Author Topic: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules  (Read 161948 times)

Offline raystinger

• Trade Count: (0)
    • My photo gallery
Re: Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 23:28 »
Just bought a set of Nespresso Citiz & Milk from the Ion showroom...still trying out the starter kit capsules and haven't bought any additional ones yet. Was told that the Xmas variants are out only a few days ago and they are being bought off the shelf at amazingly fast rate...

Still pretty new to all these different variants of coffee available...currently only tried the Roma and purple capsule...prefer the purple one as its stronger tasting which suits my taste more. :)
Apple Macbook Pro | Cambridge Audio Azur 640C V2 (Modded by Ray-Audio) | Wyred4Sound DAC2 | Wyred4Sound ST-500 | Dynaudio Focus 110 | Audio Technical ATH-A900 | Audioquest Type-8 | Nordost Frey XLR | IEGO power cords | Bada L3300 Power Conditioner | Auralex MoPad

Offline vajrasattvasg

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 23:56 »
thats arpeggio.. intensity 8 if i didnt remember wrongly.. one of the best in aroma amongst all the nespresso caps in my opinion, with a nice firmer crema on top :D
maybe the human ear isn't good enough. we need measurements, figures, numbers, calculations to tell and convince us what good sound is. or do we have to satisfy an unspoken insecurity??

Offline jeffong

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2010, 00:59 »
I'm not a hardcore coffee drinker although the missus is.  I do like Indriya the most among the lot.  To bad I did not get a chance to try the recent limited edition blend that has a even stronger intensity than the Indriya.
HDR Rulez - UHD-K8500 | Oppo UDP-203 | Zapitti One Mini
Stewart Firehawk 92" | LG 65E6T | Panny 65VT30 | Benq 5700
Denon 8500 | Denon 7200WA | Denon 4520 | SVS PC-12+ | JL E110
UHD BD Titles : Countless

Offline vajrasattvasg

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2010, 01:22 »
I'm not a hardcore coffee drinker although the missus is.  I do like Indriya the most among the lot.  To bad I did not get a chance to try the recent limited edition blend that has a even stronger intensity than the Indriya.

i still have 25 sleeves of kazaar (strength 12) stashed in office :P
maybe the human ear isn't good enough. we need measurements, figures, numbers, calculations to tell and convince us what good sound is. or do we have to satisfy an unspoken insecurity??

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2010, 16:32 »
Bro, how about exchanging some of your Kazaar with some of my Indriya, Arpeggio, Ristretto or Roma!!.......... 8)

Offline francis wu

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2010, 16:33 »
Got these recently...

Offline westendboy

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010, 20:22 »
Have not checked out Nepresso machines but just now at Best Denki I saw a promotion for Martello brand. Works on the same principle I believe. The machine is selling for $298 and the capsules are $24 for 30. Quite a few choices for the capsules. Is this a good buy?

I am using a Krupps for a couple of years and toying with the idea of getting one. Tried it... Quite good :P
Have you come here to play Jesus to the lepers in your head?

My movie and music blog:
http://reelthoughtsfromageek.wordpress.com

All things books:
http://fictionmattersfromageek.wordpress.com

Offline francis wu

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 22:44 »
Suggest u check out the Nespresso coffee at either Taka or Ion
Boutique n decide for yourself which is better!  I bet u will certainly pick Nespresso in the end!!..... ;D

Offline raystinger

• My photo gallery
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 23:01 »
Haha, I just checked out the Martello, it appears that the selection of coffee is quite limited. But the plus point is that it also offers tea capsules, something that the Nespresso is lacking if thats ever a concern for you. :)

So far I'm quite please with my Nespresso machine and I second Francis's suggestion to check them out at the boutiques before making a decision. :D
Apple Macbook Pro | Cambridge Audio Azur 640C V2 (Modded by Ray-Audio) | Wyred4Sound DAC2 | Wyred4Sound ST-500 | Dynaudio Focus 110 | Audio Technical ATH-A900 | Audioquest Type-8 | Nordost Frey XLR | IEGO power cords | Bada L3300 Power Conditioner | Auralex MoPad

Offline westendboy

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2010, 09:30 »
Suggest u check out the Nespresso coffee at either Taka or Ion
Boutique n decide for yourself which is better!  I bet u will certainly pick Nespresso in the end!!..... ;D

Haha, I just checked out the Martello, it appears that the selection of coffee is quite limited. But the plus point is that it also offers tea capsules, something that the Nespresso is lacking if thats ever a concern for you. :)

So far I'm quite please with my Nespresso machine and I second Francis's suggestion to check them out at the boutiques before making a decision. :D

Thanks for the helpful suggestions... but my missus did a quick math for me - both of us drink a cup in the morn so that we need 2 capsules a day which makes it 2 packs at $48 a month!!! Right now we are drinking Coffee Bean coffee and a pack gets both of us thru 1.5 - 2 months.  I think better channel this moola to a COE or a more enticing Denon AVR haha

But I will definitely check out Nepresso.  Thanks
Have you come here to play Jesus to the lepers in your head?

My movie and music blog:
http://reelthoughtsfromageek.wordpress.com

All things books:
http://fictionmattersfromageek.wordpress.com

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 09:33 »
I do like Indriya the most among the lot.  To bad I did not get a chance to try the recent limited edition blend that has a even stronger intensity than the Indriya.
i still have 25 sleeves of kazaar (strength 12) stashed in office :P

Personally I prefer Indriya to Kazaar.  Kazaar tastes too much like coffee-shop kopi, with the slightly burnt taste and rather rough flavour.  Indriya is really strong, yet still refined in flavour.
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline DizzyD

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I am a HTphile !
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2010, 14:59 »
I am fan of Indriya, Apreggio and Ristretto.
Main Rig: Mit HC7900DW II Cyrus 92" II Onkyo NR818 II Oppo 103D II JL E112 II Sony PS3 II Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSD II Wyred4Sound MC3 II MacMini II Dynaudio Focus 220MkII 200C II Antimode 8033 II NHT Monitor II

Offline francis wu

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2010, 16:44 »
I am fan of Indriya, Apreggio and Ristretto.

aah, these high intensity blend have different texture and smoothness, I like them all.  Most of the Limited edition ones, especially those with a dash of essence (I like Vanilla) are pretty good too...... ;D

Offline raystinger

• My photo gallery
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2010, 17:04 »
do you all usually drink the espresso shot alone or mix it with milk? any favorite recipe to share? :D

Offline francis wu

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2010, 17:33 »
Espresso style is too bitter for me.  I usually give these high intensity blend 2 doses of water (press twice on the left button) and drink straight without sugar or milk. 
Cappuccino only for wifey...... :P