Author Topic: Dynaudio Speaker Thread  (Read 1488294 times)

Offline nee_savi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
Re: Dynaudio Speaker Thread
« Reply #1155 on: June 11, 2010, 14:04 »
I am feeling it too.  The vovcals are too dim and I end up incresing the vol .. which still dont help much.
Limitation dont have much space on the cabinet top to put it out. So I am planning another round of reno for the cabinet. It didnt turn out as expected.

The whole setup was done in hush hush manner ... but will refine it slowly and as the $$ permits.

Thanks DJO though.
Dynaudio Focus(front and centre) excite(rear)
Sub SVS PB 13 ultra,
Integrated Amp Pilinius 9200,
AV Reciver Denon 4810, Oppo blu-ray player BDP 83
Synology NAS for media streaming.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #1156 on: June 11, 2010, 14:39 »
I am feeling it too.  The vovcals are too dim and I end up incresing the vol .. which still dont help much.
Limitation dont have much space on the cabinet top to put it out. So I am planning another round of reno for the cabinet. It didnt turn out as expected.

The whole setup was done in hush hush manner ... but will refine it slowly and as the $$ permits.

Thanks DJO though.

You can try adding some support footers... TAOC, Finite Elemente or TuneBlocks. I find it helps to improve the clarity a fair bit when I used them to support my center speaker.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline nee_savi

• Snr Member
« Reply #1157 on: June 11, 2010, 14:57 »
Right, its on my list.

Just that need to get time for Adelphi. These days I am spending most of it configuring Denon and Oppo with Media Server for streaming. Want to get a hang on how good it sounds before I spend some bucks on a NAS.

Any thought on that guys.
Sub SVS PB 13 ultra,

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #1158 on: June 11, 2010, 15:12 »
Right, its on my list.

Just that need to get time for Adelphi. These days I am spending most of it configuring Denon and Oppo with Media Server for streaming. Want to get a hang on how good it sounds before I spend some bucks on a NAS.

Any thought on that guys.

Tried doing that but still the playback on CD, SACD, DVD-A on Denon Link is far superior than CD ripped to NAS and then stream through.

You may want to take the NAS budget and get a good 2nd hand Denon Link capable Denon Player instead.

(Audio)

Offline nee_savi

• Snr Member
« Reply #1159 on: June 14, 2010, 09:27 »
Ofcourse the real is real.
But somehow I am more lured by the convinence and handiness of the mediaserver VS the quality.

I was doing some testing along with Rahul yesterday with WAV than with MP3 using my denon 4810 in pure direct mode and the quility seems to be quite good. Just that if OPPO helps with the DLNA part a bit more I could use my Plinius and bypass Denon. WHich should improve the quility a bit more.

For serious listening .. ofcourse as u mentioned CD and other optical media is the ultimate.
Sub SVS PB 13 ultra,

Offline vp171s

« Reply #1160 on: June 14, 2010, 10:01 »
This is our latest Dynaudio C1 owner. Hope Kelvin73 don't mind I post his setup up :P

His setup consist of Musical Fidelity Integrated amp & cdp with Silver Audio speaker cables & IC and PS Audio powercords.

Room size was pretty small. Best surprised is the speaker doesn't boom in the room even there wasn't any room treatment. ???

U got a photo of the other side of the room? Like to see his sitting position relative to the speakers...

Offline dynaudio

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Consequence Ultimate
« Reply #1161 on: June 14, 2010, 10:49 »
U got a photo of the other side of the room? Like to see his sitting position relative to the speakers...

Bro I never take the other section of the room. But his sitting distance to speaker is about 1.8 metres.

Offline vp171s

« Reply #1162 on: June 14, 2010, 12:46 »

Bro I never take the other section of the room. But his sitting distance to speaker is about 1.8 metres.

U have approximate dimension of the room ? The room is enclosed or with one wall removed ?

Offline kuryakin

« Reply #1163 on: June 14, 2010, 14:04 »
Hmm, how is the pairing of the Musical Fidelity with C1 (or Dynaudio in general)?

Offline dynaudio

• Consequence Ultimate
« Reply #1164 on: June 14, 2010, 16:53 »
Hmm, how is the pairing of the Musical Fidelity with C1 (or Dynaudio in general)?

Hmmm..slightly warm in the combo which is typical MF characteristics. Just abit lack of transparency.

Offline dynaudio

• Consequence Ultimate
« Reply #1165 on: June 14, 2010, 16:56 »
U have approximate dimension of the room ? The room is enclosed or with one wall removed ?

Approximately 12 x 10 feets. The room is enclosed.

Offline nic_wei

« Reply #1166 on: June 15, 2010, 14:30 »
Bought a pair of used Focus 140 last week. The previous owner only use for very short period. How many hour run in needed to reach the Focus 140 best performence?
Chord Electronics
Dynaudio Speakers (Stereo & HT)
Oppo BDP / Denon AVR / Panasonic Projector / OS Screen
FE Rack & Accessories / DIY Cables / Sine Power Distributors

Offline stealth

• "Hear, see and pay with Confidence"
« Reply #1167 on: June 15, 2010, 14:41 »
Bought a pair of used Focus 140 last week. The previous owner only use for very short period. How many hour run in needed to reach the Focus 140 best performence?

Wow bro, you upgraded your stuffs very fast eh..especially the nordost cables. Good!

You bought from jan97 rite? You need to clock at least 200-400hrs  :'(

Good luck to your running in. :D
hifi.com.sg 1 Coleman Street #01-23, 03-35 The Adelphi, Singapore 179803
Tel: 6336 1450, 6334 7639
https://hifi.com.sg

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
« Reply #1168 on: June 15, 2010, 14:59 »
wah bro good buy. looking at your signature..... your Sound really top notch!
ProJect Q.

Offline nic_wei

« Reply #1169 on: June 15, 2010, 16:00 »
Wow bro, you upgraded your stuffs very fast eh..especially the nordost cables. Good!

YouHow many hour run in needed to peform it's best? bought from jan97 rite? You need to clock at least 200-400hrs  :'(

Good luck to your running in. :D
Yup, bought from jan97. Wah 200-400 hrs? Still long way to go. The Nordost cables (all used) cost me arms and legs. Next upgrade is Densen DM series. :P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 16:36 by nic_wei »
Chord Electronics
Dynaudio Speakers (Stereo & HT)
Oppo BDP / Denon AVR / Panasonic Projector / OS Screen
FE Rack & Accessories / DIY Cables / Sine Power Distributors