Author Topic: Class D audio DIY power amp kit MO  (Read 12522 times)

Online joamonte

• my precious one.
Class D audio DIY power amp kit MO
« on: April 06, 2010, 02:32 »
This is a MO for Class D audio power amp Kit.

Very easy to built and sound is wonderful , tube like mid range and powerful bass.

http://classdaudio.com/index.php/class-d-amplifier-kits.html

Some discussion in xtremeplace and audiocicle.

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=72240.msg545378#msg545378

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=76400.msg754103#msg754103

The MO will be closed at 25/4/10, I will require a deposit of the equivalence to the kit's selling price in SG dollar ,within 5 days after the MO closed , transfer into my OCBC account, the balance of shipping cost will only need to pay me during the collection of the Kits sets , in Cash , at Jurong west or Town Area.

I believe we should able to save lot of shipping cost and ask for some discount(no promise, but I will try) if the response of the MO is good.

My contact no 96865736 or linyonghui@hotmail.com

Plz add your name into the list if you interested to join.

1)Joamonte , SDS-258 Kit, 1 set , USD $360

francis woo

Re: Class D audio DIY power amp kit MO
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:24 »
Bro, is this kit amp bridgeable!!  Don't seem to see this option in the spec review!....tks

Online joamonte

• my precious one.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 12:03 »
Bro, is this kit amp bridgeable!!  Don't seem to see this option in the spec review!....tks

which kits you refering too? Some kit already provide power supplier for 2 amp module for you to brigde(can use as bi amp either),just need to buy another amp module

http://classdaudio.com/index.php/250w-x-2-8-amplifier-power-supply-and-transformer.html

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:07 by joamonte »

Offline DanDon

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 17:41 »
All the amps can be bridged. The power suppply can be used to power the 2 same modules. i.e. 4 channels or 2 channels(bridged)

Offline hca2

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 17:58 »
All the amps can be bridged. The power suppply can be used to power the 2 same modules. i.e. 4 channels or 2 channels(bridged)

after bridge can't drive the 4ohm speaker like dynaudio sounds may varies?

Offline DanDon

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 18:13 »
after bridge can't drive the 4ohm speaker like dynaudio sounds may varies?

I understand that bridging is not recommended to drive 4 ohm speakers. But I think the Super D Series might able to do so. Not sure whether the sound would vary as I have not tried before.

The best person to answer the question would be the designer, Tom, from Class D Audio. He's very helpful and prompt in replying my emails and queries. His email is sales@classdaudio.com.

Offline matix

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 21:24 »
2) Matix,  SDS-258 Kit,  1set,  USD $360

A small request Joamonte... please show me your assembled set when you are done.  I don't want to hook up a wrong wire.   :)

Offline mika

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 09:23 »
Dear all. I am a newbie when it comes to diy kits but have always a keen interest in it since young but has no opportunity to do it. Do u guys mind if u can organize a diy session together so newbies like me can learn from the experts here?  I am interested to get the kit but am very afraid that a wrong connection will kill it. Thereby hesitating :)

Online joamonte

• my precious one.
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 12:21 »
This Kit is the most simple Kit I ever know in human history,  ;D don't even need to soldier the circuit board as all the component already fixed ,  just need to screw the wire on to the correct point and maybe only a few soldiering point on the interconnect and speaker connector, I can explain how to do it after we collect the kit set, no problem.. :)

Online joamonte

• my precious one.
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 12:27 »
Forgot to mention, these Kit sound different from other Class D amp I think one of the reason is also because it is not using switching power supply, it is using a conventional power supply design which IMHO "should" sound way better than cheap switching power supply.

Offline DanDon

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 18:00 »
Greeting from New Zealand  :)

Allow me to add.

According to Tom, he ever mentioned in one of the forum that switching power supply may not sound as good as linear power supply. However, he would still source/built switching power supply due to request from his customers.

If any of you is worried about the connection, you're welcome to see the interconnection of my amp.  ;)

Offline Relax

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 19:20 »
2) Matix,  SDS-258 Kit,  1set,  USD $360
3) Relax, CDA-2000 kit, 1 set, USD $375.. understand can request not to have the RCA input connector soldered. prefer to conect direct with wires.

Online joamonte

• my precious one.
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 13:26 »
understand can request not to have the RCA input connector soldered. prefer to conect direct with wires.

Don't understand what you mean bro, the circuit board standard come with screw connection , no soldiering is needed , only the RCA connector at the chassis need soldier.

Offline Relax

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 23:29 »
I read in somewhere but just couldn't remember where..

If u dont want to have the RCA connector on the pcb, U can request for it. They will sent you the pcb without the RCA connector..

I want to mount the RCA connector on the panel of the box  so have to direct solder at the amp pcb..

Online joamonte

• my precious one.
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 00:52 »
Only on "A" need solder, PCB  "B" connect wire by screw.

You mean you don't want the "B" screwing blue color connector strip?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 00:57 by joamonte »