Author Topic: Dynaudio Speaker Thread  (Read 1487473 times)

Offline stealth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • "Hear, see and pay with Confidence"
Re: Dynaudio Speaker Thread
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2009, 23:29 »
haha, yup maybe you can start the ball rolling by telling us about your HT setup. hows your dyna with the XPA-3? at 1 point i did wanna order the XPA-3 for my thiels too. but i am still abit concerned about driving dyna 4ohm spks direct with my Denon AVR. (even when Nicholas told me can...  :P) the Denons are only 6ohms to 16ohms recommended. 4ohms might run hot and shut down(this the manual did stated). Should extra power amps be needed?

Infact, I started by using the Pioneer AX4i to drive the Focus 110, 200c & 42sat. Indeed the receiver can drive them well without any stress on the amp. It can realy handle the 85dB/4ohms well and I set the receiver to run at 8 ohms instead of 6 giving it a little increased in power in 4 ohms load. Lots of my friends were very surprised that I'm using it with just a receiver. For the past 1 year, the amp didn't even clip even when I drive it at -13dB volume which is already very loud in my place :P

The Focus really filled my place without any fatigue either on HT or Stereo  :D :D Deep tight low rumbling bass from the SUB300 but it didn't sound like SVS :P which to me it's like it going to bring down the house :P :P Sorry I'm not familiar with SVS.

Lastly, heard from lots of our bros here that the Emotiva power amp are good value and can perform well. I didn't manage to audition it although some of our bros here already owned it, I took the courage and ordered a XPA3 for a try :P Well, indeed the power amp is good value for the money, smooth with fin detail without any edgyness at all. For sure it sound much better than using the receiver itself. Better bass grip, more focus midrange and the highs extensions is also not compromise. So bro out there, if your're still having doubts on whether to purchase the Emotiva amps or processor, I would say "Mai Tu Liao" ;D ;D

Hope I'm not so long winded, hope this helps with your faster decisions on the Excite. ;D
hifi.com.sg 1 Coleman Street #01-23, 03-35 The Adelphi, Singapore 179803
Tel: 6336 1450, 6334 7639
https://hifi.com.sg

Offline jonlee

« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2010, 12:18 »
I believe any power amp will be better than most receivers. 

Offline vp171s

« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2010, 12:29 »
Hi Bro

Just wonder where is all the Dynaudio fans? Seems no one interested to post or share their setup here. SAD.

Me using Exposure 2010 CDP > Exposure Super XX integrated amp > Dynaudio Contour 1.1 with Ocos cables.

Offline domj

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2010, 14:24 »
haha yeah. saw you have 1007Be and partial dynas so hows you setting up now? HT? Stereo?

Now only left with Dyns for the HT LCR. My hall side and rear walls are too far away from my sofa to use the Dyns for surrounds so bo bian gotta find substitutes in the form of the Mirage sats on the ceiling :(. The Focals are for my stereo in a separate setup ;)

Offline domj

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2010, 14:28 »
Infact, I started by using the Pioneer AX4i to drive the Focus 110, 200c & 42sat. Indeed the receiver can drive them well without any stress on the amp. It can realy handle the 85dB/4ohms well and I set the receiver to run at 8 ohms instead of 6 giving it a little increased in power in 4 ohms load. Lots of my friends were very surprised that I'm using it with just a receiver. For the past 1 year, the amp didn't even clip even when I drive it at -13dB volume which is already very loud in my place :P

The Focus really filled my place without any fatigue either on HT or Stereo  :D :D Deep tight low rumbling bass from the SUB300 but it didn't sound like SVS :P which to me it's like it going to bring down the house :P :P Sorry I'm not familiar with SVS.

Lastly, heard from lots of our bros here that the Emotiva power amp are good value and can perform well. I didn't manage to audition it although some of our bros here already owned it, I took the courage and ordered a XPA3 for a try :P Well, indeed the power amp is good value for the money, smooth with fin detail without any edgyness at all. For sure it sound much better than using the receiver itself. Better bass grip, more focus midrange and the highs extensions is also not compromise. So bro out there, if your're still having doubts on whether to purchase the Emotiva amps or processor, I would say "Mai Tu Liao" ;D ;D

Hope I'm not so long winded, hope this helps with your faster decisions on the Excite. ;D

I've heard the Dyns driven by a Pioneer rx at the Dyn showroom and it has no prob driving them. I feel the current range of Dyns like the Focus and Excite are quite easy to drive compared to the older series, but of cos feeding them a poweramp will always give them a kick up the backside and improve the sound. ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 14:34 by domj »

Offline stealth

• "Hear, see and pay with Confidence"
« Reply #185 on: January 01, 2010, 17:15 »
Fully agreed with you domj :D

If the new Dyns are so hard to drive. I think they can packup and close the factory. So hard to drive who wants to buy them? ???
hifi.com.sg 1 Coleman Street #01-23, 03-35 The Adelphi, Singapore 179803
Tel: 6336 1450, 6334 7639
https://hifi.com.sg

Offline fx

• Dane_Don't_Lie
« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2010, 11:55 »
Dynaudio owner checking in!
Sorry, photo a bit blur.
My simple setup:-

The Trio

Source & Power

Home theatre

Stereo (Plasma tv hidden & floorstander speaker removed)

One & only sweetspot

Stereo:-
Marantz 67se full diva modded
M7 tube preamp with 3x telefunken tubes
Korsun V8i power amp
Speaker- Dynaudio 1.3SE with Target R6 stand
Supertweeter- Fostex GS90A
Interconnect- Slinkylink & Mogami 2803
Speaker cable- Acoustic Zen Hologram II
Power cable- All 4 using Acrolink 4030 with P/C004
Oyaide MTB-6 Power strip

Home theatre:-
Bluray player- Pioneer bdp320 & Sony S550
Amp- Yamaha DSP-A1
TV- Pioneer 508XG/S
Speaker- front Ruark Prolouge, centre Ruark Dialouge 2, front sur ALR Jordan entry s, back sur Def Tech Bp2X bipolar
Subwoofer- SVS PB10

« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 17:11 by fx »
Marantz67SE mod~Tube preamp~Korsun V8i power amp~Dynaudio 1.3SE~Fostex GS90A supertweeter
HT9.2-Oppo BDP95~Pioneer BD320~Sony S550~Onkyo TX-NR5007~Emotiva XPA3~Dynaudio 1.3SE~ Dynaudio 200C~Def Tech BP1.2X~Def Tech BP2X~Tannoy605~Rythmik FV15HP~Hsu MBM12MKII~Antimode 8033C~Pioneer 508XG/S
Rack: TAOC, Solidsteel, Cable: Slinkylink, Acoustic Zen, Mogami, Acrolink, Oyaide, Qed, Tweak: Symposium Rollerblock2+, Acostic Revive RR77, RD3, Marigo Labs Signature 3-D Mat, TAOC...

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2010, 13:27 »
Fully agreed with you domj :D

If the new Dyns are so hard to drive. I think they can packup and close the factory. So hard to drive who wants to buy them? ???

well, i didnt mean they were hard to drive. just so the AVR specs doesnt list 4ohm impedance capable. recommend 6 to 8ohms only. :-X
ProJect Q.

Offline clitang

« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2010, 00:32 »
Dynaudio owner checking in!
Sorry, photo a bit blur.
My simple setup:-

The Trio

Source & Power

Home theatre

Stereo (Plasma tv hidden & floorstander speaker removed)

One & only sweetspot

Stereo:-
Marantz 67se full diva modded
M7 tube preamp with 3x telefunken tubes
Korsun V8i power amp
Speaker- Dynaudio 1.3SE with Target R6 stand
Supertweeter- Fostex GS90A
Interconnect- Slinkylink & Mogami 2803
Speaker cable- Acoustic Zen Hologram II
Power cable- All 4 using Acrolink 4030 with P/C004
Oyaide MTB-6 Power strip

Home theatre:-
Bluray player- Pioneer bdp320 & Sony S550
Amp- Yamaha DSP-A1
TV- Pioneer 508XG/S
Speaker- front Ruark Prolouge, centre Ruark Dialouge 2, front sur ALR Jordan entry s, back sur Def Tech Bp2X bipolar
Subwoofer- SVS PB10

Nice setup, I can see your room has done proper treatment. Do you use any equipment to measure the Freq. Response?

Thank you for signing one. We need more Dynaudio fans to be active here and share.

Thank you

Offline kuryakin

« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2010, 19:02 »
My room size looks the same.
Do describe what room treatment you have done please!
BTW, where is your sub placed?

Offline fx

• Dane_Don't_Lie
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2010, 22:29 »
Do you use any equipment to measure the Freq. Response?
clitang, no, i didn't. Just based on my own listening test. Room treatment played a major role in setting up stereo & ht.

Do describe what room treatment you have done please!
BTW, where is your sub placed?
kuryakin, I've posted my whole room image except the ceiling is bare. ::)

Left from my sitting position

Right with subwoofer from my sitting position. Thinking of adding another svs sub to place on the left.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 23:55 by fx »
Marantz67SE mod~Tube preamp~Korsun V8i power amp~Dynaudio 1.3SE~Fostex GS90A supertweeter
HT9.2-Oppo BDP95~Pioneer BD320~Sony S550~Onkyo TX-NR5007~Emotiva XPA3~Dynaudio 1.3SE~ Dynaudio 200C~Def Tech BP1.2X~Def Tech BP2X~Tannoy605~Rythmik FV15HP~Hsu MBM12MKII~Antimode 8033C~Pioneer 508XG/S
Rack: TAOC, Solidsteel, Cable: Slinkylink, Acoustic Zen, Mogami, Acrolink, Oyaide, Qed, Tweak: Symposium Rollerblock2+, Acostic Revive RR77, RD3, Marigo Labs Signature 3-D Mat, TAOC...

Offline shsoh

• .:..:..:..:..:..:.
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2010, 09:06 »
I own a Thiel 2.4 but I would love to listen to a pair of C1. Any chance....?

Offline clitang

« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2010, 09:39 »
clitang, no, i didn't. Just based on my own listening test. Room treatment played a major role in setting up stereo & ht.

Totally agreed. I am having some treatment issue with my room. Still finding the best way to solve it.

May I ask where did you purchase those bass trap? Price? Can PM or post here if you don't mind.

Thank you

Offline clitang

« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2010, 09:55 »
I own a Thiel 2.4 but I would love to listen to a pair of C1. Any chance....?

Sure you want to do it?

Just to share my experience, when I am in HK some months back. My friend invited me to his house to listen to his new system. The setup is C1, Jeff Rowland 500 Int Amp, Esoteric SA-50 CD/SACD player and connected with Siltech cables. Due to curiosity and itchy backside, I went to his house. After that I came out with tears rolling from my eyes. From that day onwards, I can't sleep well, thinking how to safe up and change my hifi gear.......

FYI, I used to own CS2.4 also.

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
« Reply #194 on: January 07, 2010, 10:13 »
wah bro clitang, your comments making everyone more curious... at the same time very scared...
ProJect Q.