Author Topic: Marantz Owner's thread - stereo products only  (Read 220185 times)

Offline yongkg

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Marantz Owner's thread - stereo products only
« Reply #525 on: October 20, 2015, 19:22 »
bro, if you free today, do come over to have a listen.
i will A/B test 3 players..
1) OPPO 103D
2) MARANTZ UD7007
3) MARANTZ SA8005

then u can listen to the difference.
can make your decision from this A/B test..
 :D

Hi Bro Cash,

Thank you so much for your invite. But I could not be there due to work commitment.
Do you like the new sound of the SA8005 ?

Offline CASH

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Cash-96660233, Pasir Ris St 21, Blk 236, S(510236)
    • My Hi-Fi and H/T Set Up
« Reply #526 on: October 21, 2015, 00:23 »
no worries bro....
yes, the SA8005 has definitely got my ears..
but i would love to see more bro's to have a listen to it in a friendly environment...
n that is my place...
be it good or bad,,,,
cheers!! 8)
I LIKE EM, MEATY, THICK AND ROUND!!!!
Cash-96660233, Pasir Ris St 21, Blk 236, S(510236)
http://www.hraudio.net/library.php?user=11189

Offline MusicEar

« Reply #527 on: October 22, 2015, 12:13 »
I've been using Marantz SA-14S1 SACD/CD/USB DAC player for 2 years now and I love every bit it sounded. Recently I hooked up a NUC MusicServer via USB input and start playing back via my NAS using Roon. Tidal lossless streaming is CD quality breathing new life into old player
Holo Spring NOS R2R level 2 DAC | Holo Audio Titanis USB Regen | ROON ROCK on ZOTAC fanless PC | Seagate PersonalCloud 4TB NAS |KECES dual linear power supply for Roon ROCK and NAS | VTL 2.5i pre & VTL MB-125 monoblock tube power amps | Dynaudio Contour 1.8mk2 floorstanding speakers | Taralabs Reference Gen mk2 audio interconnects | Alpha Goertz MI-3 speakers cables & Chord Silverplus USB cable | W-Audio power distributor terminated with WattGate plugs | Auralic Aries Mini as Endpoint |

Offline Epicure2

« Reply #528 on: October 31, 2015, 14:58 »
Dear Forum members,

Any good $2K Marantz Integrated to recommend for bookshelves Dynaudio Speakers.   Lost touch with this brand for a long time.  Used to own a Marantz 1070 those day and loving it.  Thanks and appreciate your time.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 15:09 by Epicure2 »

Offline Jeremy1

« Reply #529 on: October 31, 2015, 15:28 »
My SA15S1 having problem again. This is the 3rd time liao.

Thinking of getting a new player instead of spending $$$ on servicing again. The just recent one which is during March this year cost me 400 bucks.

Now looking at other brands preferable top loading.

Online petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
« Reply #530 on: October 31, 2015, 15:54 »
Dear Forum members,

Any good $2K Marantz Integrated to recommend for bookshelves Dynaudio Speakers.   Lost touch with this brand for a long time.  Used to own a Marantz 1070 those day and loving it.  Thanks and appreciate your time.

The Dynaudio speakers like power - what speakers are they? Good to be specific..
2k will buy you a PM 8005 easily, or look for 2nd hand PM 15 and higher up. But auditions are needed to see if the sound suits you. There aren't that many models so you can bring your speakers to the shop and listen for yourself. Cheers
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2020/02/my-setup-22020.html

Offline Epicure2

« Reply #531 on: October 31, 2015, 17:25 »
The Dynaudio speakers like power - what speakers are they? Good to be specific..
2k will buy you a PM 8005 easily, or look for 2nd hand PM 15 and higher up. But auditions are needed to see if the sound suits you. There aren't that many models so you can bring your speakers to the shop and listen for yourself. Cheers

Thanks for the quick response.  It's an old model Dynaudio Audience 52SE.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 17:39 by Epicure2 »

Online petetherock

« Reply #532 on: October 31, 2015, 18:39 »
The older ones are actually harder to drive, but a decent stereo amp from Marantz can.. whether it's to your satisfaction... ;)
The better ones will double their power into 4 ohms, which is where the 52 SE dwells...

FYI, I ran my old 52 with a SR 19 reference AVR, and it shut down... even in two channel only.

As I said, try before you buy... :)

My gear:

Offline Epicure2

« Reply #533 on: November 01, 2015, 15:04 »
The older ones are actually harder to drive, but a decent stereo amp from Marantz can.. whether it's to your satisfaction... ;)
The better ones will double their power into 4 ohms, which is where the 52 SE dwells...

FYI, I ran my old 52 with a SR 19 reference AVR, and it shut down... even in two channel only.

As I said, try before you buy... :)

If that is so, I think it is better to switch over to Proac Studio 100 and I think the Marantz is a good match.  Your opinion is appreciated.

Online petetherock

« Reply #534 on: November 01, 2015, 15:59 »
Sorry bro, I don't have any experience with that brand. Again, I will suggest an audition. Since you already owned the 52SE, just bring it to any shop with the Marantz amps.

My gear:

Offline Epicure2

« Reply #535 on: November 01, 2015, 17:08 »
Thank You petetherock.  I will look around at Adelphi and Jay Audio to check it out.  As for speakers, Proac and Totem is still my choice. 

Offline limsze

« Reply #536 on: January 19, 2016, 16:36 »
Plan to buy a Marantz CD/SACD player to replaced old CD6004. Recently played more of PC music, PC high resolution music files to USB DAC than CD Disk. I am looking for player that has equally good sounding for disc and computer music file playback, at least quite close. Any owner of SA8005, SA14s1 and SA11s3 could share their experience on comparing playing CD/SACD versus USB-DAC on the same player? If that is achievable, just have to buy a better player instead of a player and a USB DAC.

Online petetherock

« Reply #537 on: March 27, 2016, 00:20 »
New mini-sized amp, 35w 8ohms, 70w into 4ohms...
http://www.us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HiFiComponents&SubCatId=0&ProductId=HDAMP1

HD-AMP1 Digital Integrated Amplifier

Housed in an elegant compact chassis that occupies just over 1 square foot of desktop or shelf space, the HD-AMP1 digital integrated amplifier features high resolution D/A conversion and compatibility with a wide range of uncompressed high resolution audio formats, including WAV, ALAC, FLAC and AIFF, and is also capable of decoding DSD tracks with compatibility of all 3 DSD sampling frequencies - 2.6/5.2/11.2-MHz (DSD is the audio format of SACD).
The powerful digital amplifier section features cool-running wide bandwidth and wide dynamic range Class D audiophile amplifier technology, delivering 35 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 70 watts per channel into 4 ohms, providing compatibility with the widest range of speaker types and impedances.
Featuring 2 USB ports, 1 on the front and 1 on the back, the HD-AMP1 lets you connect your favorite iDevice or USB drive to the front panel USB port, and your PC or Mac to the rear panel USB-B port to stream your high resolution audio tracks, and it features advanced noise isolation to guard against digital noise from degrading the high resolution sound.
Equipped with Marantz Musical Digital Filtering, our proprietary DSP filter technology, the HD-AMP1 lets you choose from 2 digital filter algorithms so you can precisely tailor the sound to your liking. The reference-class ESS SABRE DAC features 32-bit/384-kHz decoding for the highest resolution and widest dynamic range with today's advanced audiophile hi-res tracks.
The analog sections feature our exclusive HDAM-SA2 modules, including the analog front end block, the D/A converter block and in the dedicated headphone amplifier block.
There are 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital inputs, along with 2 analog inputs, so you can connect the widest range of source components.

The elegant chassis features a solid brushed aluminum front panel along with luxurious woodtone side panels.[/q]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 00:23 by petetherock »

My gear:

Online petetherock

My gear:

Offline kimurastanley

« Reply #539 on: May 09, 2016, 18:13 »

Doing AB testing with these equipments now

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal