Author Topic: Dynaudio Speaker Thread  (Read 1488291 times)

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
Re: Dynaudio Speaker Thread
« Reply #870 on: March 01, 2010, 12:27 »
oic, i didnt know we term non-audiophiles and audiophiles this way. i am not asking them to be an audiophile. but mearly asking them to have a listen. see which they like/prefer. the rest is up to them, i dun always sit down in the center to seriously listen. but i sure like good sonics on my setup when i am working on my PC in a corner.  :)
ProJect Q.

Offline arcustic

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #871 on: March 01, 2010, 15:06 »
Sorry if I term it wrongly...I don't know any other words than to group it that manner.  No intention to offend  ;)
Life is simple.....Don't make it complicated.

Offline fengshenwee

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #872 on: March 01, 2010, 15:55 »
although your friend is not wrong, but i feel you have a part to let him hear/see the difference by getting slightly better speaker/equipment. whether he/she decides is worth it anot is another question. not really 1 shot spend over a few $k but getting something more decent than a $100 desktop speaker.  :)

I seriously tried and showed him but he is the type that cannot be bothered. Can he can tell the difference? I am sure he can. But do I think he think it is worth it. NO.... because his philosophy in life is use everything till it spoil. Can use can already. A 5 dollar mouse is as good as a 100 dollar one. Same with audio. 80% of his life is earning money.

i meant to say.. once in a while.. it's relaxing to listen to desktop speakers bc u don't have to be bothered by the performance. this feeling comes on only if your system is not to your 100% liking.

there is some fun in experimenting.. but the problem is do you have all the money in the world to experiment? it's costly. i feel the pinch. many others may like the pinch or have deeper wallets..

of course, after having my system, i know what a proper audio system can do. it's definitely hard to abandon the whole audio system and just drop back to desktop speakers.

a proper audio system will definitely sound better than desktop. but one that is not nicely matched may bring along some irritants. e.g. bright/harsh sound. this can be irritating.

and that's when on some days, you find it's more relaxing to not have to care about the problems of your hifi and have a causal listen from your car/desktop speakers or even while taking a walk at HMV/other music stores.

these places/sources may not have the perfect sound. but they do not have any thing which is particularly irritating. it's just very casual listening.

cheers... ;D

I got a lousy headphone amp to remind myself how awesome my current set up is. I think I understand y are would rather listen to a simple setup(nothing good but also nothing bad) is because u feel there is weakness in your setup(my guess it is too bright) that u cannot ignore and unable to solve it yet. I guess I am just happy with almost everything on my setup and thus listen to everything from youtube to CDs on them. Would like to tone down the brightness in my system, bigger soundstage thus on the hunt for a new pair of speakers again. Maybe dynaudio or B&W again thus looking around this wonderful thread. :)

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 16:03 by fengshenwee »
AR-T Legato II USB-SPDIF / Audio-GD Reference 8 DAC / W4S STI-500
Dynaudio Confidence C1 Black Piano Lacquer
Lifatec SILFLEX GLASS CABLES with OPTISILK JACKETING / Acoustic Revive USB-1.0SP / Black Cat Silverstar 75 BNC / Black Sand Cable Statement One + Silver Reference MKV / LessLoss DFPC Signature / Nordost Heimdall XLR / AudioArt Cable SC-5 SE
SOtM tX-USB / TAOC PTS-A Spike Plate / Oyaide MTB-6 Power Distributor / Telos Gold RCA Caps / Maestro Power Outlet / DA&T AC Filter x3

Offline Quest

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Cyber Dreamer
« Reply #873 on: March 01, 2010, 17:35 »
I seriously tried and showed him but he is the type that cannot be bothered. Can he can tell the difference? I am sure he can. But do I think he think it is worth it. NO.... because his philosophy in life is use everything till it spoil. Can use can already. A 5 dollar mouse is as good as a 100 dollar one. Same with audio. 80% of his life is earning money.
i felt like commenting on this cos just a few years ago i was like ur friend. ;D
could not tell any difference between $50 PC speaker and $5k setup for music, and have friends who are still like that. :)
i think perception and willingness to listen plays a very big part on the enjoyment of audio.

this applies even when one becomes an 'audiophile', as one has to be open and receptive to hearing different systems.
often i realise 'audiophiles' tend to concentrate on certain aspects and may eventually forget to look for musicality.
of course.. what is musical to one person can also be different to another.

Offline sty

« Reply #874 on: March 01, 2010, 20:42 »
To some people, music is just music n it is to listen to enjoy n relax. As long as the music play out isn't distorted or noisy it should be ok. I remember long time ago, one of my friends become so obsess with being an audiophile that he stop listenning to pop cd's because the recording cannot match his system. He start to listen to all the good recording cd's and miss out on what he once like very much and that is the pop cd's.

I basically now listen to everything from pop to even classical n just enjoy whatever that comes out from my system  ;D

Offline DJQ

« Reply #875 on: March 01, 2010, 23:38 »
yeah thats what i was really trying to put thru. i know some bros here can really tell a bad recording vs a really good one.
anyway we are deviating from Dyn topic liao. maybe lets have a show of hands who are some potential Dyn owners. i know fengshenwee is one. for starters go audition a Excite X12, for your bedroom it should suffice. you be amazed! dun listen any others hor... wait you kanna poison deep deep.  ;D
ProJect Q.

Offline sty

« Reply #876 on: March 01, 2010, 23:49 »
yeah thats what i was really trying to put thru. i know some bros here can really tell a bad recording vs a really good one.
anyway we are deviating from Dyn topic liao. maybe lets have a show of hands who are some potential Dyn owners. i know fengshenwee is one. for starters go audition a Excite X12, for your bedroom it should suffice. you be amazed! dun listen any others hor... wait you kanna poison deep deep.  ;D

Haha, actually I am already thinking of getting my first brand new Dynaudio speakers for my bedroom n shift the Audience 52 to my pleasure room. The only brand new Dynaudio I can afford now is only the Excite X12. But will have to wait till I come back from Japan in early April. Having a company trip to Japan end of this month and afraid that I might burn a big hole spending there especially buying some limited edition handbag for wife.  :'(

Offline fengshenwee

« Reply #877 on: March 02, 2010, 00:42 »

Thanks for the recommendation. I was thinking of the focus series actually. Maybe the 110 or the 140. May I know the retail price of each?
AR-T Legato II USB-SPDIF / Audio-GD Reference 8 DAC / W4S STI-500
Dynaudio Confidence C1 Black Piano Lacquer
Lifatec SILFLEX GLASS CABLES with OPTISILK JACKETING / Acoustic Revive USB-1.0SP / Black Cat Silverstar 75 BNC / Black Sand Cable Statement One + Silver Reference MKV / LessLoss DFPC Signature / Nordost Heimdall XLR / AudioArt Cable SC-5 SE
SOtM tX-USB / TAOC PTS-A Spike Plate / Oyaide MTB-6 Power Distributor / Telos Gold RCA Caps / Maestro Power Outlet / DA&T AC Filter x3

Offline dynaudio

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Consequence Ultimate
« Reply #878 on: March 02, 2010, 08:18 »
Haha, actually I am already thinking of getting my first brand new Dynaudio speakers for my bedroom n shift the Audience 52 to my pleasure room. The only brand new Dynaudio I can afford now is only the Excite X12. But will have to wait till I come back from Japan in early April. Having a company trip to Japan end of this month and afraid that I might burn a big hole spending there especially buying some limited edition handbag for wife.  :'(

Not only Excite X12, there's also DM2/6, 7 & 8 all within your range :D

Offline dynaudio

• Consequence Ultimate
« Reply #879 on: March 02, 2010, 08:21 »
Thanks for the recommendation. I was thinking of the focus series actually. Maybe the 110 or the 140. May I know the retail price of each?

Good choice. Best selling model is Focus 110.

Retail price is $2395 for 110 and $3200 for 140  :D :D

marduk

« Reply #880 on: March 02, 2010, 11:57 »
Good choice. Best selling model is Focus 110.

Retail price is $2395 for 110 and $3200 for 140  :D :D
How about the X12?

Offline dynaudio

• Consequence Ultimate
« Reply #881 on: March 02, 2010, 12:16 »
How about the X12?

$1735 per pair  ;)

Offline DJQ

« Reply #882 on: March 02, 2010, 12:30 »
haha all these prices will scare them away. by only by listening to the speakers can bring them back. got the hint?  ;D ;D ;D
ProJect Q.

Offline dynaudio

• Consequence Ultimate
« Reply #883 on: March 02, 2010, 17:46 »
Hmmm...well, if buyers are serious on the purchase they can always ask me for better price. Like what you did...didn't you?  ;D

Offline hca2

« Reply #884 on: March 02, 2010, 21:14 »
Hmmm...well, if buyers are serious on the purchase they can always ask me for better price. Like what you did...didn't you?  ;D
[/quote

maybe you can give us special discount to all xtremeplace member. thanks