Author Topic: Dynaudio Speaker Thread  (Read 1441180 times)

Offline wusplay

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Dynaudio Speaker Thread
« Reply #6465 on: May 21, 2019, 21:12 »
The look of new Confidence is becoming more acceptable and not as ugly as first sight.

Offline planet

« Reply #6466 on: May 22, 2019, 11:31 »
The look of new Confidence is becoming more acceptable and not as ugly as first sight.
Dont judge a book by its cover. ;D

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
« Reply #6467 on: May 22, 2019, 13:44 »
pointless if SG is so much more exp.... :-X
ProJect Q.

Offline etnt

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #6468 on: May 22, 2019, 14:42 »
pointless if SG is so much more exp.... :-X

I wanted to take over your set of focus 260 as spare but kenna rejected by MOF. haiz :'(

Offline wechnivag

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #6469 on: May 22, 2019, 19:53 »
Hi BadEnglish,

The speakers are 1.6m apart and my listening position is 1.8m away.
Yes, I do feel my system is noisy and sometime I increase the volume and become harsh as you mentioned.
I am using Plixir 1st gen BAC800 power conditioner. I will get noise analyzer to test it.
Dare I utter the words 'acoustic treatment' in this thread? The symptoms sounds like your space is being acoustically overloaded by the output from the speakers. Imagine a bare and empty bomb shelter.  Doesn't sound very good and can't play any kind of  loud before it gets unbearable....

Among other effects, acoustic treatment helps to dissipate the sound energy in your environment. The measure is the RT - reverberation time. A bare bomb shelter will have very long RT. All this energy and echo bouncing around makes it very fatiguing.

Typically furnishings in a living room - sofa, rug, console, dining table, curtains etc all help to dissipate some energy. But they do not work equally at all frequency. Depending on how bare or furnished the space is, they can be insufficient to handle the sound energy and get overloaded.

The measuring criteria here is ratio of direct to reverberation sound. When the reverberation sound exceeds a certain threshold vs direct sound from speakers, the entire sound falls apart. Typically, this ratio can be improved by listening nearfield, using dipole speakers (which loads the room less), and employing acoustic treatment to manage the energy in the room.

Dedicated acoustic treatment elements can be used and strategically placed to target problematic regions, frequencies and achieve a balanced sounding room.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my X9009 using Tapatalk

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
« Reply #6470 on: May 22, 2019, 21:00 »
I wanted to take over your set of focus 260 as spare but kenna rejected by MOF. haiz :'(

Haha. I did not get my side surrounds approved too. Cannot expect too much. Taking time off to tweak everything properly.
ProJect Q.

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6471 on: May 22, 2019, 21:14 »
Haha. I did not get my side surrounds approved too. Cannot expect too much. Taking time off to tweak everything properly.

WAH!!  So many Denon amplifier channels lay idle!!!

(Audio)

Offline petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
« Reply #6472 on: May 22, 2019, 23:04 »
Hi BadEnglish,

The speakers are 1.6m apart and my listening position is 1.8m away.
Yes, I do feel my system is noisy and sometime I increase the volume and become harsh as you mentioned.
I am using Plixir 1st gen BAC800 power conditioner. I will get noise analyzer to test it.

Missed this...
That's truly nearfield.. You may be better off with coaxial drivers..
But you won't need a very high power amp, high current for dynamics yes..
Hope you found your amp.
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
http://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019/04/my-setup-42019.html

Offline Hi!

« Reply #6473 on: May 26, 2019, 19:57 »
Just realised the Evidence and Consequence series have been moved to discontinued models. I guess it is time to say goodbye to the old school Dynaudio. All new models.

Offline malsound

« Reply #6474 on: June 03, 2019, 15:02 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dlBJPnhqSFk&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dlBJPnhqSFk&fs=1</a>