Author Topic: Denon AV amp owners thread - info and tips  (Read 545525 times)

Offline DizzyD

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I am a HTphile !
Re: Denon AV amp owners thread - info and tips
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 09:51 »
Dear Denon-owners,

Do you guys encounter any HDMI handshake issues with the Denon amps with your devices?

Thanks
Main Rig: Mit HC7900DW II Cyrus 92" II Onkyo NR818 II Oppo 103D II JL E112 II Sony PS3 II Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSD II Wyred4Sound MC3 II MacMini II Dynaudio Focus 220MkII 200C II Antimode 8033 II NHT Monitor II

Offline Audio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 10:30 »
Dear Denon-owners,

Do you guys encounter any HDMI handshake issues with the Denon amps with your devices?

Thanks

Which problem in particular?  Sound and picture will always pause and flicker whenever a new device is found or when a device is removed from the HDMI inputs and outputs.

I do experience some problem when I have dual monitors plugged into the HDMI ouputs when they are of different native resolution.  The amp will try to connect and then got disconnect again and again.  When it happens, I will do monitor switching on the remote  (Auto -> Monitor1 -> Monitor2 -> Auto) and it will go away after that.

(Audio)

Offline DizzyD

• I am a HTphile !
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 11:51 »
Audio

I am checking if anyone has encounter issues connecting PS3, Oppo 83, Toshiba HD DVD player into Denon amp HDMI in and the HDMI out has issues displaying 1080/24 video signals.

If course I expect sound and video to ficker when I change sources and that is expected. But I dont expect the flicker to comes in every 10 secs i.e. the HDMI signal cannot be stablised.

Thanks
Main Rig: Mit HC7900DW II Cyrus 92" II Onkyo NR818 II Oppo 103D II JL E112 II Sony PS3 II Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSD II Wyred4Sound MC3 II MacMini II Dynaudio Focus 220MkII 200C II Antimode 8033 II NHT Monitor II

Offline c722

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 12:02 »
I am checking if anyone has encounter issues connecting PS3, Oppo 83, Toshiba HD DVD player into Denon amp HDMI in and the HDMI out has issues displaying 1080/24 video signals.

I have no problem outputting 1080/24 connecting PS3/Oppo83/Tosh XE1/Pio51 and a couple of other dvd players.  Although the Denon outputs are connected to a Pio 8G plasma and a JVC RS20, both are pretty recent and have strong HDMI EDID signals (which supports all formats). So my case may be too perfect to be used as a benchmark.  :)

Offline petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
New Denons...
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2009, 11:29 »
For those who are buying new, if you do not own any amps, sure it is an exciting time.

However if you own a recent generation model, ask yourself if you really need each of the list new-fangled features...

Also the current release are the mid-tier models packed with new features which may not be tried and test, need FW upgrades etc...

The actualy amp modules and the important bits that make the SQ, may have not improved or in some cases be compromised... so hang on a bit if you are not in a hurry...

Senior bros here really change amps faster than changing their underwear... :)
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2020/02/my-setup-22020.html

Offline DizzyD

• I am a HTphile !
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2009, 09:28 »
Hi Friends

Just got hold of 4310 delivered professionally and overnight via courier from KEC to HK last week. Two Thumbs Up ;D

I have done some initial setup via Audsessy but not done much tweaking. To me overall is a good upgrade over my previous HDMI 1.1 Yammie 2600, Gui is great and intuitive.

One thing I am trying to achieve is to playback FLAC files from my NAS on Denon. Denon does see the folder on the NAS that contains the FLAC files but no files are detected. The NAS I am using is QNAP and DLink and I am not sure if FLAC files is NAS media server dependent. Any bros here have any experiences using Denon to playback FLAC stored on network. Anyway the FLAC files does play if I play it via a thumb drive USD attached to Denon.

Cheers

francis woo

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2009, 09:37 »
Hi Friends

Just got hold of 4310 delivered professionally and overnight via courier from KEC to HK last week. Two Thumbs Up ;D

Dizzy, you mean the 4310 is more expensive in HKG!!!......... ::)

Offline humyt

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2009, 10:58 »
Hi Friends

Haha you finally decided on the 4310 after so much deliberation on the Onkyo pre/pro, now can finally sit back & enjoy  ;)
Pre/Pro: Denon AVR-4810CI, Mains & Center: Seaton Sound Sparks, Surrounds: JBL 8340A (4), Amp for surrounds: Rotel RMB-1095, Subs: Seaton Sound Submersive (2), Sub EQ: SVS AS-EQ1, Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP-83, Projector: Panasonic PT-AE3000E, Screen: Carada 112" Criterion 2.35:1 Brilliant White

Offline DizzyD

• I am a HTphile !
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2009, 13:43 »
Francis

I am surprised big time as well...The 4310 street price in HK is HKD 15500/SGD2900 so its a no brainer that I jumped on it when KEC is selling for 2075 less GST 7%.

Humyt

Hahaha...I was about so close to pulling the trigger on 886 at least 3 times..I even got the pdf manual on my PC to do my research on its functionalities...I am sure I will be happy with it as well but what stop me from buying is that I need to replace my rack so that was the main hurdle..This 4310 is a direct replacement for my yamaha in terms of size plus the price is super sweet IMO.

All - I sort out the Flac file issues now and i am streaming Flac from Qnap NAS. Time to selectively rip my fav CDs into Flac.

cheers

Offline petetherock

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2009, 20:49 »
Well, Denon is actually rather expensive in its own country....

My gear:

Offline petetherock

Re: Denon AVR 3310
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 08:08 »

http://www.denon.co.uk/site/popup/index.php?Pid=417&action=start&ver=&p=ansicht&jump=#

The larger picture shows that it is not Made in Japan anymore.

http://www.avmagazine.it/i/n/AVR3310_E2_ver3.pdf

Going for about 14xx

Adds features but seems lighter...
- network
- PL IIz
- retains Auto Room EQ with Audyssey MultEQ - hmmm.... not sure if it is XT though...

7-channel A/V surround receiver that not only offers high-bit i/p conversion and scaling along with other acclaimed DENON audio and video technologies, but also lets users enjoy a wide variety of media such as Network Audio and Photo Streaming 
 New Features 
 Clock Jitter Reducer available for all digital inputs 
 Dolby Pro Logic IIz processing 
 High bit i/p converter and scaler up to 1080p (Multi-cadence detection for SD and HD video signal / Digital noise reduction and detail enhancer 
 5 x HDMI in / 1 x HDMI out (Repeater and Scaler) 
 Enhance network capability: Napster online subscription based service support 
 Sleep timer function 
 State-of-the-art DENON Solutions 
 Identical quality and power for all 7 channels, 160W x 7ch (6 ohms) 
 Dynamic Discrete Surround Circuit, D.D.S.C.-HD: New 32-bit floating point high precision DSP processor / AL24 Processing Plus, to dramatically enhance the music listening experience / Differential D/A Converters 
 Stable power supply for high-quality sound and picture playback 
 Compressed Audio Restorer to enhance digital music files 
 Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD Master Audio decoders 
 DENON’s high picture quality circuitry, to enhance enjoyment of existing DVDs 
 Video digital noise reduction, to optimize effects for both SD and HD content 
 Bi-amp capability 
 Connectivity & Future-ready Expandability 
 Internet Radio and Network audio/photo streaming from PC/MAC, server 
 USB mass storage support for audio and photo playback (MTP compatible) 
 3 source / 3 zone capability 
 Power amplifier, assign for zone 2 or 3 
 Possible Software-Update via Internet 
 Ease-of-Use 
 On-Board GUI, Superimposed on HDMI (up to 1080p) 
 Audyssey Dynamic Volume, for real-time volume adjustment 
 Audyssey Dynamic EQ and Audyssey MultEQ Auto setup and Room EQ 
 2-line fluorescent display on front panel 
 Three Quick Select Buttons 
 Pre memory & learning remote control unit + zone remote control unit 
 Custom Integration 
 Remote Installer Access via DPMS 
 PC setup via Ethernet (Web setup) 
 Colour Variations 
 Premium Silver 
 Black

My gear:

Offline dsj88

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2009, 10:31 »
If you are only using as a pre, then would it better just to pay for the 3310?

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2009, 10:41 »
If you are only using as a pre, then would it better just to pay for the 3310?

No Audyssey DSX. No Denon Link?

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline dsj88

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 10:48 »
Denon link not important as my amp is not denon. What is audyssey DSX?

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 14:28 »
DSX adds another 2 more channels (front wide and front height). It's a new 2009 feature.

End of Line - Derezzed

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal