Author Topic: China brand power conditional  (Read 2762 times)

Offline joamonte

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • audiophile
Re: China brand power conditional
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2020, 21:32 »
Lol. Emi meter made in China also.  ;D

Anything wrong with that. ???
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 21:34 by joamonte »

Offline joamonte

• audiophile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2020, 21:34 »
The Line EMI Meter- got thing to 'hide" or not. Reliable??

Hide what?

Accurate or not I don’t know, but use it to compare the raw power and power after filter is more than enough ....

Offline joamonte

• audiophile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2020, 21:39 »
I wonder if it can hear the 5333hz on my power lines

It is just to detecting the noise above 10 MHz in the power line, used to be quite expensive under Ang mo brand like Audioprism many years ago,  I remember about $300 plus each set in 90s....... I am glad that we can get made in China type around $60 now , more detail with the display of the noise level some more

http://www.audioprism.com/noisesniffer.html

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2020, 11:41 »
It is just to detecting the noise above 10 MHz in the power line, used to be quite expensive under Ang mo brand like Audioprism many years ago,  I remember about $300 plus each set in 90s....... I am glad that we can get made in China type around $60 now , more detail with the display of the noise level some more

http://www.audioprism.com/noisesniffer.html

Some specs say 10KHz to 100MHz others say down to 3KHz whichh is under the 5333HZ (5.333KHz) so I dont know what might work or how real any of the specs are.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline abc

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2020, 12:07 »
Anything wrong with that. ???

Well how many so-call angmo brand is not OEM from China? I fully support China products nowadays. It is cheap and it works, why not?

Offline pokingpine

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2020, 12:51 »
What about Taiwan brand and Taiwan made power conditioners? I saw the Monitor Acoustics brand of power conditioner there during Hi-Fi show. Looks well built and reasonably priced. Anyone using this brand? Just curious.

Offline joamonte

• audiophile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2020, 14:54 »

Some specs say 10KHz to 100MHz others say down to 3KHz whichh is under the 5333HZ (5.333KHz) so I dont know what might work or how real any of the specs are.

How does the 3khz one look like ? Is it the same type of look?

But how many hz is one thing ,Using it to AB compare the effectiveness of 2 different power conditioner is another thing, I mean even if the meter can detect 5khz noise what can you do to solve the problem? The meter only tell us which power conditioner reduce more overall noise level above certain frequency, so that we can compare which power conditioner is more effective, I don’t really think the reading is 100% accurate but that don’t matter too much, as Long as I know my power treatment reduce 98% of the EMI the meter can detect(1700mA down to 30mA) , I am happy Liao 😃

Listening test also tell me , now I can’t listen without my power filter turn on, unlike last time can only use the ear to listen , that was more of the Guess work how effective is the conditioner.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 14:58 by joamonte »

Offline joamonte

• audiophile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2020, 14:59 »
What about Taiwan brand and Taiwan made power conditioners? I saw the Monitor Acoustics brand of power conditioner there during Hi-Fi show. Looks well built and reasonably priced. Anyone using this brand? Just curious.

I also curious...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal