Author Topic: The Official XP Harbeth Thread  (Read 224982 times)

Offline mophead

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Official XP Harbeth Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 03:58 »
Eh mophead, I have no news on Reggie ever since I set aside his execution  ;D Heard about the mini watt tube amp, are u the one who bot it?

The pin-up boy is back!!
Hi Reggie  =P

Yup, you gotta hear the miniwatt for dude. Despite it's diminutive footprint and OMG price, definitely a game changer for tube newbies.
I didn't buy it. But my other bro did.

He's a believer now
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 04:04 by mophead »

Offline jim

• Snr Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 13:56 »
Tiger Ebony sure looks good  :P

You also have mah......... ;D ;D ;D I think he bot it from the same place as us :P :P

Offline johnfish

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 19:12 »
You also have mah......... ;D ;D ;D I think he bot it from the same place as us :P :P
Yeah" :o :o the song goes like tis...One little _Two little _Three little Tiger....... ;D ;D ;D ;D

ruzhyo

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 23:33 »
Yeah the stands look very familar.

I loaded mine with kitty little and also replaced the spikes with soundcare superspikes.  The top (contact point with the speakers) is also with 3M rubber bumpers.

Much better than stock. 

Then again mine is not M30.  I did like the M30 for its more brighter sound vs what I have.  But decided to take mine as I think in the long run, I prefer something more relaxed.

Offline johnfish

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 00:09 »
Yeah the stands look very familar.

I loaded mine with kitty little and also replaced the spikes with soundcare superspikes.  The top (contact point with the speakers) is also with 3M rubber bumpers.

Much better than stock. 

Then again mine is not M30.  I did like the M30 for its more brighter sound vs what I have.  But decided to take mine as I think in the long run, I prefer something more relaxed.

Bright ? Not at all bro...the venom on  M30 is the Mid. to die for. Yes , it gave colouration on the sonic. But dun u think all monitor should have it signature sounding ? Also the bass is a bit on the light side. But I love how it sound right on my set-up. It produce closest to Legendary LS3/5a but in a bigger scale :)  Not forgetting it inverted driver design very much resemble to that legend mention above. Dun 4get to post pic. of ur beloved Harbeth .Cheers   

Offline keithwwk

• Listen, the beauty of the music.......
    • Classical guitar Delcamp - Great and Helpful
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 00:57 »
...the venom on  M30 is the Mid. to die for. Yes , it gave colouration on the sonic..

Hi John, Yes, closest to real human voice is strenght of Harbeth Radial driver. But, but, M30 will never color the sonic. I think M30 let the original color pass thru. Cheers  ;D
= "Bath with Music" =
Harbeth Super HL5/LFD Zero LE mk3/Marantz CD17mk3
Segovia "The guitar is a small orchestra. It is polyphonic. Every string is a different color, a different voice."
Classical guitar Delcamp - Great and Helpful
http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/

Offline joamonte

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • audiophile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2010, 02:19 »
Is tis the only M30 tiger ebony here ?

Is that a Harberth LS 3/5A too?

Offline johnfish

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 02:48 »
Hi John, Yes, closest to real human voice is strenght of Harbeth Radial driver. But, but, M30 will never color the sonic. I think M30 let the original color pass thru. Cheers  ;D
Whaaa Keithwwk :o :o,it take many moons to think of words like that.... u sum it up real well ;D ;D ;D Thxs bro
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 02:49 by johnfish »

ruzhyo

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2010, 20:06 »
Bright ? Not at all bro...the venom on  M30 is the Mid. to die for. Yes , it gave colouration on the sonic. But dun u think all monitor should have it signature sounding ? Also the bass is a bit on the light side. But I love how it sound right on my set-up. It produce closest to Legendary LS3/5a but in a bigger scale :)  Not forgetting it inverted driver design very much resemble to that legend mention above. Dun 4get to post pic. of ur beloved Harbeth .Cheers   

Yups I find the M30 brighter as compared to my S-HL5.  To my ears anyway.
But in no way the M30 not sound good.  I did enjoy it while I had to chance to listen to it at Sam's.

I have no idea how the LS3/5a sounds so cannot compare.  In fact, so far I have heard a few different harbeth set ups and all sounded good but nothing to shout about.

None of the BING BAM BOOM and fireworks of some other set ups but to me that is the beauty of Harbeth.  Even matched with entry level player and amps, still sound good and can go on listening without feeling tired.

That to me is enjoy the music.  If I want the special effects, I'll just watch a movie with  my HT.

Sorry I don't know how to post pics of my speakers.  Nothing special.  Just another of the many many S-HL5 out there.

Offline ks

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2010, 22:39 »
Yups I find the M30 brighter as compared to my S-HL5.  To my ears anyway.
But in no way the M30 not sound good.  I did enjoy it while I had to chance to listen to it at Sam's.

I have no idea how the LS3/5a sounds so cannot compare.  In fact, so far I have heard a few different harbeth set ups and all sounded good but nothing to shout about.

None of the BING BAM BOOM and fireworks of some other set ups but to me that is the beauty of Harbeth.  Even matched with entry level player and amps, still sound good and can go on listening without feeling tired.

That to me is enjoy the music.  If I want the special effects, I'll just watch a movie with  my HT.

Sorry I don't know how to post pics of my speakers.  Nothing special.  Just another of the many many S-HL5 out there.

The M30 appears to be bright becos cos there's less of the lower registers so it could sound "brighter" in comparison. And the presentation is more forward, quite a bit more forward than the SHL5 actually.

SHL5 in comparison is just more laid back and goes deeper. Good in some ways but it can sound a lacking of zest for some music or some recordings.
TT: Thorens 160Mk3 with Shure M97xe, Scout VPI with Ortofon 2M Blue
Phono amp: CA 640P, **shopping for one**
CDP: Consonance CD120 Linear
Amp: **shopping for one**
Spkrs: Harbeth M20/M30

Offline chansters

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2010, 11:54 »
sidetrack abit.. for the guys who bot from Tropical Audio.. how did u guys transport the speakers back to spore? esp SHL-5?   

Offline johnfish

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2010, 14:41 »
Fist unbox them & hide those boxes  .Next paste many many masking tape over those harbeth...make it look like worst than trash. Self drove or hire a Cab back from KL-SIN. Tell the custom u found it in the junkyard. ;D ;D ;D
Or do nothing with boxes sealed as new. Self drove or hired Cab back to declare taxes.Either way u dun lose lah " :o :o :o

Offline chansters

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2010, 14:51 »
hah tks... i was more worried if the speakers can fit into the boot of a sedan.  ;D

Offline Jsen

• Diamonds are NOT Forever while Silence is Golden
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2010, 14:55 »
Have any bros tried budget airline before?  ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 15:07 by Jsen »
Dynamics are the essence of how well you can feel the emotions and sentiments from the maestros and what they are trying to propose.

Offline johnfish

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2010, 15:04 »
I shouldn't be worried ,1 box can be left at pax. seat. Unless u planning to bring more than 2 members wif u there. Sam's will be more than happy in giving  some tips & advise on ur taxed items. Tis custom were quite flexible so long u delcared ur item. Is $100 ok for u bro? ;D ;D