Author Topic: NuForce Icon owners / discussion thread  (Read 149258 times)

Offline medeamona

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NuForce Icon owners / discussion thread
« Reply #345 on: May 18, 2009, 14:19 »
hey, guys,

I have used icon for one year and now am thinking about connecting one power amp to it.

Anyone has tried this?

Can I use the 3.5mm pre-out and use the 3.5mm--RCA cable connected to one power amp==>speakers?

so that we can have more choices of speakers.

thanks in advance!

Offline weibchen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I refuse to pay retail.
« Reply #346 on: June 18, 2009, 23:59 »
Okay anyway visited AudioIconic for 2 demo session -
*plug*
Superb service by the way even when i haven't bought anything yet, nice and patient guy.
*/plug*

I have dilemma with this Icon/S1/W1.
I like the integration/dynamics/clarity/details but there something nagging in me that unsettling.

Apparently with music I listen to - King Crimson/Dream Theatre all the way to Acid jazz and Jazz rock fusion kind of genre.
It seems that FR doesn't seem to capture my attention, with much of my analysis that FRs are meant to be laid back and more for vocals only kind of music.
The feeling is there but yet not there, where don't feel musicians rocking it out infront of you.

It is within my budget to get the whole suite and i'm like 80% firm into buying, somehow 20% is feeling something missing that lacks the thrill of the music.

I feel bad after such good service and patience by audioiconic to not get it from them.

So can anyone point out to me a good fit within that budget if i could just get Icon only but also want some bass?
Learning is always fun.

Offline jonlee

« Reply #347 on: June 19, 2009, 08:46 »
Okay anyway visited AudioIconic for 2 demo session -
*plug*
Superb service by the way even when i haven't bought anything yet, nice and patient guy.
*/plug*

I have dilemma with this Icon/S1/W1.
I like the integration/dynamics/clarity/details but there something nagging in me that unsettling.

Apparently with music I listen to - King Crimson/Dream Theatre all the way to Acid jazz and Jazz rock fusion kind of genre.
It seems that FR doesn't seem to capture my attention, with much of my analysis that FRs are meant to be laid back and more for vocals only kind of music.
The feeling is there but yet not there, where don't feel musicians rocking it out infront of you.

It is within my budget to get the whole suite and i'm like 80% firm into buying, somehow 20% is feeling something missing that lacks the thrill of the music.

I feel bad after such good service and patience by audioiconic to not get it from them.

So can anyone point out to me a good fit within that budget if i could just get Icon only but also want some bass?

switch the W1 with a Velodyne SPL-800i - Subwoofers and try.

Offline myhifisystem

• Music is part of my life
« Reply #348 on: June 19, 2009, 09:43 »
Yes. I'm using the Icon with Velodyne SPL-800i and it's good!!

Regards

Offline Quest

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Cyber Dreamer
« Reply #349 on: June 19, 2009, 09:51 »
Well, this is just my opinion.
I really like the Nuforce icon when I had one, but I feel not everyone will like the S1 and W1.
Nuforce has their own sound character in mind when they made the set.. it actually sound similar to their earphones.
If you don't particularly like the combo but like the icon.. can consider buying that first and then auditioning it with other speaker or even sub combo.

I agree Patrick gives good service too. :)

Offline jonlee

« Reply #350 on: June 19, 2009, 10:10 »
I have not headr the W1 before, thus cannot comment on that.  I do like the sweetness of the icon + S1 (did not bother to do rta, just trust that the OEM did equalise the pair).  Vocals sounded very sweet.  However, really could not tahan the total lost in bass.  Rearranged my whole study room to relocate the S1 to be against the wall, still no bass.

Added 800i...happy liao.  :)

Offline Quest

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Cyber Dreamer
« Reply #351 on: June 19, 2009, 10:24 »
Good to hear you like it jonlee. :) I personally find the S1 really too lean for my liking, even though the output was very clean and overall tonality quite neutral..

Offline myhifisystem

• Music is part of my life
« Reply #352 on: June 21, 2009, 11:26 »
I have the ALR Jordan Entry S which goes along well with the Icon and of course Velodyne SPL-800i. The other thing you can try is to improve on the power supply, try the KingRex SLAP and you will never regret!!

Regards

Offline weibchen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I refuse to pay retail.
« Reply #353 on: June 23, 2009, 23:46 »
Correct me if i'm wrong, the sub connects to the Line Out right?
BTW how much is the Velodyne SPL-800i If any kind soul can tell me.
Learning is always fun.

Offline HoSaybo

« Reply #354 on: June 24, 2009, 08:56 »
Alt, try getting the SVS SB12 at their upcomming roadshow.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #355 on: February 16, 2014, 12:36 »
Say is Audio Iconic's website still around? I tried going in there and my browser reported that it's containing malware.
End of Line - Derezzed