Author Topic: Dynaudio Speaker Thread  (Read 1488304 times)

Offline sound_wave

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Dynaudio Speaker Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2009, 22:33 »
Thanks for the quick response.

There's this shop in adelphi that sells the qeds for 40 dollars per metre so the pricing is still reasonable. It's the qed banana plugs that are really overpriced.

I'm quite curious about the synergistic research cables. R the cables warm sounding or neutral? How do u compare it to kimber cables? Lastly, where can I buy the cables from? Maybe u can let me know how much is the pricing per metre. Tks!

Maybe other dynaudio speaker owners can also share what type of cables you use? Tks. 
CAPS v2+, Calyx DAC 24/192, Primare i30, Dynaudio Focus 110

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2009, 22:57 »
On my system, the QED Revelations was very thin on the bass and a bit bright. The Alphas gave it more low end detail.

But I opted for the Silversmith Audio Silver ribbon in the end.

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline stealth

• "Hear, see and pay with Confidence"
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2009, 23:20 »
I would like to upgrade my speaker cables and would like some advise as to which ones is suitable for my Focus 110 speakers. I'm currently using Primare i21 amp, mac mini hook up to dacmagic as source and qed xtube 300 speaker cables. I would like to improve the details and clarity without making it sound bright. I also prefer warm over bright sound. The good thing about my current cables is it's very neutral which suits my current system well.    

Some cables I'm considering include kimber 8tc and qed revelation speaker cables. I understand the qed revelation is silver plated so may sound bright but based on whathifi and hifichoice reviews, it seems the cable is quite neutral and very detailed. The kimber cables on the other hand is highly recommended to me but is a tad more expensive than the qeds.

Any advise pls?  Tks!

If you're setup now sounded just nice to you with the QED Xtube 300, why don't you try some tweaks like isolators footers to improves the setup further instead of changing the QED. Kimber 8TC is a much better performer the your XT300 no doubt is cost a little more. Good tweaks really helps alot on your whole setup.
hifi.com.sg 1 Coleman Street #01-23, 03-35 The Adelphi, Singapore 179803
Tel: 6336 1450, 6334 7639
https://hifi.com.sg

Offline tonedeft

« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2009, 23:26 »
Cn recommend some footers/isolators? Also if anyone knows where to get them (if any) in Taipei, please let me know. Thanks

Offline stealth

• "Hear, see and pay with Confidence"
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2009, 23:37 »
Cn recommend some footers/isolators? Also if anyone knows where to get them (if any) in Taipei, please let me know. Thanks

Sorry I'm not sure where you can get isolators/footers from Taipei, maybe Francis should know ;D

If you want neutral, lots of micro-dynamics but can create 3D sounding try Finite Elemente Ceraball Universal (4pcs for $280)

More dynamics and also wide soundstage Nordost Pulsar Points (Aluminium or Titanium 4pcs $190 and $560)

Some of our fellow bros here also using TAOC footers/isolators are also very well recommended :D

hifi.com.sg 1 Coleman Street #01-23, 03-35 The Adelphi, Singapore 179803
Tel: 6336 1450, 6334 7639
https://hifi.com.sg

Offline vp171s

OCOS cable vs Others ?
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2009, 00:00 »
Has anyone compared using the OCOS speaker cables in their Dynaudio setup versus other cables ? Any feedbacks ?

Offline dynaudio

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Consequence Ultimate
Re: OCOS cable vs Others ?
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2009, 10:28 »
Has anyone compared using the OCOS speaker cables in their Dynaudio setup versus other cables ? Any feedbacks ?

OCOS is well recommended by Dynaudio for their neutrality with low impedance. Good smooth mids & highs but bass is alittle shy. For those who wants abit more slam can try double the cables. Hmmm...as for price....not cheap...$139/m :P

Offline IwishIwasToneDeaf

« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2009, 12:39 »
Thanks for the quick response.

There's this shop in adelphi that sells the qeds for 40 dollars per metre so the pricing is still reasonable. It's the qed banana plugs that are really overpriced.

I'm quite curious about the synergistic research cables. R the cables warm sounding or neutral? How do u compare it to kimber cables? Lastly, where can I buy the cables from? Maybe u can let me know how much is the pricing per metre. Tks!

Maybe other dynaudio speaker owners can also share what type of cables you use? Tks. 

Hi sound_wave, mentioned to you over email before. I kinda felt the 8TC had good synergy with my Focus previously. Typically off the 2nd hand market, it goes for around S$50/m. To me this is value for money and you probably won't have trouble reselling off at a similar price.

Cheers!
Apple TV 160GB | Beresford TC-7510 DAC Pre | Densen DM-30 | Dynaudio Focus 110

Offline seanyzf

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2009, 13:03 »
OCOS is well recommended by Dynaudio for their neutrality with low impedance. Good smooth mids & highs but bass is alittle shy. For those who wants abit more slam can try double the cables. Hmmm...as for price....not cheap...$139/m :P

your side retailing it ar?

Offline dynaudio

• Consequence Ultimate
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2009, 13:40 »
your side retailing it ar?

Yup!

Offline vp171s

« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2009, 17:03 »

You mean 1 strand for + & 1 for - on each side ?

Another question - any advantage to using the OCOS receptor on the speakers versus using the regular +/- binding posts ?

Thanks !
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 17:07 by vp171s »

Offline dynaudio

• Consequence Ultimate
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2009, 17:48 »
http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/systems/lines/accessories/ocos.php

look for the twin combi...

The OCOS receptor is designed for old dynaudio loudspeaker..new ones you dun need that just standard banana or spade lugs.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 17:51 by dynaudio »

Offline hca2

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2009, 18:48 »
waiting for dynaudio sale same as last year i missed that one

Offline crombie

« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2009, 19:01 »
Bro,

You sold your Jordan already? Now aiming for the Dynaudio liao? Which model you eyeing now? ;D
Krell KAV300i Int amp Emotiva ERC2 cdp Rega R5 speakers
Panasonic TH-P50S10S tv Emotiva UPA500 amp Emotiva UMC200 pre-amp Pioneer BDP-LX54 blu ray player DefTech Mythos 8 L/R Mythos 3 center ProCinema 800 surround SuperCube III subwoofer
ViewSonic Pro8200 Remaco 100"

Offline hca2

« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2009, 19:38 »
Bro,

You sold your Jordan already? Now aiming for the Dynaudio liao? Which model you eyeing now? ;D

not yet, i dont have in mind at this time maybe those i can afford