Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 23950 times)

Offline malsound

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2019, 11:19 »
Damn the Zohar even appeared in the Spook scene in S2: Ep. 7. ;D

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2019, 10:04 »

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2019, 07:38 »
 ;D
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2019, 01:04 »
So I finally caught up on Discovery - have to say the second season is a fair bit better. They are doing more "mysteries of the week" episodes even if there is an over-arcing thread throughout the season.

But the character writing feels all over the place. Christopher Pike seems out of his depth commanding the ship and letting the crew get away with (almost) murder.

Spoiler: show
Still this new red angel plot line seems to be a way to connect the old timeline with the new?
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2019, 17:14 »

Still this new red angel plot line seems to be a way to connect the old timeline with the new?

Like malsound pointed out, they seem to have nicked the Red-Angel story board... Probably licensed  ;D

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2019, 07:47 »
Anyone else caught the (almost) gaping big plot hole in the latest episode?  ;D

There was no way the Red Angel could be Michael Burnham from the future and for them to be able to trap her in the present!! She'd have memory of that!
Without chalking it up to Temporal Paradox, the Red Angel had to be someone else  ;D

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2019, 08:23 »
OK.. no Orville last night so Star Trek Discovery it is.

Even though it isn't in 4K HDR... 1080p HDR looks pretty good too. Still good "movie-class" visuals and special effects.

And the premise/storyline is really quite compelling.

I still don't get why Spock is being a dick here if this is the original timeline. Spock in any of the previous guises may have been obtuse but I don't recall the way he is a dick like he is here. But I digress.

OMFG
how can anyone write this and think it all makes sense...

We only have one hour to speak to mama Burnham but let's spend 10 minutes bickering about why babygirl should be let on board. Come on, Pike. YOU ARE THE F**KING CAPTAIN. Show some executive mettle. No need for discussions. Over-ride Burnham and get the f'ing job done.

And who wrote the finale scene? The same fucktard who wrote Transformers 2? Yeah let's have Optimus Prime battle THE ENTIRE ARMY of Decepticons... Same thing here. FOUR f'ing STARFLEET OFFICERS including the security officer and ONLY ONE Badass Michelle Yeoh kicking the AI bot and getting her ass kicked. FFS the other two are just looking on as Burnham and mum do their monologueing.

I just wanted to throttle somebody.

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2019, 07:41 »
Not quite sure that was a totally satisfying end to the season, but they sure tied up a bunch of loose-ends. Only just realised the actor playing Spock is Gregory Peck's grandson!  :o

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2019, 18:55 »
They really tried to explain why nobody mentions Discovery, Spore Drive or Michael.

Is it cancelled?
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2019, 00:14 »
Is it cancelled?

It’s been renewed for season 3 actually.

If you think about it, what CBS has just done with the S2 Finale is to provide the series with a totally new timeline far in the future with no pre-existing canon to follow. They’ve unshackled ST:Discovery to boldly go where not Star Trek has gone before  ;D