Author Topic: Emotiva Owners  (Read 789482 times)

Offline Bongteo

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Emotiva Owners
« Reply #3210 on: October 18, 2019, 12:50 »
no its all models ship here direct.

Maybe we should do a mass ship for all the XMC-1's assuming we have all parts needed to return. Mine is boxed ready to go

That's good suggestion but unfortunately, I thrown my box away already...
HT Atmos setup : LG OLED 65" / NAD T777v3 / Hegel 160 / Emotiva A-5175 / Oppo BDT-101CI / PSB Synchrony 1 / PSB Synchrony 1c / PSB image B15 / Nad D8020 BS / PSB Alpha CLR Atmos Height x4 / Rythmik F12 / Sine SA-6 ME Distributor / Guizhu Rack

Stereo Setup : Hegel 160

Head-Fi : Hifiman 400i

Online wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #3211 on: October 18, 2019, 12:59 »
That's good suggestion but unfortunately, I thrown my box away already...

Thats the one thing I kept of all my Emotiva gear boxes...and my DC-1

I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline Gondon72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3212 on: October 18, 2019, 22:10 »
Anyone has any recommendation for a shipping company that i can engage to ship back xmc-1?

I have no experience on shipping items to oversea before too.  Guess i will have to search around the internet to see what is the cost of shipping the XMC-1 back to USA (hope the cost are not very expensive).

Offline Bongteo

« Reply #3213 on: October 19, 2019, 01:41 »
From emotiva after I email them:

Thank you for your interest in our XMC-2 upgrade program. Our first batch of units have sold out and our next availability will be in November. Please follow the link below to add your information to be notified when our next round of upgrade opens.

https://emotiva.com/collections/processors/products/xmc-1-trade-in-for-xmc-2

Thank you,

Kayla Babcock
Administrative Assistant

Office: 615-790-6754
HT Atmos setup : LG OLED 65" / NAD T777v3 / Hegel 160 / Emotiva A-5175 / Oppo BDT-101CI / PSB Synchrony 1 / PSB Synchrony 1c / PSB image B15 / Nad D8020 BS / PSB Alpha CLR Atmos Height x4 / Rythmik F12 / Sine SA-6 ME Distributor / Guizhu Rack

Stereo Setup : Hegel 160

Head-Fi : Hifiman 400i

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #3214 on: October 19, 2019, 06:59 »
No Dirac Live at the moment

If they need to wait for Dirac to resolve some bugs which prevented them from releasing it while other competitors have no issue... It says a lot about Emotiva commitment and its technical know how on Dirac integration with their hardware. If there is any issue, I doubt Emotiva is able to resolve it at their end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gondon72

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3215 on: October 22, 2019, 16:19 »
If they need to wait for Dirac to resolve some bugs which prevented them from releasing it while other competitors have no issue... It says a lot about Emotiva commitment and its technical know how on Dirac integration with their hardware. If there is any issue, I doubt Emotiva is able to resolve it at their end.

Hope it doesn't needs to send back to usa when dirac live are ready to install.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #3216 on: October 22, 2019, 18:10 »
Hope it doesn't needs to send back to usa when dirac live are ready to install.

I dun think so as it is a software module which can be downloaded. As long as the firmware push down to the AVR works in conjunction with the Dirac Live module is fine.

The problem is end users support thereafter.

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #3217 on: October 22, 2019, 21:05 »
What is the different between xmc2, rmc1l and rmc1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline transmat

« Reply #3218 on: November 22, 2019, 10:56 »
Anybody managed to do the XMC-1 to XMC-2 upgrade program?
Panasonic 65 GZ2000, NAD T778 V3,  Job225, Wyred4Sound MC7150, AppleTV 4K, Clearaudio Performance DC - Ortofon Quintet Black, Lehmann Blackcube SE II, ATC SCM40 v2, ATC C3C, Aerial Acoustics SR3, AG A’Divas, KK DXD808

Offline Gondon72

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3219 on: November 22, 2019, 11:11 »
Anybody managed to do the XMC-1 to XMC-2 upgrade program?

not me..I am still monitoring their firmware update progress.  Seems like the new firmware still having issues.

Offline haxyer

« Reply #3220 on: November 22, 2019, 14:54 »
I bought my XPA direct and used my 11B for military discount. Also its weird that if you order custom build, they don't charge shipping

Offline transmat

« Reply #3221 on: November 23, 2019, 09:16 »
not me..I am still monitoring their firmware update progress.  Seems like the new firmware still having issues.

Ah ok.. hope they resolve it soon.. waiting for the next upgrade email. Wasn't able to book for a set the last couple of times.
Panasonic 65 GZ2000, NAD T778 V3,  Job225, Wyred4Sound MC7150, AppleTV 4K, Clearaudio Performance DC - Ortofon Quintet Black, Lehmann Blackcube SE II, ATC SCM40 v2, ATC C3C, Aerial Acoustics SR3, AG A’Divas, KK DXD808

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #3222 on: November 27, 2019, 08:38 »
Ah ok.. hope they resolve it soon.. waiting for the next upgrade email. Wasn't able to book for a set the last couple of times.

I’d play the waiting game if I were u, don’t jump into something that has teething issues, it’s a pain. Lookout for comments from users on forums, don’t just read the reviews online or read too much into the specs

I waited for this other model RMC-1 since 2016 end, (supposedly flagship), waited and waited nothing got fixed for a solid 2 years, it says a lot about the technical know how

They are good for amplifiers, but processor avr stuff, u might wanna check it it to be absolutely sure

So far from how I look at it... with emotiva, the wait is forever...next thing u know, we have RMC-2 or RMC-3, but hey, how about RMC-1 issues?? Are they fixed ??

In short, forever is just the beginning... that’s how it is from my experience

Source around for info, better still, audition it, don’t just buy or upgrade based on some website reviews

Offline transmat

« Reply #3223 on: November 27, 2019, 09:07 »
I know what you mean. Thanks for highlighting that point. Will wait and see :)

Online wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #3224 on: November 27, 2019, 10:44 »
I might send one of mine back soon...but undecided on the option to get ... most likely will be XMC-2 if the bugs get sorted soon.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal