got 10 to tie me over till my sis trip to e EU  ;D

My movie and music blog:

All things books:

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2011, 11:21 »
Guess you miss the Limited Editions by a couple of days!  These are normally out mid Sept!.... :o

Offline vajrasattvasg

« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2011, 11:25 »
this year limited is dhjana, strength 8, indian coffee