Author Topic: Dynaudio Speaker Thread  (Read 1711501 times)

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
Re: Dynaudio Speaker Thread
« Reply #6585 on: September 10, 2020, 18:55 »
A shout out to fellow Dynaudio bros. After having your Dyn for sometime. How are they sounding to you? I want to share more poisons to help you relive that 1st time you got the speakers yet again.

Bro Audio poison me with something I totally cannot afford. But have got me slowly to seek out new possibilities with a lower manageable budget.
Dynaudio Confidence C2, Center, Contour SR, IC 17, Contour S1.4LE
Plinius CD101, Tautoro, SA103, Gold Note Valore Lite
Soundgenic, Yulong DA8-II
Denon AVC X8500H, Sony BDP X700, Optoma UHD65, Panasonic CX700
finite elemente Pagode Master Reference MkII

Offline wusplay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6586 on: September 10, 2020, 20:04 »
new possibilities = ?
What did Audio show you?

Offline dXter

« Reply #6587 on: September 11, 2020, 22:13 »
Don't beat around the bush bro djq.

Offline DJQ

« Reply #6588 on: September 11, 2020, 23:19 »
Haha. Some high end XLR interconnects that cost $30k. Anyway I have other brands in mind that might be able to perform just as well.

Seriously I never ever heard my system performed so well before. Going to return Audio the cables next week. I almost do not wanna take them out.

He told me another brand to consider was MIT....  :P

Offline Quest

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Cyber Dreamer
« Reply #6589 on: September 12, 2020, 00:07 »
Err me? Not to me but to shops i know. Big ticket items are moving. Mostly to customers that are on the top tiers. Have to give it some time to pickup.
During the economic downturn of 2008-2009 the luxury goods market took a nose dive and recovered quickly. I do hope this time round we would have a V recovery. Its all relative and speakers with 5 or 6 figures price tag maybe like buying a wrench for the rich. Singapore has many millionaires here so you should be doing great there :P

Long time never chat with both of you, hope you are both staying safe. Was chatting on this topic to some hifi friends as well, and agree that big ticket seems to be moving. Covid is certainly bringing a dampener to salaries/bonus in general, but some tech/e-comm sectors are up, and the bullish US stock market also helps offset for those who are invested.

It's also a definite trend for people to be spending on home improvement (including electronics, home exercise equipment, etc) since travel is still uncertain.

Offline DJQ

« Reply #6590 on: September 14, 2020, 13:07 »
Yes, should catch up sometime. In fact I have been chatting with like minded kakis on midfi rather than hifi. There are still plenty out there who love music and simply investing time to enjoy the playback - not the gears. Anyway, not to veer off too far from Dynaudio thread...its still a great brand in general. The older iterations of their reference speakers are still great VFM; especially the jaw dropping - https://www.dynaudio.com/discontinued-models/consequence/consequence-ultimate-edition?c=rosewoodsatin

Long time never chat with both of you, hope you are both staying safe. Was chatting on this topic to some hifi friends as well, and agree that big ticket seems to be moving. Covid is certainly bringing a dampener to salaries/bonus in general, but some tech/e-comm sectors are up, and the bullish US stock market also helps offset for those who are invested.

It's also a definite trend for people to be spending on home improvement (including electronics, home exercise equipment, etc) since travel is still uncertain.

Yes definitely staying safe. Come to think of it, this wearing of surgical mask should stay. I do realize we no longer catch the common flu bug and that irritating cough virus. Which equates to zero visits to clinic for the flu med and cough syrup.

Well if time permits for both of you, coming Sat afternoon i will be at Adelphi as usual. drop me a msg if you are free for coffee/tea to catch up. :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 13:11 by DJQ »

Offline mousike

« Reply #6591 on: September 15, 2020, 16:36 »
Folks, all said...I do missed the good "old" days of home visiting; it wasn't that long ago but with the pandemic it felt like ages! I remember visiting you folks and listening to your setup. That was exciting, interesting, and intriguing at times. It was also a learning journey for me and it was good fun enjoying music with like minded folks. Those were the days I came across folks with all kinds of setups even really large horns in a HDB living room. It was amazing but vastly different from Dynaudio sound.

Good or bad days there will be willing sellers and buyers...even in war time. Regardless, I think it is beneficial for the industry and audio enthusiast to make gears accessible to more people - not just exclusive to some. It is good for more people to be able experience what good sound is. And when more people come to appreciates good sound at a reasonable price I am sure this hobby will grow. Otherwise, its a vicious cycle of downward trend and that's in good or bad times...just that in bad times you have less winners.

Meanwhile, enjoy your tunes...  :)

Offline Amon86

« Reply #6592 on: September 21, 2020, 14:04 »
enquire the price of contour 20i retail 8.5k stock haven't arrive in sg so no demo unit.....curious how it sound as compare to the old version saw the cabinet posted online everything changes inside

Contour 20i

Contour 20
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 14:09 by Amon86 »

Offline wusplay

« Reply #6593 on: September 21, 2020, 14:30 »
Old version have more white stuff inside the tweeter section

Offline Amon86

« Reply #6594 on: September 21, 2020, 14:39 »
Old version have more white stuff inside the tweeter section

They even give u a extra speaker cover cloth in the cabinet haha....the tweeter of the new one like have block of wood use as absorber.....top layer is like those speaker foam protector in box

Offline mousike

« Reply #6595 on: September 22, 2020, 11:52 »
Thanks for your sense of humor...I had a good laugh  ;D

Joke aside...u can get a used C1 with money to spare...

They even give u a extra speaker cover cloth in the cabinet haha....the tweeter of the new one like have block of wood use as absorber.....top layer is like those speaker foam protector in box

Offline Amon86

« Reply #6596 on: September 22, 2020, 14:37 »
Thanks for your sense of humor...I had a good laugh  ;D

Joke aside...u can get a used C1 with money to spare...

Nah i don't have the confidence of using used sets as some users didn't take care of things like i do i got friends that brought amp or speaker 2nd hand used within a year uplorry liao....i prefer new ones then if wanna change i just sell....mine buyer came saw my condition like new will buy from me easily so use the funds to upgrade even though i lose more buying new but it buys me a peace of my mind without worrying

Offline mousike

« Reply #6597 on: September 22, 2020, 17:48 »
Sorry to hear that but my past experience has been very satisfying. The choice is yours...  :)

Nah i don't have the confidence of using used sets as some users didn't take care of things like i do i got friends that brought amp or speaker 2nd hand used within a year uplorry liao....i prefer new ones then if wanna change i just sell....mine buyer came saw my condition like new will buy from me easily so use the funds to upgrade even though i lose more buying new but it buys me a peace of my mind without worrying

Offline Amon86

« Reply #6598 on: September 23, 2020, 11:14 »
Besides i wanna know how the new Esotar 2i tweeter stand out against my diamond tweeter and beryllium when it arrive in sg shall go listen to it.....

Offline wusplay

« Reply #6599 on: September 23, 2020, 21:09 »
I listened to Confidence 20 in AV One with Burmester cdp and hegel amp.
Esotar 3 is good but I'm not certain. At home I'm using S25 equiped with Esotar 2 driven by a much more detail and transparency sounding amp.
This is the problem of listening to speakers in different setup and room.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal