Author Topic: Olympics Closing  (Read 3886 times)

Offline ridz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
Re: Olympics Closing
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 20:15 »
I think the Logo is  actually 2012 in a crooked manner

Offline adeng

• work hard, play hard
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 20:20 »

it doesn't look like a lion to me  :-\
You are unique...... just like everyone else...

Offline kuryakin

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 21:19 »
its expected that china should make the opening ceremony a damn good show. which was good & show cased its heritage such as paper-making etc.

the closing ceremony is usually more toned down to wind down the event - no need to showcase anymore history or heritage etc already. good luck & good night.

the london 2012 logo looks more like a camel to me ;D

so, looking at UK's segment, its main exports are the beatles (4 men crossing zebra crossing), bad dancing, umbrella/lousy weather, red double decker (which i thought was phased out exept for tourism purposes), beckham & led zeppelin  :)

Offline dankoo

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 21:22 »
Officially logo is depicting 2012 but it looks like a lion to me..2=tail,0=head,1=hind leg,2=front leg  ;D..

Anyway, UK poll shows majority sentiments towards the logo was very negative
Samsung UA55D6400 * Deftech ProCinema 800, PB12-NSD * Denon AVR 2309 * Sony PS3 * Panasonic BDT-310

Offline mz

• Prawn Prawn Pant
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 04:50 »
I'm a designer, and the logo is not very impressive. But they have 4 years to work on it still haha.

The closing ceremony was still quite good, except the song and dance got abit draggy. Still, pretty good lah. :)

Offline dankoo

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 09:59 »
Well...they spend 400K on this logo...if need to change means spending more on the logo...they already have lots lower budget compared to Beijing...it going to be tighter!
Samsung UA55D6400 * Deftech ProCinema 800, PB12-NSD * Denon AVR 2309 * Sony PS3 * Panasonic BDT-310

Offline siowkow

• Snr Member
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 11:36 »
the logo looks like a guy dancing. the first 2 is his hand doing the "snake" position, the 0 is the head and the last 2 looks like he is leaning forward with bent elbows and straightened knees...

but as far as the official website is concerned, i think its just 2012 and nothing more:
http://www.london2012.com/about/our-brand/index.php

Offline khewa

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 12:20 »
anyone thought of the aftermath of the Olympics for Beijing ? life goes back to normal, but Beijing got a good deal vis a vis other cities cos' the city's infrastructure was upgraded substantially in a few years compared to decades for other China cities, measured cost wise. Roads are repaved, malls upgraded and renovated, old buildings pulled down and new ones in place. All in all, a pretty good deal for Beijing citizens, not to mention the free English lessons given out to volunteers. Lots of people got richer through increased sales of security systems, security scanners, black market olympic tickets, hotel lodgings, etc...

Offline Norman_Chan

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 17:26 »

it doesn't look like a lion to me  :-\

The logo look more like CRACKED under pressure from Beijing performance ...  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal