Author Topic: Astin Trew Owner's Thread  (Read 149812 times)

Offline Jsen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Diamonds are NOT Forever while Silence is Golden
Astin Trew Owner's Thread
« on: October 11, 2009, 16:01 »
As of the above mentioned, is there active user out there? As far as I can see, there is not much comments on their products. So if you own any of them, do come forward to write your opinion. Thanks
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 17:05 by Jsen »
Dynamics are the essence of how well you can feel the emotions and sentiments from the maestros and what they are trying to propose.

Offline bwonk

• Snr Member
Re: Astintrew Owner
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 20:19 »
Hi

I owned both the At 3500 CDP & AT 2000 (Upgraded to Plus version) Integrated Amp paired with Proac Response 1.5  :o.

Never look back since then.

In my opinion, these bugger is hell of a equipment and it beats many High priced monster.....

Great Sounding & I enjoy every piece of music now.

The darkside : NAS Spacedeck Turntable and ASR Basis MK II Phono Amp.
Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 21:53 by bwonk »

Offline lippy

• Snr Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 21:42 »
I am considering the AT3000 CDP. Left a good impression. Need to audition again for its clarity and details as I will listen at low vol. What are you purchasing?

Offline cayinist

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 22:26 »
the feature to turn off the upsampling is useful.

Offline stephen chung

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 22:27 »
I am considering the AT3000 CDP. Left a good impression. Need to audition again for its clarity and details as I will listen at low vol. What are you purchasing?

Should go for the AT 3500 plus..

Offline cayinist

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 22:31 »
Had to google this 'plus' version..   ;D

Astin Trew AT 3500 plus
AT 3500 CD Player with valve output buffer

The plus version includes super pure single crystal copper internal cabling and damping components bonded to many of the I.C.'s on the DAC board. This upgrade offers greater focus and transparency, tighter bass and lower noise floor without losing the AT3500's natural tonality and analogue sounding musicality. The AT3500plus is supplied with a manufacturer's certificate showing it to be an authorised Astin Trew upgrade. The small additional cost makes it a winning value-for-money upgrade.

Offline bwonk

• Snr Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 22:45 »

Had to google this 'plus' version..   ;D

Astin Trew AT 3500 plus
AT 3500 CD Player with valve output buffer

The plus version includes super pure single crystal copper internal cabling and damping components bonded to many of the I.C.'s on the DAC board. This upgrade offers greater focus and transparency, tighter bass and lower noise floor without losing the AT3500's natural tonality and analogue sounding musicality. The AT3500plus is supplied with a manufacturer's certificate showing it to be an authorised Astin Trew upgrade. The small additional cost makes it a winning value-for-money upgrade.

In my opinion the AT3500 Plus has more depth and details.....
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:27 by bwonk »

Offline Jsen

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 14:19 »
So guys, which type (RCA or XLR) of ic do you employ between the amp & cdp? Currently I'm using RCA between my amp & tpt. I'm not sure if the XLR will give great difference in sound? Thanks for your feedback.
Dynamics are the essence of how well you can feel the emotions and sentiments from the maestros and what they are trying to propose.

francis woo

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 14:46 »
Bro, why don't u get a pair of XLR and try it.  Nothing beats hearing it on your own set up and environment..... ::)
I can loan you the Audioquest cable to try if you want.  Collection at Bugis though............... :P

Offline Jsen

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 16:42 »
Bro, why don't u get a pair of XLR and try it.  Nothing beats hearing it on your own set up and environment..... ::)
I can loan you the Audioquest cable to try if you want.  Collection at Bugis though............... :P

Errr, I wish I could bro but nevertheless, thanks for your kind offer.. My current tpt does not support XLR but my amp does. I'm in a cross road whether to go full balance or stay unbalance.  :-\ But if I do go balance, I'll sure meet you up to loan your cable. Cheers.

Offline lippy

• Snr Member
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 17:27 »
In my opinion the AT3500 Plus has more depth and details.....

unfortunately that is beyond budget..

Offline Jsen

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 17:53 »
Well, I was told that Astintrew will be producing a balance-output cdp soon. Perhaps those interested can start to save for the newer cdp.  :) Cheers.

Offline bwonk

• Snr Member
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 09:53 »
unfortunately that is beyond budget..

At 3500 CDP is more than enough...........The Plus version is additional, can be upgraded in the future!

Cheers!

Offline cayinist

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 09:57 »
hey guys, just wondering - is upsampling impt?  The AT3500 upsampling is 'only' 24 bits / 96 kHz. 

Offline Jsen

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 11:17 »
At 3500 CDP is more than enough...........The Plus version is additional, can be upgraded in the future!

Cheers!

Got to agree with bro bwonk although I didnt use the AT3500 cpd. :)