Author Topic: Roswell  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Norman_Chan

• Trade Count: (0)
Roswell
« on: May 07, 2009, 23:03 »
Is this TV series - Roswell , good to watch ?

Offline gasmancc

Re: Roswell
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 23:37 »
This a old show w/ teen aliens trying to find out their origins right? I tried watching the first season when it first aired but story quite dragging so didn't bother finishing it..bad acting too for the lead actors very monotonous IMHO.

Offline Norman_Chan

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 01:16 »
Thanks for the info.

Offline Film Addict

• Snr Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 20:59 »
To each his own I guess.

I loved the show when it was first aired in 1999. I thought the leads had great chemistry and still do enjoy watching the reruns on AXN Beyond.

R3 of Roswell is now out in stores.

~~~ http://addictedtofilms.blogspot.com ~~~
                                                 ---my movie blog

Recent Posts
- The Scene: Before Sunset
- Random Look at Movie Costumes (In the Mood for Love)
- The Scene: Leon: The Professional ( I think in a few minutes you'll regret you never said anything) http://tinyurl.com/yjqazsc

Offline chickenchops

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 21:07 »
cute female lead hihi

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 11:05 »
If you're into Music you'll love this show.

Music played a big part in the series, and they profiled lots of new bands at the time when the series first ran, including and especially the French-American band Ivy, not to mention Dido of course, the theme song of the series, "Here with me". It's still the ONLY TV series I know where at the end of each episode, they recap the artists who's tracks were used in that episode (though they only started doing that in the final season, season 3).

One of the main actresses in the show, Majandra Delfino, is IMHO, a fantastic singer - check out this clip of hers from one of the episides and judge for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEyGvJ7jEAQ (she unfortunately never released this song as a single, so if you liked it, that youtube clip is it!)

As far as the acting goes, it's still lightyears ahead of most of the newer teenage shows since, like 90210 for example (which has utterly poor acting). It's also the series that launched the careers of Katherine Heigl (of Grey's Anatomy fame) and Brendan Fehr, and Colin Hanks (Tom Hank's son), though the rest, Sheri Appleby and the lead Jason Behr have not made it big elsewhere.

The executive director and director of many of the episodes is Jonathan Frakes of Star Trek: The Next Generation, "Commander William T. Riker" fame, and he also makes a cameo appearance in a couple of episodes. The storyline is also pretty good if you watch the show in its entirety, you'll know its one of those rare series that is actually quite complete from start to finish. There's been rumours of the show being revived into a Movie, but somehow it never transpired.

As you can see, I'm a BIG fan. Watch the series, I think you will be too :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:50 by AndrewC »
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 20:41 »
Can't believe they've rebooted Roswell! Looks terrible...  ::)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eTk24tf_cyY&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eTk24tf_cyY&fs=1</a>

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 10:55 »
Been following the new series. Into episode 3 so far, bit of a mixed bag. Interesting that they’ve mixed in key social issues from the current Trump administration into the underlying story. Don’t think there’s enough there to keep me through the full season, but let’s see.

Spoiler: show

Can’t believe they turned the Michael Guerin role gay… ::)

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 13:22 »
Wait - this is a reboot?? I thought it was a brand new show sharing the same name
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 14:54 »
Wait - this is a reboot?? I thought it was a brand new show sharing the same name

Yup, a complete reboot! Quite a different spin on it though, and quite topical to whats going on in the US of A right now... discussions about ICE and border wall etc. ;D