Author Topic: 'Minority Report' DVD two years in making  (Read 4945 times)

Offline Tyler_Durden

• Trade Count: (0)
'Minority Report' DVD two years in making
« on: September 18, 2002, 11:54 »
http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=upsell_article&articleID=VR1117872916&categoryID=13&cs=1

HOLLYWOOD -- Although "Minority Report" was just released to theaters a few months ago, the DVD version of Steven Spielberg's summer action hit starring Tom Cruise has been in the works for nearly two years.
In what is becoming more common on major theatrical productions, Spielberg's Video Premiere Award-winning DVD producer Laurent Bouzereau (Universal's "The Birds") was given full access to the set of "Minority Report" from the first day of filming. Bouzereau chronicled the production shooting hundreds of hours of high-def video that results in more than an hour of featurettes on specific areas of filmmaking that include original interviews with Spielberg, Cruise and a handful of other Academy Award-winning filmmakers.

DreamWorks will release "Minority Report" on DVD and VHS on Dec. 17, backed by a multimillion-dollar marketing campaign. Part of that campaign involves a cross-promotion with Activision, which is releasing a videogame version of the movie that will include a trailer for the DVD. Likewise, a trailer for the videogame will be featured on the DVD.

Offline FookLai

• survivng with bare system
Re:'Minority Report' DVD two years in making
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 13:27 »
http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=upsell_article&articleID=VR1117872916&categoryID=13&cs=1

HOLLYWOOD -- Although "Minority Report" was just released to theaters a few months ago, the DVD version of Steven Spielberg's summer action hit starring Tom Cruise has been in the works for nearly two years.
In what is becoming more common on major theatrical productions, Spielberg's Video Premiere Award-winning DVD producer Laurent Bouzereau (Universal's "The Birds") was given full access to the set of "Minority Report" from the first day of filming. Bouzereau chronicled the production shooting hundreds of hours of high-def video that results in more than an hour of featurettes on specific areas of filmmaking that include original interviews with Spielberg, Cruise and a handful of other Academy Award-winning filmmakers.

DreamWorks will release "Minority Report" on DVD and VHS on Dec. 17, backed by a multimillion-dollar marketing campaign. Part of that campaign involves a cross-promotion with Activision, which is releasing a videogame version of the movie that will include a trailer for the DVD. Likewise, a trailer for the videogame will be featured on the DVD.

Let's hope it will be one of the reference discs....

Offline porcu

• Day in Day out, DVD!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 14:26 »
impressive!  :D

Offline Norman_Chan

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2002, 16:56 »
Have not seen this show yet ... is it good ???

Offline ntuc

• Old liao
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2002, 22:36 »
saw from somewhere that it will be a 2 disc set and has DTS.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2002, 00:11 by ntuc »

Offline Tyler_Durden

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2002, 23:21 »
So far, it is the best film for year 2002.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2002, 23:22 by Tyler_Durden »

Offline ntuc

• Old liao
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2002, 13:51 »

Offline bobafett81

• NTU
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2002, 14:15 »
Wah!!!!!

Me drooling liaoz.....

Merry Christmas To All
On XtremePlace.com!

Jerry

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2002, 14:37 »
So far, it is the best film for year 2002.

I dun think u have seen all films this year to warrant this kinda judgement. Minority Report is one of the best films of the year, but definitely not the best among the crop. I think LOTR: The Two Towers will be much better.

Offline nicekit

• I'm NOT a llama! Are u a llama?
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2002, 16:09 »

I dun think u have seen all films this year to warrant this kinda judgement. Minority Report is one of the best films of the year, but definitely not the best among the crop. I think LOTR: The Two Towers will be much better.

i dun quite enjoy LOTR 1

first of all
- movie too long.. and draggy
- the storyline abit naive.. and extremely predictable * didn't read the novel*
- most expensive movie that i saw last year..
cuz i watch around 9.15 ended 12 something and no nightrider.. end up taking cab home *midnight charge:(

i only enjoy liz taylor summoning the element

Jerry

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2002, 16:42 »

i dun quite enjoy LOTR 1

first of all
- movie too long.. and draggy
- the storyline abit naive.. and extremely predictable * didn't read the novel*
- most expensive movie that i saw last year..
cuz i watch around 9.15 ended 12 something and no nightrider.. end up taking cab home *midnight charge:(

i only enjoy liz taylor summoning the element

there r a lotta fantasy fans out there who really like LOTR. If u r not particularly into that genre, then of coz u won't like it.
I think there r a lot of good films this year, namely Insomnia, Road To Petition, Spiderman, and soon to be released Martin Scorcese's Gangs Of New York (starring Leo DeCaprio, Daniel Day Lewis), Catch Me If You Can (Tom Hanks + Leo DeCaprio + Steven Spielberg), Chicago The Musical ( Catherine Zeta Jones, Renee Zellweger, Richard Gere), Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, etc.

hifi1

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2002, 17:00 »
Hi
For me never like to use words like 'the best' etc etc cos everyone has their own cup of tea.  Even "reference' class dvds are like audiophile cds, some like the content and some don't.  And I look forward to all these new releases and pray the good old trusty Northern manufacturers keep them coming.
Cheers to good movies.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: 'Minority Report' DVD two years in making
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2019, 20:02 »
I just re-watched this movie in the afternoon and I am still impressed by how good the story line was...I can't believe it is coming to almost 18 years! The effects still looks good but not cheesy.

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
Re: 'Minority Report' DVD two years in making
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2019, 20:06 »
I've MR in both r4 PAL and r1 NTSC release. Luckily not much issues after 10+yrs of keeping.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal