Author Topic: Dynaudio Speaker Thread  (Read 1488287 times)

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
Re: Dynaudio Speaker Thread
« Reply #1020 on: April 08, 2010, 15:24 »
i had the impression that if they had Jeff Rowland amps in the 1st place. they wont be using Dynaudio speakers. its a different brand altogether but price tag also equally high like the Dynaudio. at least not locally in sg will be using this matchup. now waiting for someone to show me if one ever had this combi and like it.  :-X
ProJect Q.

Offline joamonte

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • audiophile
« Reply #1021 on: April 08, 2010, 17:40 »
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=759827295&aid=99571#!/photo.php?pid=2235559&id=759827295

must log in to face book to view.

This set of C2 in KL  is drive by ARC Ref 3 and Jeff Rowland 312 ( hide inside the rack)..The sound IMHO (its commenting the whole system not the power amp alone remember) is good for easy and relax listening , but not very suitable for Audio extremer who want pin point image , big sound stage , top notch resolution and extreme micro/macro dynamic....it could be the room, could be the speaker/seating placement, could be the voicing, we can't be sure.

Since mention about Jeff Rowland, for you guy info JR Ice-power series (201,501,312) is now consider as their "mid price" power amp, their new Class AB "high end" series is coming soon.

I have heard quite a few JR ice power amp including some in my own system, but I feel it overall has less character compare to their older Class AB amp, driving force is excellent, every piece of music you throw in is from good to very good~~~~but never really "great"... ::)

I only can say for driving force , the Ice power Jeff Rowland should not have any problem with any speaker, but if you expect it to be impressive, wait for their Class AB 925 or 625 , I think coherence audio allow home trial but their price are not that cheap,and I hear so they don't accept Check payment, only cash.... :-X ;D ;D

« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 22:08 by joamonte »

Offline DJQ

« Reply #1022 on: April 08, 2010, 18:22 »
oh... so our KL bros then got this. JR has always been Great from start.
ProJect Q.

Offline clitang

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1023 on: April 08, 2010, 21:36 »
Yes, JF is one of my wish list. I am waiting for the 625 power amp and the new pre amp (not sure what is the model). However, need to work extra hard for it. To my understanding, it cost about 30K total for the new 625 ($18K) and the new pre amp ($12K).

Offline clitang

« Reply #1024 on: April 09, 2010, 00:05 »
Following are some example of Chord and Jeff Rowland system connected to Dynaudio speakers

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:25 by clitang »

Offline DJQ

« Reply #1025 on: April 09, 2010, 00:08 »
nice bro. now those are definitely not local. are they?  :)

hey i saw a Stand4 that is silver polished shine with black polished base.  :o
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 00:14 by DJQ »
ProJect Q.

Offline Kakarotttan

• Snr Member
« Reply #1026 on: April 09, 2010, 06:24 »
hi bro clitang, nice pictures.
as far as I know, Chord belongs to the sweet, warm, extended on the top frequency, and fast and punchy low end type of sound,
while JR has even more concentration on the musicality, elegant and enchanting....should be excellent for listening to music...
however, some people criticizes that Chord and JR are overpriced in a sense that high efficiency gears shouldn't be expensive, cuz inefficiency is the principle in the hi-fi world, I partially agree because it's true that there is a large portion of money is spent on the outside for both brands...but I also do wanna hear such beautiful sound....

Offline clitang

« Reply #1027 on: April 09, 2010, 06:26 »
nice bro. now those are definitely not local. are they?  :)

hey i saw a Stand4 that is silver polished shine with black polished base.  :o

Hi Bro,

Yes, they are from HK. C1 is very, very popular in HK. Not like in Singapore, as mentioned by Dynaudio Singapoire, there are only about 20 users.

As for the silver polished shine with black polished base stand, it is limited edition.....I like it very much also. Dynaudio not producting it anymore.

Offline clitang

« Reply #1028 on: April 09, 2010, 09:11 »
hi bro clitang, nice pictures.
as far as I know, Chord belongs to the sweet, warm, extended on the top frequency, and fast and punchy low end type of sound,
while JR has even more concentration on the musicality, elegant and enchanting....should be excellent for listening to music...
however, some people criticizes that Chord and JR are overpriced in a sense that high efficiency gears shouldn't be expensive, cuz inefficiency is the principle in the hi-fi world, I partially agree because it's true that there is a large portion of money is spent on the outside for both brands...but I also do wanna hear such beautiful sound....

Good discussion point here -> Hif equipment that is overprice. Should we start a topic to discuss which equipment is over price and which is not?

Chord and JR are overpriced, any others?

Offline DJQ

« Reply #1029 on: April 09, 2010, 10:20 »
Hi Bro,

Yes, they are from HK. C1 is very, very popular in HK. Not like in Singapore, as mentioned by Dynaudio Singapoire, there are only about 20 users.

As for the silver polished shine with black polished base stand, it is limited edition.....I like it very much also. Dynaudio not producting it anymore.

ah ic. you fly there got poison bring it to SG. now spread to me. hahaha. ok ok i try spread to others here.

oh btw i am getting Densen B-200 and B-320 for my C1. overall i still prefer the tonality the Densen range gives to the C1. cant wait to get tears over the weekend  ;D :'( mixed emotions.
ProJect Q.

Offline dXter

« Reply #1030 on: April 09, 2010, 10:42 »
ah ic. you fly there got poison bring it to SG. now spread to me. hahaha. ok ok i try spread to others here.

oh btw i am getting Densen B-200 and B-320 for my C1. overall i still prefer the tonality the Densen range gives to the C1. cant wait to get tears over the weekend  ;D :'( mixed emotions.

DJQ, how much would the densen combo cost? If you won't mind sharing
I was offered a B130 integrated for my limited budget but I like how the densen sounds with dyn too. haha

@ clitang, I think for HK due to their really small apartments, the C1 is very popular. I too see they mostly buy bookshelves speakers.

Offline clitang

« Reply #1031 on: April 09, 2010, 11:22 »
I was offered a B130 integrated for my limited budget but I like how the densen sounds with dyn too. haha

@ clitang, I think for HK due to their really small apartments, the C1 is very popular. I too see they mostly buy bookshelves speakers.

Yes, you are right to certain point, but....

You can see that Mclntosh is also very popular among the Dynaudio fans, In Singapore I guess the number is very minimal. Densen with Dynaudio is very rare in HK and Taiwan

[
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:08 by clitang »

Offline stealth

• "Hear, see and pay with Confidence"
« Reply #1032 on: April 09, 2010, 11:35 »

You can see that Mclntosh is also very popular among the Dynaudio fans, In Singapore I guess the number is very minimal. Densen with Dynaudio is very rare in HK and Taiwan

It's because we're poor man and they're rich to owned very highend equipments. We can only afford the poor man's equipments like Densen  :-[
hifi.com.sg 1 Coleman Street #01-23, 03-35 The Adelphi, Singapore 179803
Tel: 6336 1450, 6334 7639
https://hifi.com.sg

Offline DJQ

« Reply #1033 on: April 09, 2010, 11:44 »

hi bro, i will pm you the figure. how much for the B130?

yeah i tought so too, HK mostly small apartments, even Grandcastle at sai yong choi street is like a small apartment selling audio items. unlike our Adelphi big mall.  :P
ProJect Q.

Offline DJQ

« Reply #1034 on: April 09, 2010, 11:49 »

It's because we're poor man and they're rich to owned very highend equipments. We can only afford the poor man's equipments like Densen  :-[

yeah i concur. those are out of my range. no wonder bro clitang buy Sapphire! coz of all those pictures. hahaha
now must go JR/McIntosh/Simaudio/Chord there is no way out liao.  ;D
ProJect Q.