Author Topic: Denon AV amp owners thread - info and tips  (Read 505573 times)

Offline FookLai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • survivng with bare system
Re: Denon AV amp owners thread - info and tips
« Reply #2190 on: May 18, 2020, 11:47 »
I hope you are not hot unplugging the cables bro.. but the HDMI board is probably about 4-5 years old and seems to be telling you it's giving up the ghost. Try using a cooling fan, and check the cost of spares.. or like bro Des said, time for a new amp ;)

Oh yes, please don't ever do that out of convenience. You will short the HDMI board.

I didnt hot plug and unplug cables....

Offline FookLai

« Reply #2191 on: May 18, 2020, 11:48 »
Change a HDMI cable or better still, upgrade to a new AVR. :)

A new AVR, I wish, but we are in the midst of a crisis so spending has to be prudent.

Offline FookLai

« Reply #2192 on: May 18, 2020, 11:50 »
This is due to a HDMI cable in your setup is having the common "handshaking problem".  Just one intermittent HDMI cable will screw up everything.  Just isolate the one cable that is giving this problem if it is still in the system and replace this.

My personal cure from this was to change everything to optical HDMI.

(Audio)

Problem is when I plug my HDMI cable from player to projector, it is working fine. Perhaps you are right, let me try to isolate HDMI cable.

Would it help if I turn off the EDID "enchance" in the projector?

Online Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2193 on: May 18, 2020, 12:06 »
Problem is when I plug my HDMI cable from player to projector, it is working fine. Perhaps you are right, let me try to isolate HDMI cable.

Would it help if I turn off the EDID "enchance" in the projector?

Do this.

Take everything out. Just plug Main Monitor 1 output to projector.

Switch Denon to "Setup".  You see the Denon Setup menu on your projector?  If not, just try the Monitor 1 on another display device, using another HDMI cable to confirm if it is really the Monitor 1 output that is defective.  (Permanently no output)

(Audio)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #2194 on: May 18, 2020, 12:15 »
A new AVR, I wish, but we are in the midst of a crisis so spending has to be prudent.

Agreed...restrict our spending if we can during these uncertain times.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2195 on: May 18, 2020, 12:25 »
Another thing to try out...Under the Video setting of your Denon AVR. Can you change the Auto (Dual Display) to either HDMI Output 1 or Output 2. This will help to overcome some HDCP2.2 issue that render the image not displaying (a blank screen) or suffering intermitent on/off.

Offline FookLai

« Reply #2196 on: May 19, 2020, 14:35 »
Do this.

Take everything out. Just plug Main Monitor 1 output to projector.

Switch Denon to "Setup".  You see the Denon Setup menu on your projector?  If not, just try the Monitor 1 on another display device, using another HDMI cable to confirm if it is really the Monitor 1 output that is defective.  (Permanently no output)

(Audio)

No luck, unplugged everything, direct connection from monitor 1 and go to setup, it doesnt send output to projector. But using same hdmi cable connect directly from player work, looks like Denon HDMI monitor 1 and 2 both die already. However, I do agree this has something to do with EDID because when monitor 1 or 2 connected to projector, Denon refuse to take in any hdmi input signal.

Anyway, I will bring it to Denon service center after CB and get them to make a quote if I want to get it repair.

Offline FookLai

« Reply #2197 on: May 19, 2020, 14:36 »
Another thing to try out...Under the Video setting of your Denon AVR. Can you change the Auto (Dual Display) to either HDMI Output 1 or Output 2. This will help to overcome some HDCP2.2 issue that render the image not displaying (a blank screen) or suffering intermitent on/off.

Try this too bro, but also no luck. Thanks anyway.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2198 on: May 19, 2020, 14:37 »
No luck, unplugged everything, direct connection from monitor 1 and go to setup, it doesnt send output to projector. But using same hdmi cable connect directly from player work, looks like Denon HDMI monitor 1 and 2 both die already. However, I do agree this has something to do with EDID because when monitor 1 or 2 connected to projector, Denon refuse to take in any hdmi input signal.

Anyway, I will bring it to Denon service center after CB and get them to make a quote if I want to get it repair.
Then I’m running out of ideas liao. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal