Author Topic: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion  (Read 530381 times)

Offline kelso

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion
« Reply #1215 on: January 23, 2011, 16:42 »
Gareth Bale on the left and Adam Johnson on the right before the transfer window ends ... please
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline lewlian

« Reply #1216 on: January 23, 2011, 16:50 »
Re-watched the third goal couple of times. The 30-pass move was, to say the least, heavenly.

If Roy was given more time like what the media would have people believe would we have seen the same level of commitment and confidence on display? Guess not. Kenny did it in 2-3 weeks.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 16:55 by lewlian »
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Luv4nature

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #1217 on: January 23, 2011, 19:00 »
On the 3rd goal, I think the last touch by Kuyt was a freak one, think he was trying to nudge it pass the last defender, but ball deflected perfectly onto Torres and he converted it.

Sometimes you can't help but to wonder lady luck is always on the side that has the belief, that is more determine, and put in more effort to try to score. And in this game, pool definitely fitted the bill. Have seen many times this happened to ManU and Chelsea too.

Offline SiriuslyCold

• inter cathedra et pulpitum reae culpae est
« Reply #1218 on: January 25, 2011, 17:37 »
sort of, you make your own luck, eh

i like hearing about this playing with fearlessness - let's hope it lasts cuz I haven;t managed a match yet since i got here *sigh*

What do you guys think of Sky getting rid of Gray and Keys in the wake of the correct non-offisde call ... no more Manc fawning from those two at least (not that it'll ever stop...)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 17:42 by SiriuslyCold »

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
« Reply #1219 on: January 25, 2011, 19:52 »
I wonder if Charlie Adam scores against ManU tonight, will his value go up?

The Sky sports issue is a little dumb.... those 2 are really MCP to the core, but unfortunate for them that a "private" conversation gets taped down and passed to the press.
They're made to look even dumber when it's proven that there really was no offside and the woman ref they insulted was proven right. Maybe someone should explain the offside rule to them.  :P

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #1220 on: January 25, 2011, 20:02 »
The Sky sports issue is a little dumb.... those 2 are really MCP to the core, but unfortunate for them that a "private" conversation gets taped down and passed to the press.
They're made to look even dumber when it's proven that there really was no offside and the woman ref they insulted was proven right. Maybe someone should explain the offside rule to them.  :P

No such thing as a "private conversation" when you're miked up and ready to go: apparently it is a basic rule in broadcast journalism to always assume you are "live".

As for being proven right, actually they made the comments even before the game started.  That she got a controversial and difficult offside decision spot-on just shows how dumb they were to make any assumptions about her competence in the first place.  I like how Kenny took the piss out of Sky in the press conference later, asking the Sky interviewer whether he had a problem with there being female journalists present :D 
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline lewlian

« Reply #1221 on: January 25, 2011, 22:17 »

To quote a scouser in RAWK. ROFL.  ;D

"my scouse crush off Wolf Wonders engender periodic ecstasies, an' Sabu ain't talkin sum Mendeleev skag WRITE SABU PUNDIT.

Slapped headed Mr Roma Relish offer Belgian Harrod van performance i.e deliver the goods Ost End-taciously. Any ol' journo be sayin' it contend "Gola d'Caesar" but in this humble pinion twas thingy booty, a graceful fadin' ark wiv' purity off Vestal Virgin. Bez strike sins Scargill's vs Snatcher.

Sabu incredulous daylight at Gandhi (i.e non-violent) Rampages from the mid feels as Mr Lugar Sliver an' mob hurtle to sport El Nina The Child who snarl an' bite an' taunt Wolf Staidman into shrivelled ball submission. Plus RESPEC' dew to plane Jane super brain Linesman_Girl what display ovaries off steal resist bayin' Wolf crowd two correct identity 1st gol as on sight. Them short, neat, clipp'd passes and movies an' off the ball runny for final gol a page flippin' remind rewind off are reach Herod titch. PLUS Mr Question PoorSon done  partial Betty Ford Clinic session can you have a belief it? More positive in this comprehension away day spatial than fucked blister pack Duracells. Sabu is havin' a cockled hoop! Three goats away from home to take the Mick on gruff McCarthy troll. Thank you very much."
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
« Reply #1222 on: January 26, 2011, 02:10 »
Andy Gray has just been axed. Women's Power sia!

Offline landis1

« Reply #1223 on: January 26, 2011, 08:01 »
such is the confidence for king kenny. or the disdain for fulham ;D

Offline lewlian

« Reply #1224 on: January 26, 2011, 15:00 »

A little bit of euphoria and a little bit of confidence with no disrespect to Fulham. However one looks at it, I can safely say it has been quite a while since any Reds supporter actually look forward to a match. Proof of any revival is in the pudding but at least it is on the positive side rather than with bleakness.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline cn9601

« Reply #1225 on: January 26, 2011, 15:36 »
hmmmmmm....... ::)  wonder whether later aginst Fulham, we can get a good result.

YES, must have faith  ;D

Offline cn9601

« Reply #1226 on: January 27, 2011, 11:08 »
rather than saying Fulham pushed harder in 2nd half, thought we were again 'suffering' from 'run out steam' in 2nd half --> Torres did look more tired

Meireles had proven again his pace and position and energy. It would be good to see how Meireles and Gerrard could interchange their position and pace, thus making the mid-field a lot more unpredictable to the other team, and thus allowing more space and creativity, and thus providing more service up front to Torres, thus......it's getting more and more exciting  ;D

it was not a fanciful goal (own goal by Pantsil, and hoping to see him get red carded), but the team play was nice to watch, at least for the 1st half  :D

BUT, the defence is problematic.......can the return of Carragher help? hmmmmm.......if only Hypia is around  ;)

Offline kelso

« Reply #1227 on: January 27, 2011, 12:02 »
got this from lfctv  ;D

sian massey has inherited the new nickname "just for men" because use her once and you get rid of gray....
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline lewlian

« Reply #1228 on: January 27, 2011, 12:12 »
Here's to a continuation of a decent run. Good call by Massey but poor one by the one last night. Does someone need to explain the offside rule to this linesman?  :P
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline landis1

« Reply #1229 on: January 27, 2011, 15:54 »
congratulations to liverpool's win, albeit a win by the opponents own goal. but watching the match-after commentary, I wonder who the hell is Phil babb?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 15:56 by landis1 »