Author Topic: Power Cable Recommendations for Classé Int. Amplifier  (Read 2598 times)

Offline birdie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Power Cable Recommendations for Classé Int. Amplifier
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2020, 09:29 »
I have a used but in excellent condition Sine S30A for sale if you are keen.

Offline xllms

• Snr Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2020, 11:39 »
Tip: if you’re keen, contact them to see if they still have the EOL older Elementa series. I bought mine new “old stock” under their EOL promo. Good value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am ruling out the Plixir option at the moment as this system is not in SG. Likewise for any new or used purchases within SG for now. Greatly appreciate the advice and offers.
FAD lab1 | FAD heaven s | BLON bl03 | SABBAT e12 | APPLE airpods
APPLE mac mini + LKS dual ess9018 dac(mod) + iFi itube + CLASSE cap80 + RAIDHO x-1
NAIM mu-so qb

Offline ralfale

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2020, 22:58 »
Iirc plixir ship overseas too. They do a fair bit of overseas orders.

Offline InnocentBlood

• Trade Count: (+4)
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Offline xllms

• Snr Member
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2020, 20:09 »
if your budget allows, you could also consider a power re-generator, like the ones made by PS Audio. I think the entry level model is about SGD3K:

https://sg.carousell.com/p/ps-audio-stella-p3-regenerator-227795939/?t-id=4038835_1587367632743&t-referrer_browse_type=search_results&t-referrer_request_id=ERlVoUAwDq8YRWux&t-referrer_search_query=ps%20audio%20stella&t-referrer_sort_by=popular

thanks for sharing. Yes, for long term this may be an option which I am considering at the moment. Hence, one step at a time, will start upgrading the wall socket to test the effect, before considering an upgrade of the power conditioner/re-generator and subsequently cables.
APPLE mac mini + LKS dual ess9018 dac(mod) + iFi itube + CLASSE cap80 + RAIDHO x-1
NAIM mu-so qb

Offline jtsamarinda

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2020, 09:39 »
I would do upgrades of any cable in moderation.
Sit down and question yourself, if I were to throw that cable and sell it to a karang guni man will he offer you $5
for it?.
In the HiFi world of made believe most Audiophiles are Suckers.
It's all in the mine. I have a customer who demanded that I get for him the most expensive cables. Not a $40 one but a few hundred dollar pieces.
Cause he thinks that the higher the price of cable the better it is.
You got Morons who spend $23K per half meter on a power cable. Yes! $23K.
Just one length what about the other equipment?. Don't they deserve power cables like that? I would spend on a new equipment than on cables.
Being Neutral without seeing or paying the best is a Blind test between cables or any other( Can be those footers or any high price gimmicks) That will settle the matter. Go on to YouTube there are a lot on these topics.
Understand Science electrics how cables behave.
I do not say there is no difference, there is. The simple test get a length of Black/Red cord cable (20 cents/meter)
Get length of Hifi cables. The sound change is so obvious the cord cable is so Bass heavy( Good for old school boy speakers) compared to the HiFi cable.
Do not go over board or be a Sucker, spend at a moderate level at a price point everything above that has diminishing returns.
Watch below on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoVixorZTDM

Happy Listening Stay Safe.

Offline Boxerfan88

• Life begins at 7000rpm
Power Cable Recommendations for Classé Int. Amplifier
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2020, 12:23 »
Yeah,  should do a A-B test with 1kW electric kettle power cord. If the kettle PC sound the same or better, then you know what to do...

Having said that, there is merit to well made shielded PC, as it would reduce radiation during peak current demand. The radiation can potentially be picked up at the line level interconnects; or poorly shielded source(s) / pre-amp.

I don’t do phono, but for those who do, it becomes even more important because of the super low voltages of the cartridges.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 12:26 by Boxerfan88 »
Soekris dac1541 | DA&T A38  | Usher MD2+X616 | Orisun DD12 | Samsung PS50B850 | Elementa BAC 2500 |
Yammy RXA3030 | RPi4+LibreElec | BDP-S5100 | PC+foobar2000 | Chromecast

Offline xllms

• Snr Member
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2020, 13:28 »
I would do upgrades of any cable in moderation.
Sit down and question yourself, if I were to throw that cable and sell it to a karang guni man will he offer you $5
for it?.
In the HiFi world of made believe most Audiophiles are Suckers.
It's all in the mine. I have a customer who demanded that I get for him the most expensive cables. Not a $40 one but a few hundred dollar pieces.
Cause he thinks that the higher the price of cable the better it is.
You got Morons who spend $23K per half meter on a power cable. Yes! $23K.
Just one length what about the other equipment?. Don't they deserve power cables like that? I would spend on a new equipment than on cables.
Being Neutral without seeing or paying the best is a Blind test between cables or any other( Can be those footers or any high price gimmicks) That will settle the matter. Go on to YouTube there are a lot on these topics.
Understand Science electrics how cables behave.
I do not say there is no difference, there is. The simple test get a length of Black/Red cord cable (20 cents/meter)
Get length of Hifi cables. The sound change is so obvious the cord cable is so Bass heavy( Good for old school boy speakers) compared to the HiFi cable.
Do not go over board or be a Sucker, spend at a moderate level at a price point everything above that has diminishing returns.
Watch below on YouTube

Happy Listening Stay Safe.

Trying to do that and have upgrades one step at a time. Reading up certainly helps to widen my horizons and go deeper into this hobby. Thank you for the wise words and you too, stay safe.
NAIM mu-so qb

Offline xllms

• Snr Member
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2020, 13:36 »
Yeah,  should do a A-B test with 1kW electric kettle power cord. If the kettle PC sound the same or better, then you know what to do...

Having said that, there is merit to well made shielded PC, as it would reduce radiation during peak current demand. The radiation can potentially be picked up at the line level interconnects; or poorly shielded source(s) / pre-amp.

I don’t do phono, but for those who do, it becomes even more important because of the super low voltages of the cartridges.

Did A-B test on 3 cables, rice cooker power cable, a fake furutech cable and the acoustics synergy monster powerline 400 signature. The acoustics synergy cable is day and night difference to the other 2.
NAIM mu-so qb

Offline Boxerfan88

• Life begins at 7000rpm
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2020, 14:09 »
Did A-B test on 3 cables, rice cooker power cable, a fake furutech cable and the acoustics synergy monster powerline 400 signature. The acoustics synergy cable is day and night difference to the other 2.

Well done! You've found a cable that you like.
Soekris dac1541 | DA&T A38  | Usher MD2+X616 | Orisun DD12 | Samsung PS50B850 | Elementa BAC 2500 |

Offline ryanchong

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2020, 15:58 »
wow u just dispelled the cable snake oil argument! Congrats...

Offline xllms

• Snr Member
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2020, 20:51 »
Well done! You've found a cable that you like.

Actually am trying to upgrade from this cable 😂
NAIM mu-so qb

Offline xllms

• Snr Member
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2020, 20:57 »
wow u just dispelled the cable snake oil argument! Congrats...

I guess everyone has different sensitivity to different things in life. It took me more than 20years to develop my current basic awareness on sonic differences.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 20:59 by xllms »
NAIM mu-so qb

Offline Engeng

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Snr Member
  • XxxxxxX
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2020, 12:29 »

Thank you for the link. It tickled otherwise a boring WFH day!
Cayin 17mk2 cdp--> Apogee Big Ben -->Softone Dac 2 or Audio Space Dac
WE91B as Integrated---> Audio Nirvana 12" DIY.
Technics 1210mk2 (AT120EB, Shure M44-7)--> Musical Paradise Phono --> Music Reference RM MkV-->Inspire Amp
Power supply: Sine 3kv

Offline Boxerfan88

• Life begins at 7000rpm
Power Cable Recommendations for Classé Int. Amplifier
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2020, 14:55 »

there is an important point that he repeated several times in the video.... shielding, shielded cables,...and I fully agree!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 14:56 by Boxerfan88 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal