Author Topic: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules  (Read 185878 times)

Offline sonofdbn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #435 on: May 08, 2013, 19:44 »
Now I remember why it's so dangerous to visit XP  :). Already ordered Lattissima+.

Offline Norman_Chan

« Reply #436 on: May 13, 2013, 03:33 »
Welcoming myself to the club, thanks to wifey's purchase of SKII products, whereupon they gave us this for free.  ;D

Is this good and easy to use ?

Offline Norman_Chan

« Reply #437 on: May 19, 2013, 22:02 »
Just for info , this Dolce Gusto - Automatic , now only selling in Courts AMK at S$199 special promotional price.

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #438 on: June 16, 2013, 22:30 »
I tried Trieste and Napoli this afternoon and they both taste pretty solid :). Rich and I really love the after taste bite! :)

Offline jimi

« Reply #439 on: June 17, 2013, 01:03 »
I tried Trieste and Napoli this afternoon and they both taste pretty solid :). Rich and I really love the after taste bite! :)

There's new LE out already!

Chocolate, vanilla, caramel- I bought 2/52 2 weeks ago but haven't got round to tasting them!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:13 by jimi »

Offline Knight_Rider

« Reply #440 on: August 27, 2013, 22:50 »
Anybody has lobang for the machines? HWZ mass order or can get locally?

Online silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #442 on: August 28, 2013, 17:11 »
I think I've found the perfect milk frother.

First a bit of background.

I've had a few over the years. The regular Aerocino (silver metal finish), the Aerocino with black matte finish which all stopped working well after maybe a year or so. One just stopped spinning the frother attachment after a year so it was out of warranty.

We then tried the one from Coffee Bean by Cafitalia. This seemed to create a pretty good micro beaded frothy mixture but it was really finicky to wash. Seemed like they were electrical attachments all over (including at the top of the jug) which made cleaning difficult. In addition, I thought it was also using the same type of non stick material as the Aerocino's which eventually caused the milk to burn and stick. That one is still in Singapore.

With the Aerocino's, you'll find that eventually the burnt milk creates confusion on the thermostat controls and your milk stops being sufficiently warm. The spin cycles become progressively shorter.

So for the past year in Australia I've been using the cheapest replacement I could find. The Aldi Xpressi frother. It looked like a replica of the Aerocino and made the same type of frothed milk as the Aerocino. Not great but OK for home. I also have a Lattissima Plus Nespresso machine with a built in milk attachment that froths and adds the milk automatically but that one was just too bubbly. Even with a latte setting I was getting a capuccino. Shame.

I was really lusting for the Nespresso machine that jimi got with the milk wand. But a part of me was worried I'd get over the novelty factor.

Anyway, I had a 60 buck voucher from thegoodguys after buying a printer during a promo period and had to use it within 3 weeks so wife and I went browsing. Couldn't really decide what to get until we saw this:

http://www.breville.com.au/the-milk-cafetm.html

It uses induction heaters that covers up the whole metal jug for a consistent heating approach. And it is made of metal so there's no need to worry about the non-stick surface being damaged. And the whisk attachment creates a beautiful micro bead foam that's pretty much the same as what you get from a good barista. It is pricey but it also is the largest container I've ever had. I think I can serve about 2-3 grande glasses of milk with this filled to the max.

Here's a video of how it works. Might try some hot chocolate later ;)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gzrcv4tWGCM&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Gzrcv4tWGCM&fs=1</a>
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline Knight_Rider

« Reply #443 on: August 28, 2013, 18:58 »

Microfoam Professional Milk Frother

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tNT8CBoc8-I&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tNT8CBoc8-I&fs=1</a>

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #444 on: August 28, 2013, 21:35 »
Dunno how well this professional microfoam frother works but it seems to be following the aerocino system which I suspect eventually leads to burnt milk.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline Knight_Rider

« Reply #445 on: September 23, 2013, 23:57 »
After testing a few water this has the best taste. Not very hard though.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #446 on: September 24, 2013, 00:26 »
I really love my Breville. I've not had a single case of burnt milk to date and that's pretty amazing. I guess the induction heater base works really well. I am also experimenting with different types of milk - supermarket brands (Woolies is better than Coles), A2-brand (seems similar to Woolies not worth the premium), Devondale's regular creamy UHT (not as good as Woolies) and the best to date - Devondale's UHT package - Barrista milk

Seems the one that froths the milk to a slightly creamy consistency that I can now experiment with coffee art ;)

I have a Brita filter that provides the water to the Nespresso unit.

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline Knight_Rider

« Reply #447 on: September 24, 2013, 08:19 »
I think Farmhouse is fine.  :P

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #448 on: September 24, 2013, 14:40 »
No comments about the new flavour, Dharkan?

Though I must admit, not much to say: it's not bad, rated 11 so quite strong, but oddly it doesn't seem as strong as, say, Ristretto.  Also re-released is Kazaar, that kopi-tiam kopi tastealike.
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline kelso

« Reply #449 on: September 24, 2013, 14:56 »
The Kazaar that was re-release last year was quite a disappointment for me as it wasn't the same as the original version. Hopefully the re-re-release which is supposed to be a permanent flavour has got the original taste
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal