Author Topic: What LPs have you just bought?  (Read 426430 times)

Offline naglfar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forever Underground
Re: What LPs have you just bought?
« Reply #435 on: February 13, 2011, 22:15 »
Long time never post in this thread...so here are some new LPs...not exactly easy listening or audiophile stuff  8)

Ihsahn's "After", and Ghost's "Opus Eponymous".

Third solo album from Ihsahn (ex-Emperor). Gatefold white marble 2-LP, very nice! Progressive dark metal with elements like saxophone thrown in, probably the strongest of the trilogy. On the right is Swedish band Ghost's debut under Rise Above Records. A must for any Mercyful Fate fans!

Impiety's new LP "Worshipper of the Seventh Tyranny", and Impaled Nazarene's "Road to the Octagon".

Aura Noir "Hades Rising" and Ascension "Consolamentum".

I just bought Ascension based on 1 track that I sampled off the web...and I am completely blown away with this record. Epic, complex, and sinister. One of the best releases this year for sure, for me.

Bestial Holocaust "Temple Of Damnation" and Black Witchery "Inferno of Sacred Destruction"

Strong contender for the best vinyl cover in my collection!!
Love your music, not your equipment.

Offline kimotherapy

« Reply #436 on: February 14, 2011, 00:29 »
Up for osmore! So tempting to order some metal!!!
Impiety new LP any good?
I still haven't order Immortal Blizzard yet!

Offline naglfar

• Forever Underground
« Reply #437 on: February 14, 2011, 01:08 »
Up for osmore! So tempting to order some metal!!!
Impiety new LP any good?
I still haven't order Immortal Blizzard yet!

Was just listening to the new Impiety. Initial impression quite disappointing - riffs a bit generic sounding, and not as brutal. Just listening to side A, and then started spinning the new Impaled Nazarene. Whoa! Very impressive in all sense - nice production, plenty of catchy riffs, double bass - everything that I like! But Ascension is even more impressive bro. One of the best black metal I've heard in a long time.

Offline weibchen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I refuse to pay retail.
« Reply #438 on: February 17, 2011, 23:01 »
you can rate them.. i bought the billy joel lp..sonics not very impressive though it says 30 years anniversary..
Learning is always fun.

Offline kimotherapy

« Reply #439 on: February 18, 2011, 14:59 »
Was just listening to the new Impiety. Initial impression quite disappointing - riffs a bit generic sounding, and not as brutal. Just listening to side A, and then started spinning the new Impaled Nazarene. Whoa! Very impressive in all sense - nice production, plenty of catchy riffs, double bass - everything that I like! But Ascension is even more impressive bro. One of the best black metal I've heard in a long time.

Bro, now u are tempting me to order Impaled Nazarene and Ascension!! argh!!

Offline naglfar

• Forever Underground
« Reply #440 on: February 18, 2011, 21:39 »
Bro, now u are tempting me to order Impaled Nazarene and Ascension!! argh!!

Bro, I think it's time for you to drop by and have a listen to some metal!!! But seriously, you need to give Ascension a listen. Almost on par with Deathspell Omega...

Offline skfong

• Only The Original
    • SK Fong
« Reply #441 on: March 02, 2011, 10:21 »
signed copy  :P

达明一派 with 石头记

Offline kimotherapy

« Reply #442 on: March 04, 2011, 15:52 »
Bro, I think it's time for you to drop by and have a listen to some metal!!! But seriously, you need to give Ascension a listen. Almost on par with Deathspell Omega...

yeah I know! One day must drop by check out!

Offline misfits666

« Reply #443 on: March 05, 2011, 18:53 »
Back from another business trip from Europe, collected about 50 pcs here and there, satisfied

Offline ical

• Vinyl Kills The MP3 Industry
« Reply #444 on: March 05, 2011, 19:10 »

One thing I wanna ask, so how do u guys search for a particular LP when u wanna listen to it?
How u guys label, care to share your classification and labeling system. Its good to know.

Used to separate them in genre, but some of groups (eg. Porcupine Tree) are impossible to classify. So now I put most of them in alphabetic order except classical, soundtrack, mandarin and others that are easier to catalog.

you can rate them.. i bought the billy joel lp..sonics not very impressive though it says 30 years anniversary..

Not surprised. Sad to say that most of the reissued doesn't sound as good as original even if it's pressed in 45rpm, and worse is they're not cheap too. But there're some reissued from reputable labels like ORG, Speakers Corner, Classic Records(recently closed down) are very well remastered and can even sound better than original. So some research is needed before you rush out to get those reissued.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 22:48 by ical »
P9/ RB1000 | DV-XX2 MkII | PS.30RDT | TecnoWeight | STB-MS/ STB-CM | Clearaudio Matrix | Furutech DF2 | SK-EX | RL30Mk3/ RGC24/ REM8/ RCI3/ RR77 | Isotek Sigmas | CSE RK100 | QC24/ II-40 & nos Tungsol 6550 | SHL5 & Sound Anchor | Solidsteel 5.4 | SCB-RS50G/ TITE35S/ 25MF | Stax 717/ O2Mk1/ 404LE

Offline skfong

• Only The Original
    • SK Fong
« Reply #445 on: March 06, 2011, 00:11 »
guys, why all of you talking 33rpm album and hardly i see or i am the only 1 talking 33/45rpm single on lp?  :P

Offline naglfar

• Forever Underground
« Reply #446 on: March 06, 2011, 01:32 »
Bro ical, I didn't you listen to Electric Wizard. Dopethrone is one heavy, trippy piece of record man! A normal mind cannot simply appreciate this album - must be a bit high before listening to this for optimum enjoyment!  ;)

Anathema's Alternative 4 is coming out soon. Judgement is also out already, it's not bad too. I'm hoping they would re-release Eternity. That is my personal Anathema favourite.

Offline ical

« Reply #447 on: March 06, 2011, 13:13 »
Haha! You're spot on bro! It's a nice album to massage my brain. ;D IMO this is their best album so far.  ;)

I just discovered Anathema. Love these two album so I'm going to get Judgement. Hopefully the rest will be out too.  :D

guys, why all of you talking 33rpm album and hardly i see or i am the only 1 talking 33/45rpm single on lp?  :P

I seldom buy singles now as it's take up too much space. Unless those that I really like. :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 13:16 by ical »
P9/ RB1000 | DV-XX2 MkII | PS.30RDT | TecnoWeight | STB-MS/ STB-CM | Clearaudio Matrix | Furutech DF2 | SK-EX | RL30Mk3/ RGC24/ REM8/ RCI3/ RR77 | Isotek Sigmas | CSE RK100 | QC24/ II-40 & nos Tungsol 6550 | SHL5 & Sound Anchor | Solidsteel 5.4 | SCB-RS50G/ TITE35S/ 25MF | Stax 717/ O2Mk1/ 404LE

Offline naglfar

• Forever Underground
« Reply #448 on: March 07, 2011, 01:10 »

I just discovered Anathema. Love these two album so I'm going to get Judgement. Hopefully the rest will be out too.  :D

Bro you must have discovered Anathema from the Kscope label - same label as Porcupine Tree!

Anathema is a great band which has progress a lot from their earlier doomy days! I quite liked A Natural Disaster, but personally think that A Fine day to Exit was their weakest offering. Do note that there are 2 phases in their career - if you buy anything before Eternity, it's basically doom metal with Darren White on vocals. Their earlier style is much like My Dying Bride. Crestfallen was a classic to me for this era. Darren left, and then guitarist Vince took over the vocal duties. Eternity is a damned good album if you like their atmospheric stuff. You should try to get hold of everything from Eternity onwards!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:13 by naglfar »

Offline ical

« Reply #449 on: March 07, 2011, 11:36 »
Bro you must have discovered Anathema from the Kscope label - same label as Porcupine Tree!

Anathema is a great band which has progress a lot from their earlier doomy days! I quite liked A Natural Disaster, but personally think that A Fine day to Exit was their weakest offering. Do note that there are 2 phases in their career - if you buy anything before Eternity, it's basically doom metal with Darren White on vocals. Their earlier style is much like My Dying Bride. Crestfallen was a classic to me for this era. Darren left, and then guitarist Vince took over the vocal duties. Eternity is a damned good album if you like their atmospheric stuff. You should try to get hold of everything from Eternity onwards!

Bro, you're right! I always like Kscope label, their recording is really good. Thanks for the info! I'll check it out.  ;)