Author Topic: Sonus faber Speaker Thread  (Read 393664 times)

Offline Davegoo

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Sonus faber Speaker Thread
« Reply #1455 on: May 10, 2019, 18:25 »
Sad to say I don’t have any now hence I’m trying to find a proper pre/power setup.

Offline mousike

« Reply #1456 on: May 10, 2019, 22:48 »
Sad to say I don’t have any now hence I’m trying to find a proper pre/power setup.

There are many options out there and u may want to have a listen. Let your ears be the best judge. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Davegoo

« Reply #1457 on: May 11, 2019, 12:13 »
Yeah. Trying to read up abit here and there based on reviews and hearing from you guys.
Kinda hard sometimes to hear how the amp would sound like on my speakers unless they have the actual same setup.

Offline mousike

« Reply #1458 on: May 11, 2019, 14:06 »
When I first hop on this hobby I did more listening then reading. I also learnt to read with a pinch of salt. Some reviews I read online doesn’t reflect reality and some are skewed in opinions. Ideally no comparisons are worthwhile until it’s in your own setup.

There are many good and supporting folks in this forum that you can make friends with. They are more then willing to give you a listen to their setup too. Generally we are decent folks that loves music. After while you kind of get an idea of various tonality of various gears. Most often you would have to pay for the lessons...a bit of a chef tasting his dish.

IN that respect I think you are in the right path and asking the right questions. Also playing used gears is a great move to play and pay forward. After a while you will hear what you like and thrill be your sound.

Cheers!

Yeah. Trying to read up abit here and there based on reviews and hearing from you guys.
Kinda hard sometimes to hear how the amp would sound like on my speakers unless they have the actual same setup.

Offline Davegoo

« Reply #1459 on: May 11, 2019, 20:24 »
LOL. I like how you put it.

I am probably paying for my lessons in the pursuit for “The” sound right now or whatever my wallet allows.

Lots to learn from you and the people here for sure. Reviews from Stereophile are the only ones I trusted more but I rather hear from actual people in such forums.

I have to thank you for your patience and knowledge sharing as well. 👍