Author Topic: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules  (Read 165504 times)

Offline tsammyc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I think, therefore I am
Re: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2011, 10:56 »
Don't like Arabica anyway. Too acidic.

For the Nespresso machines made in China, the internal mechanism is made in Switzerland

Offline vajrasattvasg

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2011, 20:41 »
anyone in hongkong now? heard the new limited just got released.. onirio~ white creamy capsule
maybe the human ear isn't good enough. we need measurements, figures, numbers, calculations to tell and convince us what good sound is. or do we have to satisfy an unspoken insecurity??

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2011, 10:05 »
"They just pop in a CBTL coffee or tea capsule, press a button and off goes a high-pressure process to make that perfect cuppa or brew that tastes as good as those sold at the company's cafes."

Perfect is very subjective...

Well that seals it...I'll still be making tea the old fashioned way and my coffee with an espresso machine like it should be done...grind on demand, IMHO.

Fast food is bad enough...now we have fast coffee at home no less - aiyoh
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2011, 10:14 »
Aiyoh, don't waste your precious time on making the cuppa lah, just get the Nespresso!!...... ;D 

BTW, everything done up at your new home!!

Offline Austrich

Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2011, 10:18 »

Fast food is bad enough...now we have fast coffee at home no less - aiyoh 

Just like eating instant noodles, very easy to prepare, big market size ...  :o

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2011, 21:03 »
Espresso machine was the 1st to get done then the stereo so I had music to work with.

Kitchen almost completed...custom tweaked ikea ... Mrs very happy with it.

this weekend will be the big unpack incl Friday...seems there is another bro here lives on my floor too.

Still a few pieces missing ... Packed but can't find like my PJ mount, and a cordless phone set, but SCV/MIO/Internet all happening so getting there slowly.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline kelso

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2011, 12:57 »
Just came across in today's papers there's a sale on citiz with milk at robinson's and cardmembers get additioanal 20% discount  :)
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline francis wu

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2011, 22:22 »
Think the price shown has already been discounted!  Don't think any further 20% discount!..... ::)

Offline kelso

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2011, 23:10 »
Yeah I couldnt make out head or tail from the ad but... here's what someone posted on hwz :

For those who wants to get Nespresso Citiz with milk, you can get it at S$578 at Robinsons exclusive members sales (4 days only).

Together with the $25 discount coupon, you only pay S$553. With 5% rebate, net amount is S$525.35.

On top of that, a free gift (Bodum Travel Press) is given for amount spent over $350.

Been hesitating getting it locally or via MO (from overseas), finally i got it from Robinsons. I think it's a good deals considering the discounted price, with 2 years onsite warranty & with free gift.

Thanks to Nespresso sales person (Centre Point) who helped to persuade the main office to participate in this Robinsons sales.
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2011, 06:32 »
There's a new version of the Nespresso machine, called the Pixie, which I just saw in a shop here (in Barcelona on holiday).  Looks quite cool, smaller than the existing Citiz machines.  Just 150 Euros.
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline tsammyc

• I think, therefore I am
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2011, 09:03 »
I have a Nespresso machine in the office, but it uses circular capsules. Coffee seems to taste a little better than the home machines. Perhaps its higher pressure?

Offline vajrasattvasg

« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2011, 09:26 »
I have a Nespresso machine in the office, but it uses circular capsules. Coffee seems to taste a little better than the home machines. Perhaps its higher pressure?

nope, its similarly 19bar, except the capsule is designed for faster elution for high throughput.
do you use filtered water in your machine or? distilled water or filtered water extracts coffee a little differently from tap water
maybe the human ear isn't good enough. we need measurements, figures, numbers, calculations to tell and convince us what good sound is. or do we have to satisfy an unspoken insecurity??

Offline francis wu

« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2011, 09:36 »
We shud have a shoot out on how it's gonna taste with tap, filtered, distilled and boiled water!  Anybody care to tell his or her experience with the different type of water used!!.......... ;D

Offline Austrich

Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2011, 10:11 »
ya, must also make sure you use the right water pipe, there's a huge difference in Plastic vs Copper and stainless steel water pipe ..... Taste different, water also sound different .... ;D

Offline vajrasattvasg

« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2011, 10:23 »
We shud have a shoot out on how it's gonna taste with tap, filtered, distilled and boiled water!  Anybody care to tell his or her experience with the different type of water used!!.......... ;D

i can provide two grades of water if you want to do a shoot out for it distilled water and ultra pure milliQ water.