Author Topic: Naim Audio Thread  (Read 175517 times)

Offline naimster

• Trade Count: (0)
    • My system
Re: Naim Audio Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 14:17 »
I think we need to find out more. If could be a case of Naim just raised prices and AS is just giving discounts off the new price. Then it's back to square one.
There’s no point in having great presentation unless you have the content. I’d far rather talk to Einstein on the telephone than talk face to face to a doorman in a hotel. - Julian Vereker, Founder of Naim

Offline mrtan

• Snr Member
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 17:10 »
I think we need to find out more. If could be a case of Naim just raised prices and AS is just giving discounts off the new price. Then it's back to square one.

Highly possible...Anyway i must say that sg prices is relatively higher compared to uk retail price if you do a direct conversion....partly due to the freight and taxes to get it here. So if you wanna know sg retail price, just take uk's retail price x 2 + a few hundred dollars.
Naim N272, XPS-DR, 250DR, PLs and Fraim + Lite
Sopra N1

Offline cstanxpl

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2011, 18:01 »
Think need to minus the VAT charged in UK (20%) then convert to SGD then plus 7% GST (for final cost) then accurate? ???
"With such collusions don't it make you wanna SCREAM?"

"Different folks !!! Different strokes !!!"

Offline xerox

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 02:11 »
Having bought my CDX2 and 282 from them recently. I find AS price for Naim is pretty reasonable with the weak pound the Naim now is more affordable.
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Offline adamsandler

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2011, 11:34 »
Hi, what's your opinion on the 282 pre? I am considering the 282+250+hicap combo.
Verity Parsifal Ovation, Naim 282, 250.5, Hi-cap. Denon DP75 Turntable.

Offline xerox

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2011, 18:50 »
Hi, what's your opinion on the 282 pre? I am considering the 282+250+hicap combo.

Well if you compared it against 202/Super Nait , the 282 sounded less veil and have better PRAT then the 202/Super Nait.
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Offline adamsandler

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2011, 22:37 »
Thanks for the sharing on 282.

What's the sound difference between old series 52 and 135 versus newer black series 283 n 250.2?

Offline naimster

• My system
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2011, 22:58 »
52 is better than 282. 135 is better than 250.2.
There’s no point in having great presentation unless you have the content. I’d far rather talk to Einstein on the telephone than talk face to face to a doorman in a hotel. - Julian Vereker, Founder of Naim

Offline xerox

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2011, 23:10 »
52 is better than 282. 135 is better than 250.2.

To each of it's own.

Offline naimster

• My system
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2011, 23:23 »
To each of it's own.
Different sound yes. But it's mentioned numerous times in Naim forum. 52 is between a 252 and 282. Like wise 135 is between a 300 and 250.2.

Offline xerox

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2011, 23:36 »
For me the sounding is different between Olive and Classic, so i would say it is up to individual. Btw you using all stock Naim cabling?

Offline naimster

• My system
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2011, 23:38 »
For me the sounding is different between Olive and Classic, so i would say it is up to individual. Btw you using all stock Naim cabling?
No. AR Sound Green from cdp-pre and pre-power.

Offline xerox

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2011, 23:44 »
No. AR Sound Green from cdp-pre and pre-power.

How do you find the AR cable as compared to the stock cable? Beside what speaker cable you using? Nac A5? Recently saw this on the net, might be keen to try if i have the time.

http://www.connexaudio.com/naim_interconnects.php

Offline naimster

• My system
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2011, 23:57 »
How do you find the AR cable as compared to the stock cable? Beside what speaker cable you using? Nac A5? Recently saw this on the net, might be keen to try if i have the time.

http://www.connexaudio.com/naim_interconnects.php

A lot better than stock.

For speaker cable, still using NACA5....it's not easy replace this. I have tried and failed.

Offline adamsandler

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 00:06 »
Well, I have arranged for home trial with AS. Will report back on how the 282 n 250.2 combo performs.

What your views on Naim phonostages?