Author Topic: Does ethernet cable between router n streamer matter  (Read 2336 times)

Offline kinger

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Does ethernet cable between router n streamer matter
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2020, 14:58 »
just found it at simei challenger.

got all lengths.

i got the 1m and 3m.

nice... i going northpoint branch

Offline zephyr11

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2020, 16:53 »
^^^^^^^^^^^

buy buy buy!

I think I bought already this much of elecom LAN cables (maybe more, the boxes deep inside store room)

CAT7 standard 1m - 2pc
CAT7 standard 5m - 1pc
CAT7 Shielded 2m - 2pc
CAT7 Flat type 5m - 1pc
CAT8 Shielded 1m - 4pc
CAT8 Shielded 2m - 2pc
CAT8 Shielded 3m - 2pc
CAT8 Shielded 5m - 3pc

Every single pc i checked directionality and found all to be correct when connected in the same direction as the printed words on the cable jacket.

I think can safely assume if you connect yours in the same direction as the printed words then signal flow directionality should be correct also.

thanks for sharing!

dumb qn; this means 'E' on elecom (printed on the cable) should be FROM router, 'M' should be closer to streamer, right?

« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 16:56 by zephyr11 »

Offline jerome_the_lang

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2020, 17:35 »

dumb qn; this means 'E' on elecom (printed on the cable) should be FROM router, 'M' should be closer to streamer, right?

Yes

[Router] => ELECOM => [Streamer]
Many thanks to the mods for continuing to tolerate all my expressive vulgarisms and harassment of fellow forumers...

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2020, 18:54 »
That is No dif in digital bits on the transmtion and recovery , but there is a change in sound on the receiving device vs clock good or bad ? let your heart and ear decide . $300 for that even cat( on the way to come ) i will change the switch and router on a yearly basic as a cable after time also will change it sound.

go buy the same cable in one ream of 100m, one ream terminate both end at 100m , the other ream cut into 50m and terminate with the same connector as the 100m and the bal cut into 2 x 25m ,one 25m use the same connector as the 100m and 50m and the last 25m you can use the most expensive connector you can find .

Now you hv 4 same cable but 3 are same connector and a shorter 25m with expensive connector , try it on your system they will sound dif and will not cost you that much , coil up the 100m and let it loosse all over on floor also will sound dif , have fun......
AudioControl,Gallo acoustic, JVC, Ken Kreisel, Starke Sound, FocusView, Rose HiFi, Rythmik, Xgimi, Zidoo UHD2000

From time to time we may sell off New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new, we will dispose off the box.

All posts
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline kinger

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2020, 20:23 »
Just a question, say the music in the usb thumbstick is connected to the router and the router is connected to the streamer via LAN cable, will it sound different when the music data from the router is transmitted to the streamer during playback via different LAN cables?

I can actually skip the router and plug the thumbstick into the streamer.....this will totally avoid the router to streamer LAN cable headache...

I still believe the clock is the ultimate sound differentiator in converting the 1,0,1,0 properly.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 20:27 by kinger »

Offline pcking

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I'm just an audio/video enthusiast!
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2020, 22:19 »
Even if you plug the USB TD directly into your streamer, the LAN cable connected to router will still make a difference.

Besides changing to an audiophile network switch, the cheaper solution is to use a standalone switch just for audio purpose.

Meaning do not connect any audio devices directly to router. Only to this dedicated network switch.
And do not connect other non audio devices to this dedicated network switch.

Another step up is to use a better PSU to power this standalone switch.

Another step up is to introduce fiber to isolate the Streamer from the rest of the network.

Just a question, say the music in the usb thumbstick is connected to the router and the router is connected to the streamer via LAN cable, will it sound different when the music data from the router is transmitted to the streamer during playback via different LAN cables?

I can actually skip the router and plug the thumbstick into the streamer.....this will totally avoid the router to streamer LAN cable headache...

I still believe the clock is the ultimate sound differentiator in converting the 1,0,1,0 properly.
"The worse of the two is he who, when abused, retaliates. One who does not retaliate wins a battle hard to win."

Offline Quest

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Cyber Dreamer
I think I bought already this much of elecom LAN cables (maybe more, the boxes deep inside store room)

Every single pc i checked directionality and found all to be correct when connected in the same direction as the printed words on the cable jacket.

I think can safely assume if you connect yours in the same direction as the printed words then signal flow directionality should be correct also.

Nice collection. I used to go to Japan to buy, even have those 20cm ones. Didn't realise they have that much choices here since Elecom stopped having their own store.

Thanks for the directionality tip too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal