Author Topic: please recommend a relevant 5751  (Read 7720 times)

Offline DIYer Straits

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • 6h30p Über Tube
Re: please recommend a relevant 5751
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2010, 10:11 »
in some things like soundstage yes, though the dared presents instruments with a more accurate timbre and sounds more lifelike

Interesting, something that have to investigated further. I guess technology in metallurgy has finally caught up with the Sino-tubes which allows them to be improved and not just copied. ;D

On the other hand, if these tubes brought "life" to your previously dull amplifier, I wouldn't want it to put them in my already lively system.
Audere' Est Facere'    COME ON YOU SPURS.......
Laptop via XMOS
Dual AK4495 DAC
Technics SL1200Mk2 (Modded) : Magnepan Unitrac : AT 33PTG/AT ART7
Ortofon T30 MC step-up, Custom MM WAD Phono3S Tube Phonostage/DACT CT100 (modded)
Custom 6N6p Aikido Preamplifier
Modded TPA3118 Class D amplifier/ TPA 3255 power amplifier
Modded Thiel CS2.4/Modded ATC SCM-7/Some Satori in birch ply cabinets with a PR/KEF R300
To be updated

Offline ...

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 17:48 »
it is sounding better and less chinese, only fault i find is the sound isn't very interesting,smooth but that it,waiting for it to ripen more
The best

Offline ...

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2010, 13:32 »
Interesting, something that have to investigated further. I guess technology in metallurgy has finally caught up with the Sino-tubes which allows them to be improved and not just copied. ;D

On the other hand, if these tubes brought "life" to your previously dull amplifier, I wouldn't want it to put them in my already lively system.
sound has mellowed out, and is too euphonic to boot, but very flat response curve, but now my unison is listenable,will use these tubes until I get some amperex bugle boys. the fm are good value, not spectacular,not yet as it is still running in
The best

Offline ...

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2010, 12:09 »
giving up on the fm, very good performance, just not quite interesting :(
The best

Offline DIYer Straits

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • 6h30p Über Tube
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 13:14 »
It's the amp that needs changing as it's probably designed to be as laidback as possible. Sad.
Audere' Est Facere'    COME ON YOU SPURS.......
Laptop via XMOS
Dual AK4495 DAC
Technics SL1200Mk2 (Modded) : Magnepan Unitrac : AT 33PTG/AT ART7
Ortofon T30 MC step-up, Custom MM WAD Phono3S Tube Phonostage/DACT CT100 (modded)
Custom 6N6p Aikido Preamplifier
Modded TPA3118 Class D amplifier/ TPA 3255 power amplifier
Modded Thiel CS2.4/Modded ATC SCM-7/Some Satori in birch ply cabinets with a PR/KEF R300
To be updated

Offline ...

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2010, 13:47 »
It's the amp that needs changing as it's probably designed to be as laidback as possible. Sad.
you're probably correct, or maybe the dared is that fantastic; whichever way it would be, i may just rotate use of these two
The best

Offline ...

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 09:35 »
tubes are finally showing their fruits, my rig is sounding satisfactory,it s been a long few weeks, and it will be better when it fully runs in ;D
The best