Author Topic: Dynaudio Speaker Thread  (Read 1487436 times)

Offline raystinger

• Trade Count: (0)
    • My photo gallery
Re: Dynaudio Speaker Thread
« Reply #1185 on: June 16, 2010, 11:04 »
Hi folks, I'm currently using the Usher S520 powered by NAD 326BEE via the CA DACMagic. I'm looking to upgrade the speakers and have been hearing all the good things about Dynaudio, especially the Focus 110 and Audience 52. I'm limited to bookshelf speakers due to space constrain within my bedroom. May I know whats a good "next step up" replacement for my Usher? I understand that the Dynaudio speakers are low in sensitivity, so I'm wondering if my 50 WPC NAD will be able to supply enough juice for it. Also, may I know whats the rough retail price of the above 2 sets of speakers? Do feel free to share your experience on them, thank you. :)
Apple Macbook Pro | Cambridge Audio Azur 640C V2 (Modded by Ray-Audio) | Wyred4Sound DAC2 | Wyred4Sound ST-500 | Dynaudio Focus 110 | Audio Technical ATH-A900 | Audioquest Type-8 | Nordost Frey XLR | IEGO power cords | Bada L3300 Power Conditioner | Auralex MoPad

Offline dXter

« Reply #1186 on: June 16, 2010, 12:07 »
Hi folks, I'm currently using the Usher S520 powered by NAD 326BEE via the CA DACMagic. I'm looking to upgrade the speakers and have been hearing all the good things about Dynaudio, especially the Focus 110 and Audience 52. I'm limited to bookshelf speakers due to space constrain within my bedroom. May I know whats a good "next step up" replacement for my Usher? I understand that the Dynaudio speakers are low in sensitivity, so I'm wondering if my 50 WPC NAD will be able to supply enough juice for it. Also, may I know whats the rough retail price of the above 2 sets of speakers? Do feel free to share your experience on them, thank you. :)

Your NAD looks good enough to drive the speakers in a small room. You can always ask to bring down your amp to try on the dyns. Can't remember the retail prices though.

Offline xerox

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #1187 on: June 16, 2010, 12:47 »
yeah we always happening. So what new stuff you got? or should i ask when was the last time you upgraded/tweaked something?  ;D

Long long time didn't upgrade leow, i think the setup is good enough. Recently my friend pass me a pair of silver speaker wire which i think is not bad. Other then that didn't do much.Now no $$$ play hifi as i am into watches...... pocket burn 1 hole...  :'(
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Offline xerox

« Reply #1188 on: June 16, 2010, 13:10 »
Hi new to Dynaudio. Saw this review bout Focus 110 http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1208/dynaudio_focus_110.htm

Is the 110 really that outstanding? BTW i realize alot of bros here use Densen to pair the Dynaudio, does it means it will works well with Densen only? How about amps from Sudgen, Naim or Leema Accoustic? I am midst of revamping my entire setup. Advice needed. Thanks

I think which speaker goes well with which amp is subjective. The above 3 brand you mention have different sound character, Sudgen is Class A setup and i had once heard before the Masterclass series which IMO had a smooth and warm presentation. For Naim, it is PRAT , the pace and attack is second to none alot of people say Naim is good for rock only i don't really agree i find it an all rounder.For Leema i do not have a chance to audit it , i think we have a local agent in ground floor of Adephi selling it. Maybe you can go and take a look. You are welcome to listen my humble setup, PM me.
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Offline kelvin73

• Snr Member
« Reply #1189 on: June 16, 2010, 20:32 »
This is our latest Dynaudio C1 owner. Hope Kelvin73 don't mind I post his setup up :P

His setup consist of Musical Fidelity Integrated amp & cdp with Silver Audio speaker cables & IC and PS Audio powercords.

Room size was pretty small. Best surprised is the speaker doesn't boom in the room even there wasn't any room treatment. ???

Wowo Nick. Of course I don't mind but expect more discount from you in future  ;)

I am saving up for FE 3 or 4 tier rack and PS Audio PPP. Perhaps you should also consider the latter. I am sure the sound will be another level up.
Accuphase DP-550, C-2420, 2 X A-46 (bridged), Dynaudio Special 25 Bordeaux, Isotek Syncro, Sine Mega 6 Ultimate Edition, Silver Audio Appassionata XLR ICs, Silver Symphony Speaker Cables, Lessloss DFPC Reference & Signature Power Cords, Lessloss Firewall Modules, Finite Elemente Ceraballs, Finite Elemente Cerabase, Bespoke HifiRack Podium XL (V) Rack , Quantum Qv2, Shunyata Dark Field Cable Elevators, Furutech GTX-D NCF Power Outlets, Telos Quantum Stickers

Offline xerox

« Reply #1190 on: June 16, 2010, 21:37 »
Wah C1 again.... so envy....

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
« Reply #1191 on: June 16, 2010, 22:38 »
Simplicity is the key to attaining good SQ. guess i am the only one using C1 for L/R on my HT setup. only 1 word, i am overwhelmed!!! to think these are used as surrounds with those bro's having C2/C4 in front.  :P
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 23:22 by DJQ »
ProJect Q.

francis woo

« Reply #1192 on: June 16, 2010, 22:45 »
Thumbs up, you have made the right choice..... ;D i.e., a small speaker in a small room, an excellent small speaker for that matter........ ;D

Offline seanyzf

« Reply #1193 on: June 16, 2010, 22:56 »
Thumbs up, you have made the right choice..... ;D i.e., a small speaker in a small room, an excellent small speaker for that matter........ ;D

i also prefer these type of setups instead of big floor standers. opp might get bash up..  ;D

Offline kelvin73

• Snr Member
« Reply #1194 on: June 17, 2010, 14:09 »
In fact I prefer floor stander anytime over book shelf. I bought C1 because I would be shifting in a year's time and C1 makes the job easier. I plan to use C1 for abt 3 yrs and would eventually sell it off and buy floor stander. I really missed the low frequencies of the floor stander.
Accuphase DP-550, C-2420, 2 X A-46 (bridged), Dynaudio Special 25 Bordeaux, Isotek Syncro, Sine Mega 6 Ultimate Edition, Silver Audio Appassionata XLR ICs, Silver Symphony Speaker Cables, Lessloss DFPC Reference & Signature Power Cords, Lessloss Firewall Modules, Finite Elemente Ceraballs, Finite Elemente Cerabase, Bespoke HifiRack Podium XL (V) Rack , Quantum Qv2, Shunyata Dark Field Cable Elevators, Furutech GTX-D NCF Power Outlets, Telos Quantum Stickers

Offline xerox

« Reply #1195 on: June 17, 2010, 14:14 »
In fact I prefer floor stander anytime over book shelf. I bought C1 because I would be shifting in a year's time and C1 makes the job easier. I plan to use C1 for abt 3 yrs and would eventually sell it off and buy floor stander. I really missed the low frequencies of the floor stander.

Nice setup you have bro.

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
« Reply #1196 on: June 17, 2010, 15:25 »

you got to be kidding! C1 to me already played lower freqs than some floorstanders i know. Now can take queue number sure there will be alot of bros wanting to buy your C1 after 3yrs.  ;D
ProJect Q.

Offline dXter

« Reply #1197 on: June 17, 2010, 15:42 »
you got to be kidding! C1 to me already played lower freqs than some floorstanders i know. Now can take queue number sure there will be alot of bros wanting to buy your C1 after 3yrs.  ;D

As good as the C1 is, there will be better speakers. But definitely agree on the 2nd statement and it would still be with warranty too! Maybe bookmark and revisit 3 years later. :D

Offline arcustic

« Reply #1198 on: June 17, 2010, 15:44 »

+1   :D
Life is simple.....Don't make it complicated.

Offline Jsen

• Diamonds are NOT Forever while Silence is Golden
« Reply #1199 on: June 17, 2010, 15:49 »
Bros, I wonder how's the Nordost's Frey ic performance in a dyn setup? Can share your experience? Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 15:55 by Jsen »
Dynamics are the essence of how well you can feel the emotions and sentiments from the maestros and what they are trying to propose.