Author Topic: Marantz Owner's thread - stereo products only  (Read 220182 times)

Offline poh1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Marantz Owner's thread - stereo products only
« Reply #390 on: July 24, 2014, 23:15 »
Is there anyone using UD7007?

Mind share with me on how is the SQ in cd

::)

Offline kzone

« Reply #391 on: July 24, 2014, 23:23 »
Is there anyone using UD7007?

Mind share with me on how is the SQ in cd

::)

u can pm bro Cash if he doesn't reply here. I heard it at his place, like it much better than oppo 95/105. (in different setups) never had the chance to compare both in the same system.

Offline CASH

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Cash-96660233, Pasir Ris St 21, Blk 236, S(510236)
    • My Hi-Fi and H/T Set Up
« Reply #392 on: July 24, 2014, 23:37 »
tomoro morning at 8am i am goin overseas..
sunday i will be back from my overseas trip (early morning i will be back..)
i stay in pasir ris st 21, blk 236, S(510236)
if u r interested u can come down to listen to the UD7007..
for stereo, its connected via XLR to parasound p5 pre-amp...
for home theatre, its connected via hdmi to onkyo 5010...
HP-96660233-Cash...
but don't sms me, from now until sunday morning...thanks...
cheers!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 23:40 by CASH »
I LIKE EM, MEATY, THICK AND ROUND!!!!
Cash-96660233, Pasir Ris St 21, Blk 236, S(510236)
http://www.hraudio.net/library.php?user=11189

Offline poh1

• Snr Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #393 on: July 25, 2014, 06:42 »
Thank to bro Kzone and bro cash.

Offline pokingpine

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #394 on: August 16, 2014, 13:40 »
Thanks for the response. Bought the sa ki out of folly. Am using CD3t n dac3.5vb of belcanto for quite sometime. I agree with n I was quite impressed with the sacd performance. I just find the output level too low on the pearl. My main source has always been vinyl tho my CD collection exceeds 2000 pcs. Sacds only a handful of probably less than 40 pcs

Offline lkypeter

• So much more to discover in classical music
    • Politics Economics Business Altruism Music Singapore
« Reply #395 on: August 17, 2014, 01:39 »
Have the SA11S2 for a few years. It uses a proprietary FPGA instead of general purpose chips like those from AD, ESS, TI because the latter is produced in the millions therefore the low cost. FPGA does not = better sound or quality. Teac esoteric is also moving out of FPGA to stock chips in their new line up.

Maybe a late reply but as I have been using both SA-KI Pearl and PM-KI Pearl for quite a long time. This is probably the strongest case of audio related purchase that illustrates money well spent. To be more specific, the SA-KI Pearl offers superb SACD and CD playback capability that in some cases surpasses that of SA-11S2 (the older reference model with different DAC). It comes with two selectable filters, my preference being on filter 2 for both SACD and CD. This player comes with DAC capability, a basic one. The only choice you have is sending signal offer Toslink that is limited to 24/96. I did this for quite some time to get rid of buzz/hum from Starhub set top box and as a temporary receiver for my HTPC.

The player really shines when playing DSD layer on SACD. Having previously owned the EMM Labs combo, I would say for the price you are paying for, SA-KI Pearl is well worth the money. However, in light of its rarity and relatively high price for this gear, I would still suggest you get the higher end SA-11S3 or the DAC only NA-11S1.
http://lkypeter.blogspot.com
Gradient Revolution MarkIV Active Speakers,Ayon Stealth DAC,SoTM SMS200,NanoTech Golden Strada#301powercables,Synology1817+NAS,MacMiniCore2DUO8GB,YamahaRVX3067,SonyBDPS790,DenonX4000,PioneerBDP180

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #396 on: August 17, 2014, 08:05 »
Have the SA11S2 for a few years. It uses a proprietary FPGA instead of general purpose chips like those from AD, ESS, TI because the latter is produced in the millions therefore the low cost. FPGA does not = better sound or quality. Teac esoteric is also moving out of FPGA to stock chips in their new line up.

Actually Peter, the SA-11S2 uses off-the-shelf DAC chips, not FPGAs. In typical Japanese fashion, they use domestic Japanese suppliers, in this case the Seiko NPC SM5866AS (it's even listed on Marantz' product page itself - http://www.marantz.jp/jp/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?Catid=HiFi&SubCatId=SACDCDPlayer&ProductId=SA11S2… click on the [特長・機能] tab (Features & Functionality) :)

Similarly, Esoteric has always typically used Asahi Kasei Microdevices (AKM) chips, I don’t recall them ever using FPGAs.
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline pokingpine

« Reply #397 on: August 18, 2014, 19:05 »
Maybe a late reply but as I have been using both SA-KI Pearl and PM-KI Pearl for quite a long time. This is probably the strongest case of audio related purchase that illustrates money well spent. To be more specific, the SA-KI Pearl offers superb SACD and CD playback capability that in some cases surpasses that of SA-11S2 (the older reference model with different DAC). It comes with two selectable filters, my preference being on filter 2 for both SACD and CD. This player comes with DAC capability, a basic one. The only choice you have is sending signal offer Toslink that is limited to 24/96. I did this for quite some time to get rid of buzz/hum from Starhub set top box and as a temporary receiver for my HTPC.

The player really shines when playing DSD layer on SACD. Having previously owned the EMM Labs combo, I would say for the price you are paying for, SA-KI Pearl is well worth the money. However, in light of its rarity and relatively high price for this gear, I would still suggest you get the higher end SA-11S3 or the DAC only NA-11S1.
I'm unlikely to go any further on digital n sacd player unless times comes for upgrading technology.

Frankly, I hardly play cds or sacds though I listen to music  for hours a couple times a week on vinyl. Hence, I might just get rid of the pearl soon someday.

Offline Epicure2

« Reply #398 on: August 19, 2014, 13:42 »
You can call to check the service charge...

Singapore Service Center
Address:
TRINITY AV SERVICES
19 Jalan Kilang Barat, Acetech Centre, #03-06, Singapore 159361
Tel : +65-6273-7955 Fax : +65-6273-9455
E-Mail: trinityavservices@live.com

Opening Hours:
Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 6pm
Saturday, 9:30am - 12pm
Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays

Offline annapurna

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #399 on: September 21, 2014, 12:49 »
A friend who is a newbie is has a budget of about 5k to spend on a marantz sacd player, amp and a pair of speakers.   Any folks here has a good recomendation on which Marantz combo to get?
SME20/12 V12 arm, Clearaudio Titanium V2, Pass XP27 Phono, Marantz SA10, CD7, NA11S1, Pass XP22 Pre, Gryphon Mephisto, Sonus Faber Lilium, Kimber PK10 Palladian, Shunyata Alpha Zitron & Yter PC, Yter XLR, bi-wire spkr cables, Nordost Tyr phono cables, PurePower PP+ 3000  Regenerator, TAOC ASR2, Furutech GTX-D NCF(R)

Offline Wenda

« Reply #400 on: September 21, 2014, 13:54 »
Get the SA8005 along with a used PM-KI or a used PM-11S2. The combo would cost about 3K, leaving an extra 2K for speakers and interconnect. However, I can suggest an alternative combo that I have been using: source for below 1K (the SA8005 is pushing this budget) then get a cheap used integrated amp with excellent sound such as C.E.C AMP3800 that I am still using (< 600 bucks). It's essentially BMC Audio on a super budget.

Offline petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
« Reply #401 on: September 21, 2014, 14:56 »
The PM11 used available on the forum is a good base. Add a used totem arro or MA speaker and add the SA 8005 as mentioned.
But if he can stretch it the NA 11 is nice too.
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2020/02/my-setup-22020.html

Offline annapurna

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #402 on: September 21, 2014, 18:23 »
Thanks Wenda and Pete for the recommendations.  My friend went down a Marantz dealer and was recommended the following combination - Marantz PM15S2, SA14S1 and Elac speakers.  I think the Elac speakers will be out of  his budget if he is following this combination.  So buying used and new as per your advice would make sense.  Marantz NA11S1 is definitely out of his budget :) Which would be a good dealer to buy Marantz?
SME20/12 V12 arm, Clearaudio Titanium V2, Pass XP27 Phono, Marantz SA10, CD7, NA11S1, Pass XP22 Pre, Gryphon Mephisto, Sonus Faber Lilium, Kimber PK10 Palladian, Shunyata Alpha Zitron & Yter PC, Yter XLR, bi-wire spkr cables, Nordost Tyr phono cables, PurePower PP+ 3000  Regenerator, TAOC ASR2, Furutech GTX-D NCF(R)

Offline mystream

• To each his own
« Reply #403 on: September 21, 2014, 18:49 »
You can call Jay Audio.
Best Regards

Offline Goldberg

• Enjoy your music for yourself & not others.
« Reply #404 on: September 21, 2014, 19:45 »
Marantz also has a lower model NA-8005 for those on a budget and does not want spend too much on NA-11.
Marantz SA-7S1 (Reference SACD Player)
Marantz NA-11S1 (DAC/Reference Network Player)
Marantz SC-7S2 (Reference Pre)
Karan Acoustics KAS400 (Stereo Dual Mono Power Amp)
Focal Scala Utopia (Speakers)
NBS & Siltech (Cables)
Jade Audio IsoGen2 (Isolation Footers)
PLixir BAC Elementa 2500 (Power Conditioner)
NBS Mine (Power Conditioner)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal