Author Topic: Emotiva Owners  (Read 803924 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Emotiva Owners
« Reply #3225 on: November 27, 2019, 12:39 »
Look forward to feedback from any users who can confirm that bugs are fixed, my confidence on emotiva processor is at an all time Low, close to zero by now... this is the 3rd year running and we are entering 2020 in a month or so, they still have lotsa bugs and issues not fixed ....

Hopefully they pick up and turn things around fast...

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #3226 on: December 02, 2019, 22:12 »
Just checked SpeedPost rates to USA for Standard Air @ $249 for 10-15KGs Fedex more than 2-4 x that but faster. Think I will be taking mine to the USA next trip and send locally....if lucky I can bring the XMC-2 back or have to pay maybe 200+ USD to have it shipped.

Note Emotiva want them shipped in original cartons or unit will not be accepted. Additional missing accessories will be charged for.

I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline transmat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Snr Member
« Reply #3227 on: December 02, 2019, 22:51 »
Just checked SpeedPost rates to USA for Standard Air @ $249 for 10-15KGs Fedex more than 2-4 x that but faster. Think I will be taking mine to the USA next trip and send locally....if lucky I can bring the XMC-2 back or have to pay maybe 200+ USD to have it shipped.

wow.. I'm still waiting for that upgrade email. got to find a way to get the original cartons though. I threw mine away..

Panasonic 65 GZ2000, NAD T778 V3,  Job225, Wyred4Sound MC7150, AppleTV 4K, Clearaudio Performance DC - Ortofon Quintet Black, Lehmann Blackcube SE II, ATC SCM40 v2, ATC C3C, Aerial Acoustics SR3, AG A’Divas, KK DXD808

Offline Gondon72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3228 on: December 05, 2019, 17:26 »
wow.. I'm still waiting for that upgrade email. got to find a way to get the original cartons though. I threw mine away..

if you dont have the original carton you can ask emotiva to send one to you at a cost.

anyway, i really really hope they can resolved most of their issues that people raised in the forum and also bring Dirac live onboard.

Offline MarkWong

« Reply #3229 on: December 19, 2019, 23:18 »
Hi All,
I own a Emotiva PT100. But I've issues with my unit, the DAC is not detected in Windows unless I wait a few hours.
Spoke with Emotiva CS, said they'll try to get a local distributor to assist. But is there a distributor here? Or roughly how much would it cost to send my unit back?

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #3230 on: December 19, 2019, 23:27 »
Hi All,
I own a Emotiva PT100. But I've issues with my unit, the DAC is not detected in Windows unless I wait a few hours.
Spoke with Emotiva CS, said they'll try to get a local distributor to assist. But is there a distributor here? Or roughly how much would it cost to send my unit back?

cheaper to buy a new DAC and probably will sound better too...waste of money to send it anywhere or even consider repair. sorry to say what you wont want to hear.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline MarkWong

« Reply #3231 on: December 19, 2019, 23:51 »
unfortunately, its only two months old :(

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #3232 on: December 20, 2019, 00:01 »
probably all on one board inside so just need that board sent out to you via post and put it in...doubt they fix boards to component level - they never used to in all my years servicing their stuff. KEC was a dealer but that went south. they burned me too. if you get parts sent out ill try to help you affordably

Offline MarkWong

« Reply #3233 on: December 20, 2019, 10:02 »
will try that, thanks for suggestion.
i am screwed too haha dammit.

probably all on one board inside so just need that board sent out to you via post and put it in...doubt they fix boards to component level - they never used to in all my years servicing their stuff. KEC was a dealer but that went south. they burned me too. if you get parts sent out ill try to help you affordably

Offline planet

« Reply #3234 on: February 19, 2020, 20:55 »
Can we order amp direct from Emovtiva website and how much is the shipping charges?

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #3235 on: February 19, 2020, 21:42 »
Email sales@emotiva.com and ask

Don’t forget you have to pay gst on the item and shipping cost total

Offline audioworld2011

« Reply #3236 on: February 27, 2020, 17:01 »
Hi. Any overheating issues for Emotiva amp? I read the forums some mentioned there is overheating issues for the amp. Thanks.

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #3237 on: June 12, 2020, 22:04 »
any opinion on XSP-1 gen 2? I am looking for preamp with HT bypass. Parasound JC2 BP cost a boom, so i am looking for cheaper option.

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #3238 on: June 12, 2020, 23:09 »
Parasound P7 I have does HT bypass. I no longer use it tho as upgraded to other pre

Offline taokoon

« Reply #3239 on: June 30, 2020, 21:43 »
Emotiva UMC-200 and Monitor Audio sub both won’t power on and need to fix the connectors on my XPA 5. Any recommendations on where to head to during this Phase II? Grateful for any guidance and thanks much in advance.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal