Author Topic: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules  (Read 165502 times)

Offline kelso

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2011, 21:13 »
Those high end coffee machines - if use $1k power cords will improve the taste?

haha just kidding but Francis, those coffee from Indo - how do they compare to local kopi or nespresso caps? On ebay I've seen diy capsules that you can self-fill with your grind and use in the nespresso machine...
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline nomad

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2011, 21:20 »
Aiyo really going to miss gathering of aficionados music, ht, wine and coffee not in any particular order.  :(

Tried Jura, Krups now Nespresso wife loves it cause so convenient no hassles.
Can't have everything have to compromise, taste still there but aroma is lacking.

In all matters all senses need to be tickled.  ;D

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2011, 21:36 »
Those high end coffee machines - if use $1k power cords will improve the taste?

haha just kidding but Francis, those coffee from Indo - how do they compare to local kopi or nespresso caps? On ebay I've seen diy capsules that you can self-fill with your grind and use in the nespresso machine...

Hey, I use my hi-end PS Audio PC 12 power cord on my Krups Nespresso machine n the taste is now more robust n smoother, mid n low end has more bite n the high bitterness gone up a notch!...... ;D

The robusta from Indonesia is quite good really.  It has nice after taste.  Come over n join us.  Nothing like tasting it instead of listening to reviews....haha

Offline nomad

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2011, 00:17 »
Wow one great forum pick up audio from DH, projectors from Des, wine from Austrich, coffee from Francis. All the contributions from fellow members make this a fantastic place.

Thanks guys long may extreme flourish.

Offline tsammyc

• I think, therefore I am
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2011, 08:59 »
Just got a Nespresso Essenza C101 from the Nespresso shop in IFC Hong Kong for just S$280. Same mechanism as the Citiz with 19bar pressure. 2-year warranty valid in Singapore. In fact, the saleswoman said that the machines are sourced from the agent here.

Moving my just repaired Martello to my office. I also have a super high pressure Delonghi manual machine I bought 20 years ago, which makes the best cup of coffee I've ever had, but its just such a pain to use. The slightest error in packing your coffee powder and its no good.

Offline vajrasattvasg

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2011, 09:09 »
Just got a Nespresso Essenza C101 from the Nespresso shop in IFC Hong Kong for just S$280. Same mechanism as the Citiz with 19bar pressure. 2-year warranty valid in Singapore. In fact, the saleswoman said that the machines are sourced from the agent here.

Moving my just repaired Martello to my office. I also have a super high pressure Delonghi manual machine I bought 20 years ago, which makes the best cup of coffee I've ever had, but its just such a pain to use. The slightest error in packing your coffee powder and its no good.

welcome to the club :)
yup all nespresso machines operate at 19 bar with identical mechanisms.. its only the design, packaging and all that is different.
maybe the human ear isn't good enough. we need measurements, figures, numbers, calculations to tell and convince us what good sound is. or do we have to satisfy an unspoken insecurity??

Offline tsammyc

• I think, therefore I am
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2011, 09:45 »
The saleswoman said that DeLonghi and Krups only make the exterior of the machine and slap their label on!

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2011, 11:44 »
The saleswoman said that DeLonghi and Krups only make the exterior of the machine and slap their label on!

I recall Wiki has an article on this, the machines are all OEM and Krups, Magimix etc just do the external design and labelling.  Delonghi, though, does apparently build a slightly different machine
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2011, 11:52 »

Welcome to the club.  If u need a few packs to start your journey, let me know.  I have spare from last order..... :D

Offline kelso

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2011, 12:34 »
"Nespresso offer a number of different machines for sale. The machines carry the brand names of well known kitchen equipment manufacturers such as Krups, Magimix, Siemens, and DeLonghi, but mostly they are manufactured by the Swiss company Eugster/Frismag, one of the world's largest coffee machine producers. Although based in Switzerland, Eugster/Frismag also manufactures in China under the Krups and Magimix brands. Often Krups and Magimix store display models are "Made in Switzerland" (noted on the bottom of the machine) but the boxed machines actually for sale are made in China. The Lattissima models are manufactured by DeLonghi. Eugster/Frismag is little known to the public because the company is strictly an original equipment manufacturer.[3] In 2000, Nespresso began distributing machines bearing the "Nespresso" brand."

- so devious  :P
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 12:36 by kelso »

Offline Austrich

Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2011, 13:48 »

Eugster/Frismag is little known to the public because the company is strictly an original equipment manufacturer ....

- so devious  :P 

Call that devious ?  what about OFM ? a lot of food in Supermart are also not manufacture by the brand. Even fruits can be packed in different brand, I remembered some years ago the malaysian govt been importing Isreal's oranges in different brand name through France, thinking it's French produce .....  ;D

Offline vajrasattvasg

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2011, 14:09 »
its like how sonus faber, proac etc using scanspeak drivers.. :P
maybe the human ear isn't good enough. we need measurements, figures, numbers, calculations to tell and convince us what good sound is. or do we have to satisfy an unspoken insecurity??

Offline Austrich

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2011, 14:19 »
Skoda car or VW ?  Rolex or Tudor ? 

Offline kelso

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2011, 14:38 »
The devious part is that their store display machines have "made in Swiss" on the bottom but the boxed set for sale are made in china. I must admit that one of the draws for getting the machine was because I thought they were made by tall blond Swiss maidens (ok I'm exaggerating)
Like for my iPhone at least they tell you up front it's made in some sweat shop in china by some spotty kid with buck teeth probably digging his nose while assembling my phone but I'm ok with it  ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 14:54 by kelso »

Offline Austrich

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2011, 15:02 »
well, there's No best of both world right ?  Want high class workers to assemble your machine, you'll have to pay high class price. ... ;D

The trouble with singaporeans is, want cheap & good produce all the time. Where to get ?