Author Topic: Panerai watches in Singapore  (Read 34924 times)

Offline yellowhandman

Panerai watches in Singapore
« on: August 14, 2007, 10:20 »
Hi, I'm curious to look at some Panerai watches. I'd appreciate any info on authorised dealers, good dealers, etc.

Also, where do the prices start in Singapore?

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED! GO LAKERS! FORZA FERRARI!

Offline khakis359

• perfectly natural
Re: Panerai watches in Singapore
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 11:05 »
 8) Good taste

Offline ew

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 11:56 »
you can try sincere watch or if you fancy 2nd hand panerai, you can try passion at funan or china town point.. usually can get good bargain... or models that are no longer in stock..

cheers

Offline yellowhandman

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 12:17 »
you can try sincere watch or if you fancy 2nd hand panerai, you can try passion at funan or china town point.. usually can get good bargain... or models that are no longer in stock..

cheers

thanks...what is the starting point for panerais, new and used?

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED! GO LAKERS! FORZA FERRARI!

Offline Bono

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 12:18 »
think passions watch at chinatown point is closed... now only left funan level 2...

http://www.passions.com.sg/

visiotime at hitachi tower, raffles place has extensive collection of the PAMs... check it out...

http://www.visiotime.com/

for price range, basic model like the PAM111 would be < $6k...

another poisonous hobby....  ;D
JVC DLA-RS48 | Marantz AV8801 | Pioneer BDP-450 | | 2 x SVS PC13 Ultra | Dynaudio Acoustics BM 6 |
Focal-JMLab Diva Utopia | Karan KAS270 | Marantz SC-11S1 | Marantz NA-11S1 | Marantz SA-11S2

Offline ew

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 13:03 »
back in 2000.. a panerai will go for about $3k-$4k.. after all the movie star endorsement (some TCS actors are wearing too) the price went up to $6k-$76 depending on model..

a good 2nd hand, should set u about $5k... depending on model and condition.. because panerai always have limited production hence 2nd hand watch still holds the value.. :)

cheers

Offline BobaFett

• Bounty Hunter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 13:27 »
If you are looking for models that no longer available in Singapore. I suggest you go to HK and buy from the Panerai boutique. Saw lots of model in HK that SG don't have!

Basically buying a brand new PAM in SG that you like is almost IMPOSSIBLE!
"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded."

High Definition 720p/1080p MKV Movies download GALORE here -->  http://www.giganews.com/?c=kenobi

Offline Quest

• Cyber Dreamer
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 14:04 »
wow okay. panerai is not as ex as i thought.
somehow had perception it was 20k and above. lol

Offline Bono

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 14:21 »
the 5k-6k ones are the basic models only.... some rare to find stuff are easily in 5-figure price range...  :P
JVC DLA-RS48 | Marantz AV8801 | Pioneer BDP-450 | | 2 x SVS PC13 Ultra | Dynaudio Acoustics BM 6 |
Focal-JMLab Diva Utopia | Karan KAS270 | Marantz SC-11S1 | Marantz NA-11S1 | Marantz SA-11S2

Offline ew

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 14:42 »
in my personal opinon no point paying 5 figure for a panerai.. you will be better off buying a Audemars Piguet or Patek Philippe which worths its value better..

geez, suddenly i feel like i am in thepurist forum.. haha

cheers

Offline mantre

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 15:36 »
I concur with ew, no point paying 5 figure for a panerai ... especially they are increasing their production every year and their lookalikes that flooded the market.  :-\

If I have such deep pockets, I would go for MB&F, Urwerk and models from the independents.  ;D

Online hotbird

• I love ~Moviola~
    • ~Moviola~
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 16:07 »
If you are looking for models that no longer available in Singapore. I suggest you go to HK and buy from the Panerai boutique. Saw lots of model in HK that SG don't have!

Basically buying a brand new PAM in SG that you like is almost IMPOSSIBLE!

Not true, I just bought a new PAM from the Sincere shop at Taka b4 gst price increase.
Guess it's which shop you go to and which salesman serves you ;-)
Listen to ~MOVIOLA~Movie themes, and ILLUMINATIONS~Relaxation

Online hotbird

• I love ~Moviola~
    • ~Moviola~
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 16:20 »
I concur with ew, no point paying 5 figure for a panerai ... especially they are increasing their production every year and their lookalikes that flooded the market.  :-\

If I have such deep pockets, I would go for MB&F, Urwerk and models from the independents.  ;D

That's true, I wouldn't spend 5 figures for a Panerai too,,,most cannot differentiate a 4 fig Panerai from a 5 fig Panerai. So long as it is big and noticeable, any basic Panerai will suffice for me  ;D

For 5 digits prices, I would go for a JLC/Patek/IWC/AP/Lange/UN etc, as these are the really boutique houses for luxury watches each posessing their own very famous models that is instantly recognisable anywhere ;-)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 16:23 by hotbird »
Listen to ~MOVIOLA~Movie themes, and ILLUMINATIONS~Relaxation

Offline mantre

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 17:00 »
Not true, I just bought a new PAM from the Sincere shop at Taka b4 gst price increase.
Guess it's which shop you go to and which salesman serves you ;-)

It seems there's a handful of fellow Paneristis here.  :D

Yes, some shops/salesmen do have access to certain stocks. Hence, it's always good to maintain good relationship with them.  ;D

BTW, TEMPUS exhibition will be back at Raffles City Convention on 5-9 Sept. A good time to check out new offerings by premium watch manufacturers in this mini SIHH/Basel.

Offline ew

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 17:07 »
actually the "trend" for panerai kicks in around 2003... when suddenly "big" watches with diameter exceeding 44mm is the IN thing... watches like submariner which measures ard 39mm used to be "big"... now it seems dwarf compared to the panny...

personally i am still dreaming of AP RO Offshore..... drooooling...