Author Topic: Sonus faber Speaker Thread  (Read 376119 times)

Offline Luv4nature

• Trade Count: (+1)
Sonus faber Speaker Thread
« on: May 09, 2010, 18:04 »
Just an interest check.... any Sonus faber speaker fans here in xtremeplace?

Offline Kopi

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Sonus faber Speaker Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 20:16 »
Just started to be interested.  ;D

I used to think that SF is for slow, warm sounding, no need too much wham-bang bass folks until i acquired
the SF Amati Homage. Although had it for less than 1 month, I am happy with it. Still doing lots of pop and rock
and getting good kick out of it.
Stewart Greyhawk 110" fix screen, Oppo BDP-203 BR player, Denon X4300H, Sony VM520ES Projector, Wilson Sasha II Speakers, Aerial Acoustic CC3B Center speaker, Esoteric UX-1 Limited SACD player, Audio Research Ref 6 Pre Amp, Stello DA220-MKII DAC, Jeff Rowland 201 Monoblock (centre channel), Jeff Rowland 312 Power Amp(L/R), Definitive 2xSuperCube 2 Subwoofer, VPI Scout TT, EAR 834P Phono stage, WireWorld Eclipse XLRs, Analysis PLus Oval 8 spk cables, NBS Signature and MIT Power cords

Offline kaka2rock

• Snr Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 20:30 »
Yes,am running with one and only good old Concertino..from start of my jounrey till now. Almost give up and sold.

Glad i didnt cos am amazed what a this little fellow can do :D

Offline skfong

• Only The Original
    • SK Fong
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 20:46 »
heard Concertino in friend place and this little italian mafia can really sing and push. hoping to own one piano black version one day. around $900-$1k market price. next one is the amator around $3-4k.

someone today from KL posted one extreme.. that pair is truly kickass... $9k+. wow.

sk

Offline blue_starfish

• I am a hi-fi dinosaur as I love analog
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 21:55 »
signing in here with a pair of SF Cremona M

Offline Luv4nature

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 23:12 »
Looks like quite some SF fans here.... good to keep this thread alive.  ;)

My humble set up....

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 14:29 by Luv4nature »

Offline synthesis

Offline Luv4nature

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 23:26 »
Just started to be interested.  ;D

I used to think that SF is for slow, warm sounding, no need too much wham-bang bass folks until i acquired
the SF Amati Homage. Although had it for less than 1 month, I am happy with it. Still doing lots of pop and rock
and getting good kick out of it.

To me there's quite a distinction of Sonus house sound, all the early models up to the the first generation concert range, as well as the first 2 homage models (Guarneri and Amati) are "Romantic" sounding. The later models up to the current line are somewhat more "contemporary" sounding.

The original Amati needs a lot of power, good space and placement to sound good. Looks like you got it right :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:39 by Luv4nature »

Offline Luv4nature

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 23:29 »
heard Concertino in friend place and this little italian mafia can really sing and push. hoping to own one piano black version one day. around $900-$1k market price. next one is the amator around $3-4k.

someone today from KL posted one extreme.. that pair is truly kickass... $9k+. wow.

sk

Yes the concertino is a real song bird.

Some Sonus faber spks do appreciate in value.. in fact all SF spks hold their values very well.

Offline Luv4nature

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 23:31 »
signing in here with a pair of SF Cremona M

Good balanced sounding floorstander !

Offline Austrich

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 23:37 »

Like that you call 'humble'....  :o

Hey bro, it all depends on where you take your reference, values are relative.  Whether you have a $1000, or $1mil systems, you must enjoy the music ... ;D

Cheers !

Offline arsene

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 09:01 »
Now using Liuto tower speakers with smart as center and concertinos as rear for my HT.  For music, I am pairing them with tubes.

Previously owned Concerto (non home), Amator 2.  Must agree that the old SF and new SF sounded a bit different.

Offline Luv4nature

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 09:47 »
Now using Liuto tower speakers with smart as center and concertinos as rear for my HT.  For music, I am pairing them with tubes.

Previously owned Concerto (non home), Amator 2.  Must agree that the old SF and new SF sounded a bit different.

Good set up! Is it the original (biwire), home or domus concertino that you are using?

Among all the current speakers in the market, I find that Liuto monitor & tower are pretty under-rated, for the kind of build quality and sonic performance, the Luitos are actually superb. For those longing for the old concert series sound signature, Luitos provides the closest ressemblence and offer even more  ;)

Offline skfong

• Only The Original
    • SK Fong
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 09:55 »
Hey bro, it all depends on where you take your reference, values are relative.  Whether you have a $1000, or $1mil systems, you must enjoy the music ... ;D

Cheers !

i agreed with you. there is no end to the system, the investment is simply indefinite.... all is in the ear of the listener  ;)

Offline skfong

• Only The Original
    • SK Fong
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 09:58 »
Yes the concertino is a real song bird.

Some Sonus faber spks do appreciate in value.. in fact all SF spks hold their values very well.

friend, yah, i notice the prices of SF hold very well esp those made older days. envy you, have such a large luxury AV room  :o